Blueberry Fool? martha , anyone from blueberry country?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I attended a children's birthday party yesterday ( my dear friend who has twice seen U2 in concert with me...we nearly lost her 7 years ago, she survived..a double celebration, her youngest was 7. She is off to see RHCP soon, I get to stay at her place.No internet, nice children and Rosie her dog who adores me :)I look forward to that. I'm taking "theLorax" and teaching them to play Rummyo)

Anyway, yesterday conversation turned to blueberies. The picking season is on her at the moment and a one woman has access to the seconds. She has been making muffins and jam and cordial(yum)...I suggested "a fool". I was sure I had seen that recipe in the USA section of my cook book. I've just looked now.It's not there.
I think I had the picture of the cranberry mousse in my mind. There is a blueberry grunt. I wish I had recalled that name yesterday. The girls would have ltao. They are all the posse that went to INXS and Russell Crowe's band "The Grunts"TOFOG with me.( Russell is doing a show in Austin Tx. soon. I reckon you would have a good night at his show. He goes a bit flat at times and get a bit serious, but so sincere.... that's so cute imho russelitis, lol.. His band is good, danni might be there.I'd go if I lived in Austin , that is 4sure, hang on, no I wouldn't, got to pay for INXS yet)

Anyway is there such a thing as a blueberry fool? I was hoping one of our Interference chefs such as martha may know. Anyone?I suppose I could look it up on the internet.

Actually musiclovers, speaking of which. The kind offers of sponsoring me here. too much,U are too kind. But it now seems the best thing is to change our server and only have a few hours a month access. I just can't do it myself. so if anyone who has my old email addy wants my new one, let me know. I'll have to check out how to set up a neat new name, a u2ey one.....something short...i hope. I also hope to go away for a while during the christmas holidays, so once again I won't have net access, except cafes. So don't waste the $$$ Elvis, as I said give the fee pass to one of the younuns. I'll join up when circumstances improve. I'll be heer till Dec1 and wil check in from time to time. I'll miss some of the the gazillion words you have here. You're biggering just left me behind, bu that's Ok . plenty to be doing.Thanks E.
short and sweet eh?
impossible.
great gosh almighty, I saw the INXS photgraphs yesterday. I shouldn't be allowed out. I think too many of you already have pics of me, so when U2 do get to our sunny shores I'll be the edjit somewhere up near the front with about, I'd say 5ish women with too many handbags and way too much to say, not whistling at the concert.

blueberry fool recipe? anyone?

this is the recipe i found on the internet:

Blueberry Fool

2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup chopped English walnuts
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, rinsed, drained and floured
Powdered sugar for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C). Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan; set aside.

Combine in a medium bowl the flour, baking soda and salt together; set aside.

Combine in a small bowl the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating until batter is smooth after each addition. Stir in sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Stir in flour mixture just until mixed, then fold in flour-dusted blueberries. Spread half of the batter into prepared baking pan.

Sprinkle sugar/nut mixture over batter and spread the remaining batter over the top. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack in pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.

Makes 12 servings.

thanks gals

I knew I could rely on your knowledge and help. Thanks

The woman with the blueberries mentioned Ice cream. At one time I had about 12 hens and so many eggs in summer, I was always looking for egg recipes.( I now have one white hen, she does nicely, I just buy extras when I need them, easier.)
So I'll swap you this recipe. It is not like store-bought stuff at all, it is a bit heavy. I have an old heart-shaped tin and like to make ice cream cakes sometimes for special occassions. Not for a long time though...I am going to try to get back to my old home-make every thing days. Something's got to give..
hey you two...:hug:

Oi martha, one of my singers...of course I did the "blueberry " songs yesterday. Not quite sure if we were thrilled or fools on the hill of blueberries. it is TOO obvious...I found my thrill one blueberry hill :lmao: good tucker anyway..

btw..roadtrip asap...in 6 mile bursts:combust: you're an inspiration :wave:

woops I forgot to cut and paste...here we go,

Ice Cream
Recommended for children as it contains no artifical flavouring preservatives or colours.

4 eggs
2 x 300ml carton cream
1 cup castor sugar

Seperate eggs. Beat egg whites gradually stirring in half cup of sugar until stiff.
Whip cream in an ice cream container with other half cup of sugar until it will not drop off the beaters.
Whip egg yolks with fork then add cream.
Add egg whites and beat together lightly
Freeze overnight
This keeps well, if allowed to.

enjoy :tongue: :dance: food

hmm I just noticed the browse function again...my pic from yesterday...you don't eat these, u just love 'em.

Attachments

• hbemunov02.jpg
    hbemunov02.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
as it turns out

my server operates from, the 12th of each month. I am paid up until Thursday. I just wantde to tie up a few loose ends.

Martha , even better than a web site...the REAL THING
a hard copy recipe book, called

"America the Majestic"
not only does it have traditional recipes organised state by state, it has very beautiful photographs, plus some history....what I call a "good score". I loveth second hand books!!! and baking and cooking...and eating!
Thnaks for your help over the time martha.
May your muffins always be fluffy and fresh and if it's your heart's desire, may you cavort down Echo Beach...( matha and the muffins joke...4U):hug: :kiss: :wave:

:larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: :heart: :yes:

from the typo queen to the muffin queen

not bad for a bunch of aussies...we're learning...yum

Attachments

• blueberryfestdec11-02012.jpg
    blueberryfestdec11-02012.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 28
Re: from the typo queen to the muffin queen

cass said:
not bad for a bunch of aussies...we're learning...yum

oh my gawd that looks good...:drool:

hi cass :wave:

2 of my best adulthood friends just turned 42(shhhh we're going to start lying about

...our age.
It was a blue berry kinda day. I don't think thsesa ctaully have official names..home made originals, the pie by a 14 year old boy.

