Blues Player hired a "hitman"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
this is crazy stuff, a St. Louis Blues player, Minka Danton, was arrested for hiring a himan to murder an aquaintance. Supposedly there is some crazy shit that has beeen going on that will be released. Its nuts thinking someone you once sheered on would do something like this...

FBI agents arrested Blues hockey player Mike Danton early Friday on charges that he tried to arrange the murder of an acquaintance at an apartment both used in Brentwood.

Also charged is a woman who said she was involved in a relationship with Danton and who authorities say confessed helping him try to locate a "hit man."

Nobody was injured in the plot, which the FBI said evolved since Tuesday, when Danton, 23, and his target had an argument.

A criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court at East St. Louis says the acquaintance "stated that he and Danton had a severe argument on Tuesday, April 13, 2004, concerning Danton's promiscuity and use of alcohol."

It continues: "Danton begged the acquaintance not to go to the general manager of the St. Louis Blues hockey organization and ruin his career. The acquaintance threatened to leave Danton."

Later in the document, it describes a recorded phone call the FBI got the unidentified acquaintance to make to Danton, apparently before his arrest Friday morning.

"The acquaintance called Danton and asked Danton why he wanted to have him killed," it says. "Danton broke down and sobbed. Danton explained that he felt backed into a corner and also felt that the acquaintance was going to leave him. Danton did not want to allow the acquaintance to leave him, therefore decided to have him murdered."

Danton was picked up in San Jose, Calif., where he played in the Blues' last game of the season Thursday night.

If convicted, he could be imprisoned up to 10 years and fined up to $250,000 on each of two counts - that he conspired and used a telephone across state lines to set up a murder.

Katie Koester Wolfmeyer, 19, of Florissant, also is charged on two counts. She was arrested Thursday night after taking the intended killer, who by then was cooperating with the FBI, to Danton's apartment.

Dave Frost, Danton's agent, said: "We don't as of yet have all the facts. I spoke with Mike. We're fully supportive of him, and we fully intend to be behind him, and with him. Unequivocally, I can tell you it had nothing to do with drugs and alcohol, period. Once we get all the facts, we'll be able to realize what really happened. He's a good kid. He really is."

An affidavit by FBI Special Agent John Jimenez, which is part of the complaint, laid out these details:

On Wednesday, Wolfmeyer was with friends when Danton called her cell phone and asked whether she could help arrange a killing. He said a hired killer was en route from Canada to murder him over a debt, and he wanted that person killed first.

Wolfmeyer arranged for one of her friends, in Monroe County, to take a call from Danton early Thursday. Danton repeated the story and said he wanted her friend to intercept the killer at his apartment, at 1800 South Brentwood Boulevard, and make it look as if one burglar had killed another and fled after looting the place.

The friend suggested doing the killing elsewhere, but Danton insisted on the apartment. "I'll know it's taken care because when I come back, obviously I'll see him there," he was quoted as saying.

Danton wanted the crime to be committed as soon as possible, preferably that night.

After becoming convinced that Danton was serious, the friend called the FBI and consented to taping of phone conversations.

Wolfmeyer met the friend outside a North St. Louis County restaurant Thursday night, and they went together to the apartment, where a gate guard asked whom they were there to see. They told him Danton, and the guard called the apartment.

The intended target came to a second-floor rail and asked who they were. They decided to leave. Suspicious of the event, the man called police.

Danton later called to counsel Wolfmeyer and her friend about what to say about the visit if they were questioned by police.

FBI agents found $3,000 in cash in an unlocked safe in the apartment, matching what Danton had said would be there as down payment for the murder.

The hockey team's spokesman, Jim Woodcock, said late Friday: "It would be inappropriate for the Blues to comment on this matter and this time. This matter is in the hands of law enforcement officials and the judicial system."

U.S. Attorney Ronald J. Tenpas said he could not comment beyond the contents of the complaint.

A hearing in the case is tentatively scheduled for Monday in federal court in East St. Louis.

apparently you get a 19 year old girl to find one for you

but you gotta make sure its someone you trust or else theyll go to the FBI and screw you

do your homework and check their references people

Does anyone get a homoerotic subtext to all this? :der:

And what about the hired killer that was coming to kill him? What was that about?

It's the best hockey scandal ever. :up:

i really dont think it was homosexual, the fbi has said it wasnt

his agent seems pretty messed up, to read an article about him, go here http://www.sunmedia.ca/DunlopAwards/frost.html

he is apparently a cult like figure to young hockey players that will do whatever he said

once he came into dantons life danton grew further and further away from his family until he even changed his name from jefferson to danton. he hasnt spoken to his father in 6 years and so this guy is his mentor/father type figure to him.

now why did he want to have him killed, we shall see...

the intended "hitman" was a 19 year old dispatcher for a police station. doesnt seem smart to hire someone that works for the police to kill someone for you. they're all idiots i tell you. danton gets a 19 year old girl to find a hitman, and she picks someone ivolved in law enforecement...brilliant!

Pinball Wizard said:
yes, they truly are the lowest common denominator.
He didn't want to be associated with that "Movin' On Up" themesong from The Jeffersons :wink:

I though I read somewhere that the hitman was from Canada.

Back
Top Bottom