Blues vs Canucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well the sig and avatar is because i lost a bet with angel, if you want it changed you have to take it up with her

all i care about in regards to any future opponent to vancouver is that they better play a team that has a loud crowd. sure itll help the other team, but its waaaay more fun seeing a crowd into rather than a deadly boring one like ottawa's.

Chizip said:
hey id just like to congratulate the canucks on a series well played. they just wanted it more and showed the blues that it takes more than talent to win. no excuses, the canucks just flat out outplayed the blues. i hope they go far as they have a really good team and i think the fans deserve it. so enjoy watching the rest of the playoffs, i think i'll be taking a break from here for a while. once again congratulations, and good luck the rest of the way.
Hey Chizip - you are Mr. Class :) I just got back from a party. It was a great series, and St. Louis had me scared to death throughout. Doug Weight is a machine, and be proud of how well your team played through adversity. Al MacCinnis was a warrior to have come back tonight and played. It was a heck of a series, and it could have easily gone the other way. I will miss the trash talking and the jabs. If you want to start rooting for any of the opposition, I will welcome it. This series was good times with you, though I came across quite obnoxiously I'm sure. I will honestly miss all of that. Stick around, alright. I honestly know what it's like when your favourite team to loses a series. It sucks. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way. It's happened many times to me, too. But, we would miss you if you took a break. I think you should stay.

And AvsGirl:

I am really sorry about your team losing. It would have been a wicked series against the Avs, and very entertaining I'm sure - regardless whether they played the Blues or the Canucks. Now, we won't be able to get "heated" ;), but I hope you stick around too. There's always room for you on our side of the fence! I know Chizip won't come over to our side just yet, but if you ever want to, by all means do.

Group hug :hug: :hug: :hug:

Unbelievable game. Can anyone say ON FIRE!!! Trevor Linden is the man! I have never seen anyone skate so amazingly since the days of Michael's hero Mr. Gretzky.

Great series, and DAMN Chizip! you are class! Most definately a gracious loser. Love the sig and avatar :sexywink: You rock man, don't leave us!

I do, I do!!

But of course I want the Sens to win in the end! :)

...wow, I haven't posted on this site in ages and coincidentally I just realized that today marks 11 years since my first U2 concert...at the arena where the Canucks used to play...(near the PNE I think...)

p.s.: Bayern, I can see you're a footie fan! Only 1.5 hours left for Man U to redeem themselves.....(Real is absolutely stunning though so I won't hold my breath!!)

Last edited:
I was really pretty ambivalent about this series, but the fact that the Canucks won will make things easier on my floor...lots of vancouverites...

Chizip, don't go away! Who's going to deliver my breakfast now?? I am so too lazy to go buy cereal...

ladywithspinninghead said:
p.s.: Bayern, I can see you're a footie fan! Only 1.5 hours left for Man U to redeem themselves.....(Real is absolutely stunning though so I won't hold my breath!!)

gonna be a good match......I think real can have this one too..... :yes:

(I don't think i should steal this thread from the hockey fans though..:D )

bayernfc said:
who wants to see Canucks Vs Sens in the finals?(....just a suggestion...)
:yes: This is actually something that many in Canada think (hope) will happen. It would be great for the Canadian hockey market. Bad for the American one, in some ways anyway. I think it would bring back some much needed balance to the sport.

Michael Griffiths said:
And AvsGirl:

I am really sorry about your team losing. It would have been a wicked series against the Avs, and very entertaining I'm sure - regardless whether they played the Blues or the Canucks. Now, we won't be able to get "heated" ;), but I hope you stick around too. There's always room for you on our side of the fence! I know Chizip won't come over to our side just yet, but if you ever want to, by all means do.

Group hug :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awww, thanks Michael. :hug:

Colorado is a sad state right now! But it's baseball season and they'll forget quickly. I just hope Lacroix doesn't gut the team. :(
Changes have to be made, but I doubt he's thinking of the right ones.