One of the birthday girls was up at dawn, her daughter away at Uni on the internet, she on the phone...TRYING to get Rolling Stone tickets. They will be here in Oz in February. The tickets sold like HOT CAKES!! It has me concerned about what will happen when/if U2 decide to tour here. I am rather good at accepting things...but to miss out on U2!!! I ahve no idea how to go about pre-ordering and that kind of mallarky. I will just have to be very good and hope karma/the universe is favourable to me.
I am a bit concerned also...EVERYone at today's party said they wanted to come to U2 with me. I'm a bit of a loner, I get too uptight in a crowd and you can't exactly sneak up the front with 20 people in tow. Oh dear......**cass has another "it can kill you" rum.**The only Stones tickets left buy about 10 am were $395.My friend got 2 cancellations for Sydney next to the B-stage...she'll be in 7th Mick Jagger heaven. I keep telling them I only can go to U2...shite I hope they do actaully come to Oz.

I'm in story mode

Hi icelle..wish you were there...:wave:
they're a good bunch really...I sound like a bitch eh? but it could get bigger than ben hur and I want to hear every note and see every move...i just know the crew fidget and talk a lot and fuss with handbags and stuff.

Anyway my other story...Australia, some things about it make me:madspit: My Balinese friend ( the one who's mummy died from spontaneous human combustion when she was a little girl) has a baby due in a few days. Her sister has come over from Bali and she can only stay until december 23...no matter what. Those girls had 6 people from their village blown to smithereens in the recent bombing. if they were white westerners, i reckon they'd roll out the red carpet for them, bend some rules. I think it sucks.If the baby goes overdue she may not even be here to meet her new neice( we all want it to be a girl). I'm just miffed on their behalf. i thought other tourists go wandering about for months..I don't know how it works. they have tried to get an extension..but have been refused.
I am pleased I can understand them better now. One little boy had a perspex glitter wand he was playing with. I taught him to say" abracadbra"( he is so serious, they think he is his reincarnated grandfather) and to make a wish. i asked do you want a bike?...no reaction.
i asked do you want to go to Bali? big reaction:yes: almost a smile.
can I come too?:yes: will we go swimming at the beach:yes: :yes: :yes: I'm in the mood for posting....my new "travel companion"

Attachments

• girlsdec11-02.jpg
    girlsdec11-02.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 12
you've been posting again..I met a baby girl called isobel today

and that little girl up there is called Faith Erin...isn't that the prettiest name? we didn't think she would be able to walk....now she runs!!!
I've got the urge to stay up till midnight posting pics...but I won't
just the odd one or two...here goes

any Bowie fans?now if he tours....would I spend my u2 $$$? would I get a ticket? I'm not being good, so probably not.
I totally loved Bowie in my teenage years. My space Oddity record is missing:sad: but I still have my scrapbook

I think I'm off to hell for typos...sowwy :mac:
cat balou..."welcome to hell parson" lee marvin:lol:

Attachments

• ziggystardust4u.jpg
    ziggystardust4u.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I know I'm talking to myself...again

but this is a rather incredible web site...so many possibilities eh?
:larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: :up:not a bad little 4 piece band.

:bow: :dance: :flirt: :combust: I:heart: U2

"my" pentax SLR has died.I'm in mourning. I got the cheapest digital you can buy, it doesn't like low light situations, but crikes I have snagged some good shots with it. I am a nostalgic fool so i love my photo file.
Tomorrow i am sneaking into hub's workplace to use the scanner while there is a staff meeting"I'm not here, this is not really happening" I have brought home my mum's photos albums to save all the old family photos onto disk. i have only just seen a photo of my mother's mother. She died when mum was only just 2 years old, having mum's little sister . I thought her grandmother was her mother.I have to drag the family history out of my mum. She pretends to be tough...but she's not!! none of us are I suppose. So I have quite a project to pursue. It is important to me at least to get it all archived chronologically.You should see her wedding photo to her irish boy, she was so young and beautiful. I found a guitar thumb pick the other day. she casually said that belonged to him. He died when he was only about 23ish,suddenly brain tumour. I didn't know he played guitar, she said he was very good at it too. my nephew , his grandson, should have that pick...I'm on a mission.

anyway , here she is, age 71 going on 41. A survivor and fine example of getting on with it.I like the reflection, both of her and the trees....pensive. alone, mum.

I do think this may be it................edited for typos...again
sweet bird although you did not see me I saw you green peace PS: my son played his music exam piece today.."sea prelude" he has good taste. his teacher brought home a music book from switzerland apparently. He said stuck in a moment is turned into a classical piece and SO hard to play, the vocal has been transcribed somehow. His musical knowledge is WAY beyond me know...proud mum, still.....my beating heart

Attachments

• lilyof thelakedec2002.jpg
    lilyof thelakedec2002.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom