Blur, Blur, and More Blur

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I absolutely love these guys! I own Blur, Modern Life is Rubbish, Greatest Hits, Think Tank, and Parklife. I must say everyone of those is unique. Modern Life is a perfect example of an early 90's poppy British album. Full of guitars and beats. Parklife is very British. Damon said it was inspired by the Kinks, I think. Blur is when they exposed themselves to American roll and roll. That's the album where you get the "Whooo" song! Most people I know don't know any Blur song except this one. I became a fan because of "Song 2" but I heard many Blur fans say and I must agree that Blur has many other songs that could be as good or even better than that song. Take "Tender" or "Beetlebum" for example. Why were those not the radio, I wonder? Anyways, their Greatest Hits is a complete package. A perfect one I might add. A DVD of their music videos is in stores too. Which is absolutely maginificent! Then you have Think Tank, I am not too fond of it. But is a very unique album and their most indie and acoustic to date. Anyways, I just love Blur!! :) Let's show some love for Blur!!! :wink: :evil:

Last edited:
blur2.jpg

blur3.jpg

blur4.jpg

Last edited:
everything damon albarn touches is gold.
and he absolutely molested blur.

i love blur, guys.

Molested postively or negatively? If you are being sarcastic or truthful, I can't tell.

i'm one of the biggest blur/damon albarn fans you'll find on this forum.

damon's also probably my favourite singer in pop music... well, outside of pop too, since i can't admit to listening to a lot of other stuff outside of pop that has singing in it.

Cool! Why do you love Blur? I love Blur because they are honest and they sound so cool! If I were in a band, I would love to sound like them!

well in that case i'm glad you're not in a band, because i think it's fair to say that any time any band tries to sound like anyone else, they sound shite.
i love blur because they write great music.
it's pretty simple.

"to the end" will be my wedding song one day, mark my words.

Well, I would have a lot of influences and take those influences to my own very unique sounds. Like U2, it's very clear they are influenced by the Beatles but they don't sound like them! I meant I want to be influenced by Blur not a carbon copy! Make more sense now?

My favorite Blur songs are: "Song 2," "The Universal," "Tender," "Beetlebum, and "Advert," "End of a Century," "Gilrs and Boys," "Chemical World" and "Coffee and TV."

What are yours?

I love all Blur albums but here are my rankings today for the ones I have:

1. Greatest Hits
2. Modern Life is Rubbish
3. Parklife
4. Blur
5. Think Tank

How about you?

Last edited:
Finally, something to accompany the nauseating thread of Oasis praise.

While Parklife was certainly the breakthrough and definitive blur album, I find myself admiring the self-titled more and more over the years, because it found them leaving their familiar Brit Pop waters and venturing into unknown territory. Inspired by a lot of lo-fi American rock (I know Pavement was a quoted influence), they dirtied it up and really created something dense to get lost in.

Beetlebum is a funny track to lead off with, it's almost a farewell postcard to their old sound, before they burst out with the balls-to-the-wall Song 2. I love You're So Great (with Coxon on vocals), On Your Own, and the "apology" for Parklife's Magic America on Look Inside America. You also have the almost Portishead-sounding trip hop on Death of a Party, and the anti-epic Essex Dogs, which clearly owes a debt to Sonic Youth.

I love Blur the album too. "You're So Great" reminds me of the lo-fi of Weezer's first album. "Song 2" is a classic. I love how "Essex Dogs" is a long non-stop track with cracking guitars!

Cute Irish Bono said:
Anyways, their Greatest Hits is a complete package. A perfect one I might add.

:yes: (Well, actually I think I prefer James' Best Of a smidgen more but Blur's is a close second!!!).

Back
Top Bottom