I promise, I'll stick around! I probably won't post much, I'll leave that to the die hard. If Chizip doesn't come back, I can at least post the mean art. :evil:

I *am* rooting for Vancouver though. Call me crazy or vindictive, but I want the Wild to be punished. :mad: I know they played well and all, but their heads are going to be so big, they won't be able to skate. :madspit:

Tee hee, maybe I'll stick around just to trash talk. :mac:

Last edited:
thats true, lemaire is an outstanding coach.

hey michael, angel and others...did you know the last time a canadian team made it to the stanley cup finals was way back in 94? guess who it was then?

vancouver... :wink:

:hug: pavel bure :hug:

Yes, they took the Rangers to the 7th game, and Trevor Linden scored both Canucks goals in a 3-2 loss. That guy is Mr. Clutch, with 10 points in 6 game 7s. Pavel hit the damn post on the backhand which looked like a sure goal in the last few minutes too! That was a tough loss. I try not to think about it. See Chizip - I've been in even darker corners, so I know what it's like. Getting all the way to the finals, to that 7th game and losing is not a nice thing. But now, we look ahead to new possibilities! Trevor is still there, has all that experience to draw from, but with a new, exciting team (no Bure of course, but that's probably a good thing now), and who knows what will happen?

AvsGirl41 said:

Awww, thanks Michael. :hug:

Colorado is a sad state right now! But it's baseball season and they'll forget quickly. I just hope Lacroix doesn't gut the team. :(
Changes have to be made, but I doubt he's thinking of the right ones.

I promise, I'll stick around! I probably won't post much, I'll leave that to the die hard. If Chizip doesn't come back, I can at least post the mean art. :evil:

I *am* rooting for Vancouver though. Call me crazy or vindictive, but I want the Wild to be punished. :mad: I know they played well and all, but their heads are going to be so big, they won't be able to skate. :madspit:

Tee hee, maybe I'll stick around just to trash talk. :mac:
Hey, no worries AG. Thanks for rooting for our team. We'll gladly take all the support we can get against that "cult" bwahaha! Burke is just too much sometimes!

I have to say, though, I do miss Chizip a lot. Chizip, come back! You were the glue and fabric of this place!

Michael Griffiths said:
no Bure of course, but that's probably a good thing now

i hate you.

the day i found out bure was definitly not going to show up for the next season was the second darkest day of my life.

at least, i told myself back then, he played in the 97/98 season. he was threatening not to play, but he did.

and wow, did he ever put together quite the season.

pavel bure is my hero.

What would you rather have though? A premadonna who does *not* want to be here, and constantly whined about it because Vancouver was "just too small" for his liking, or would you rather have a great *team*? I'd take Naslund, Bertuzzi, Morrison, Jovo, et. al. over Bure anyday. If that trade had never happened, the Canucks as you know them would never have existed, and we'd probably be going nowhere right now. Bure was an "all about me" player. An amazing, explosive, and exciting player, yes, but I'd question his vision for the team concept. Look where he ended up? New York, the hotbead of premadonnas and selfish players alike. As far as I'm concerned, he can take his 11 million and shove it! We have a team salery that respects the team concept now. How nice is that?

yes its nice, i know.

but i want to have it all. i want pavel bure and the team that we have now.

i dont live in the real world.

I do remember his first game though. He created a great buzz in Vancouver since the day he arrived, until he started complaining of course. But when he had the puck, you felt a collective surge of electricity throughout the building. Even in his first game, it looked as though he was going to get a hat trick. Such speed. He was like 19 or something, looked 14, and said he'd score 50 goals, and he did! I still remember when the Canucks came back from that 3-1 deficit against the Flames, and Bure scored the OT winner in spectacular fashion on the breakaway. Talk about a game breaker. I remember some of the incredible things he used to do with the puck. Like one time in a pre-season game, he came in on a break away (what else was new?), but came in from an angle. As he approached the goalie, he dropped the puck into his skates--all of this at full speed of course--let the puck sit on his blades for a second, and then popped it back up to his stick, by this time on the open side of the net, and popped it home. It was sweet! Yes, I miss those days too, but life's a compromise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom