Blues vs Canucks - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2003, 02:11 PM   #271
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Flag Pole Pear
michael, all the pressure is on the blues. they were the ones with the 3-1 lead, and for them to blow it would be humiliating. you can ask the blues players all about it on wednesday morning...
Yes, exactly Bear. I was going to mention that but that comment Chizip made about the Canucks having no pressure themeselves took the cake, so I pushed that point instead. This, though, is a VERY valid point as well. If they lose game 7, they will have to face the St. Louis fans (ie, Chizip) who have grown increasingly frustrated (ie, Chizip) with them having such regular season success and nothing to show for it

Old 04-21-2003, 02:13 PM   #272
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Local Time: 03:58 AM
I was only ribbing you too.

LMAO @ your choice of quote. I love my team... but I have learned to not always have faith. Sad but true. They have disapointed more than not... so. What can I say

You should have heard me Friday when the Blue's tied it up... My friends quoted me all weekend: "Game Over" Now we're heading to game 7... Colour me excited, but not overly confident. They can do it... but they are so unpredictable. Depends which team shows up. Friday's Canucks... or the Canuckleheads from game one.

Old 04-21-2003, 02:15 PM   #273
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
wow, look at all the canucks fans bickering. internal fighting is a sign of weakness. looks like the blues will be able to coast to victory in vancouver.
Michael and I aren't bickering... I was just claiming my ground.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:16 PM   #274
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
wow, look at all the canucks fans bickering. internal fighting is a sign of weakness. looks like the blues will be able to coast to victory in vancouver.
The Iraqi Information isn't dead!! He's alive and well at the U2 fan forum known as Feedback. Quick, call the White House!
Old 04-21-2003, 02:19 PM   #275
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel
I was only ribbing you too.

LMAO @ your choice of quote. I love my team... but I have learned to not always have faith. Sad but true. They have disapointed more than not... so. What can I say

You should have heard me Friday when the Blue's tied it up... My friends quoted me all weekend: "Game Over" Now we're heading to game 7... Colour me excited, but not overly confident. They can do it... but they are so unpredictable. Depends which team shows up. Friday's Canucks... or the Canuckleheads from game one.
Yes, Angel, sweetie. I'm sorry I agree. They are rather unpredictable. The one thing we have going for us is the Canucks love to go on winning streaks. They went on two long streaks earlier this year, and maybe they're beginning another "won" right before our very eyes!! Sorry Angel. I apologize again. Michael = bad!!
Old 04-21-2003, 02:21 PM   #276
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:58 AM
i almost feel sorry for all you canuckers, the blues are just teasin you all. we could have wrapped this up in 5 games, but what fun is that? a 7 game series is much more exciting, and good for the sport. i say kudos to the blues for trying to bring more excitement to the game. of course now that it's game 7, it's time for another 6-0 butt whooping, so sorry to get your hopes up. but hey, after you lose you'll all have each other to bicker to all summer. bicker bicker bicker.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:27 PM   #277
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Funny how the Blue's fan always manages to talk smack... yet the Canuck fans remain humble as always... even amidst in fighting.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:27 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip..."i say kudos to the blues for trying to bring more excitement to the game."
Hahaha!! So now you're saying the Blues lost game 5 and 6 on purpose??? You're too much, Chizip

To that, I offer two possibillities:

1) If that's true, the Blues are losers by definition.

2) If it's not true, the Blues have choked the series away thus far after holding a 3-1 lead.

Which is it Chizip?
Old 04-21-2003, 02:29 PM   #279
Blue Crack Addict

how about 3)none of the above

the blues are so good, that they are just toying with the canucks. and, we kind of feel sorry for them, so we are being very nice. we even decided to let you guys have another home game, which will bring in much needed revenue for the canucks. now is that nice or what? i wouldnt call somebody who did that a loser, and when the blues win game 7 and the series we will really see who the losers are wont we?
Old 04-21-2003, 02:32 PM   #280
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel
Funny how the Blue's fan always manages to talk smack... yet the Canuck fans remain humble as always... even amidst in fighting.
Aw, isn't she adoroble, Chizip?

Yeah, we really are bickering.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:33 PM   #281
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
how about 3)none of the above

the blues are so good, that they are just toying with the canucks. and, we kind of feel sorry for them, so we are being very nice. we even decided to let you guys have another home game, which will bring in much needed revenue for the canucks. now is that nice or what? i wouldnt call somebody who did that a loser, and when the blues win game 7 and the series we will really see who the losers are wont we?
Clearly a sign that the pressure has gotten to you.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:36 PM   #282
Blue Crack Addict

bicker bicker bicker

clearly a sign the canucks will lose
Old 04-21-2003, 02:44 PM   #283
Bordering Purgatory

Local Time: 01:58 AM
i hate kieth tkachuk.

im going all out for this.

either i get to rub this series in chizips face, or hes gonna rub it in mine but there will not be any deceny in our conducts here at interferenc e.

he can bug me all he wants, and ill do the same. im going for the touchdown with 1 second left, even though i only need a field goal to win it...
i will make you hurt
Old 04-21-2003, 02:45 PM   #284
Rock n' Roll Doggie

This is going to be a fantasitic game!! I can hardly wait. I can just picture it now...the men in white come flying out to the sound of sirens and Edge's silver guitar in 'Streets'. The crowd will be a sea of white pom-poms, shaking the tradition that Vancouver started back in 1982 with the white towels and was later used by Winnipeg and Edmonton. 'O Canada!' will be sung by the crowd again. The atmosphere will be so thick, every Blue will swimming in it. The Canucks meanwhile will be riding it into the corners, hitting every blue in sight, finding loose pucks, making those long passes up to Naslund, Bertuzzi, and Morrison. Speed kills. There will be cross-ice passes onto various Canucks sticks. There will be Hart Trophy moves made by Naslund at every turn. The powerplay will be lethal. Cloutier wil emerge as a playoff hero, stopping point blank chances over and over and over again, as he did last night. Osgood will be wishing he had stayed in bed. The goals will be timely and effective. The sea of white shall rejoice and keep their visions alive for the next round. It will be Canada's turn to hold Lord Stanley once again. This is what we're made of. This is what Vancouver has set out to do all along. Having come back from a 3-1 deficit twice before in recent history, Trevor Linden and company will know what they have to do to get the job done.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:46 PM   #285
Blue Crack Addict

well then i guess ill have to go for the touchdown and 2 point conversion and then onside kick when only a game ending kneel down was needed