Blues vs Canucks - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2003, 12:30 AM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:53 PM
Chizip - I just got home from my buddy's place where we watched the game. It's called having a life!!

As for the game, the Canucks didn't show up tonight again. It will be a short series if this is the kind of effort they'll muster. Cloutier was the only one who did show up. And, yes, he is *definitley* back to form. Even you must admit that now.

The officiating was atrocious, which didn't go in the Canucks favour. I can't believe they called a pick against Vancouver on the powerplay, but when St. Louis did the very same thing (twice), there's no call. Explain that one to me.

The Blues played a typical, *boring*, all 5 guys back defensive game, and turned the ice into mud. Pathetic way to win, but effective nonetheless. By the way, did the fans even show up to that game? Talk about night and day between Blues fans and Vancouver fans.

Naslund, Bert, and Morrison have to figure something out by next game, or this series is over.

Oh, BTW Chizip - I can't say I feel sorry for you anymore for the way Bear rubbed in the last Canucks win! After this episode, you deserve everything you get!

Old 04-15-2003, 12:36 AM   #77
The Fly

terrible game, from what ive heard.

14 shots on goal?

michael, have you noticed how the canucks cant hit the net?

bertuzzi hasnt scored in 9 or 10 games.

things need to change.

but to be fair, i saw the third period for a bit, and they didnt look toooooo bad.

but they should be playing great, thats the problem.

Old 04-15-2003, 12:41 AM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:53 PM
i knew there was probably a reason why you werent here, you are respectable like that. but when the blues lost there were like 5 people who came to rub it in. so i get annoyed with the people who dont say ever say anything, then when they win, come say "eat shit" to rub it in, and then dont come back when they lose.

and hey i never really rubbed it in tonight, i did say eat shit, but only joking in response to the eat shit i got last time.

cloutier did have a nice game tonight, he really kept you guys it in, with the help of a couple posts. but he still doesnt frighten me, i think he is capable of allowing a soft goal at anytime. the same can be said for osgood as well.

the blues went into their boring type defensive style with about 12 min left. it was classic playoff hockey, the kind i remember the red wings using against us when they were on their way to the cup. it is so frustrating, as it must have been for you as you could only get 3 shots in the 3rd. thats pretty amazing considering we didnt even have macinnis.

on the tkachuk pick, it shouldnt have been called because tkachuk got their first, you are allowed to go occupy space that you want if you get there before the other man, and thats exactly what he did, very smart play.

and you're right, if your big line cant find a groove this series could be over soon.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:44 AM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yes, Bear - that's the problem. They're playing just well enough to stay in the game, but not well enough to win. It's like they're afraid or something. And yes, they missed the net on about 9 shots in a row. It's bizarre, isn't it? How can a team who scored 4 goals less than the NHL lead this year miss the net like that? Bertuzzi missed the net over and over. They've got to re-focus. Hopefully Crawford can figure something out, cause Naslund has been completely ineffective. That whole line has, actually. At this point, I'd say they're more of a liability than an asset. And that spells trouble for the Canucks, because they won't win without them producing.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:46 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
*just to be an ass and break up the testosterone*

and 's to you all.

Old 04-15-2003, 12:48 AM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

well you know thats why its not good to have a one line team, because when the line is shut down there isnt much other scoring
Old 04-15-2003, 12:56 AM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Thanks for the hugs n' kisses Miss Velvet D!

Chizip - yes, the solution to that is put Branden Reid out with Naslund and May. May would create room for Naslund, protect him, and Reid would create speed, which would also allow more room for Naslund. Speaking of Reid, where was he??? I can't believe they didn't dress him. Latowski was dressed instead??? Bad move. Also, put Bertuzzi on with the Sedins, and Linden, Morrison and Cooke out on another line.

As for the Tkachuk pick, he pushed Baron right into Cloutier's territory, which prevented Cloutier from challenging the shooter! That is not legal, so I have to disagree with you on that one.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:59 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Old 04-15-2003, 01:00 AM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

missdress loves the testosterone

she just wanted an excuse to kiss all the guys
Old 04-15-2003, 01:08 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Old 04-15-2003, 01:09 AM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

delicious
Old 04-15-2003, 01:24 AM   #87
Kid A

daniel sedin could have gotten a major penalty for that one hit, no?

14 shots...
Old 04-15-2003, 01:26 AM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

he not only could have he should have, that was a ridiculous call only to give him a 2 minute minor
Old 04-15-2003, 01:31 AM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Like I said, the officiating was brutal, and if we went back through the game, we could find many examples of the Blues getting away with many calls, too. Yes, Sedin was a knob for that hit, and was a knob for all the other penalties he took, as well. But I wish the Blues were called for some of the blatent holds and hooks as well, not to mention the picks. The officiating was brutal for both teams, but the Canucks took the brunt of it. That's the way the cookie crumbles, though.
Old 04-15-2003, 01:37 AM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

i dont know, i have to think it was evenly poorly called for both teams. there was a phantom high stick call that lead to a blue pp goal, and then another phantom high stick that lead to a canucks pp goal. and the refs are just so inconsistent its hard to know what is and isnt a penalty these days. but i did see a couple replays of the weight goal with the tkachuk "interference." i know we wont ever agree on this, but tkachuk skated and planted himself just outside the crease. he can go stand in front of the goalie if he is outside the crease, so that is not interference. then baron, a former blue, tried to get in behind him like an idiot. and while he tried to fit in between tkachuks big butt and cloutier, he bumped into cloutier a bit, it wasnt tkachuks fault baron is a goof. but im sure we could look at the same replays and seeing different things for what we want to see, so its not really worth arguing about it.