Blubberhouses, Yorkshire, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*collapses laughing for reasons only in my head* :lmao: Just ignore me guys...

My philosophy is that since food's purpose is to be eaten, it needs to take more active steps in this direction to achieve its goal rather than expecting me to do everything.

Food is a lazy piece of shit that expects us to do everything.
:tsk: Shame, shame.

Oh cool. I actually remember that thread. I believe it was you and the Tourist who had the majority of the whorish posts in that one. Good stuff.

Yeah, Andrew and I were the highest posters there. Though I just consulted the stats spreadsheet and Ian was a very close third to me, and Vazza posted heavily too.

OK people, I'd like some help with the revision of the original purity test. One problem I find with the original test is there is an over-emphasis on sex. Sex isn't the only kind of debauchery, and especially with the Aussie contingent here, I'm sure we can attest to the vices virtues of drinking. So I'm trying to flesh out the section on drink and drugs (and a couple of other non-sex things work their way in here). Tell me what you think of these questions, and what should be added:

65. smoked tobacco?
66. smoked pot or hashish?
67. abused legal medication?
68. used cocaine or speed?
69. used LSD, PCP, Ecstacy, heroin, or mushrooms?
70 .used four or more recreational drugs in one night?
71. grown or produced illegal substances?
72. been arrested?
73. been convicted of a crime?
74. got a tattoo and/or piercing, excluding standard ear piercings?
75. had an alcoholic drink?
76. tried at least five different kinds of alcoholic drinks?
77. been drunk?
78. … before 5pm?
79. had a hangover?
80. used alcohol to lower an MOS's resistance?
81. lost consciousness due to drinking?

If you need some help comin up with more questions about drinking, well then I might be your man.

Unfortunately, though, a good amount of my drinking experience centers around stereotypical American college drinking activities.

Some questions could be...

taken a shot of alcohol?
drank more than 6 beers in one night?
drank more than 12 beers in one night?
drank beer from a keg?
tapped a keg?
done a keg-stand?
done a beer bong/shotgunned a beer?
played a game of competitive alcohol drinking?
vomited due to alcohol consumption?
vomited in a public place due to alcohol consumption?
passed out in public due to alcohol consumption?

I don't know if these are good at all...just throwin 'em out there.

*is anyway* What's so funny? :hmm:
I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but...

iTunes started playing Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself". You know what that song's about, right? Well, if not, I'll give you a hint. Think "Longview". Anyway, the lyrics go something about a "mirror's reflection"...and my random-ass brain...pictured a certain lazy Irish drummer, standing nude in front of a mirror, dancing with himself to the song. Singing along, too.

That was probably oversharing. But my mind cannot be trusted when it doesn't have enough sleep.

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but...

iTunes started playing Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself". You know what that song's about, right? Well, if not, I'll give you a hint. Think "Longview". Anyway, the lyrics go something about a "mirror's reflection"...and my random-ass brain...pictured a certain lazy Irish drummer, standing nude in front of a mirror, dancing with himself to the song. Singing along, too.

That was probably oversharing. But my mind cannot be trusted when it doesn't have enough sleep.
I can't decide...whether to laugh my arse off or be scarred for life.

If you need some help comin up with more questions about drinking, well then I might be your man.

Unfortunately, though, a good amount of my drinking experience centers around stereotypical American college drinking activities.

Some questions could be...

taken a shot of alcohol?
drank more than 6 beers in one night?
drank more than 12 beers in one night?
drank beer from a keg?
tapped a keg?
done a keg-stand?
played a game of competitive alcohol drinking?
vomited due to alcohol consumption?
vomited in a public place due to alcohol consumption?
passed out in public due to alcohol consumption?

I don't know if these are good at all...just throwin 'em out there.

Ooh, some of those are really good. Competitive drinking, vomiting, and passing out in public are absolutely in. Must admit I'm entirely unfamiliar with the meaning of these three, though:

tapped a keg?
done a keg-stand?

I'm not so sure if we should do beer-specific questions, though, simply because we could then probably come up with a range of specific questions for all kinds of alcohols (I could do a number of wine snob questions) and overwhelm the test. Things that are general and can be applied to any alcoholic consumption, whether the person is a beer or a wine or a rum or a whatever drinker strike me as preferable.

Incidentally, I've just added this one of my own:

- bought alcohol underage, or been served alcohol at a licenced establishment while underage?

I apologise. Hopefully, that's the only random thing it does this morning.

Oh, no, scaring and scarring Superthreaders is a time-honoured tradition. Though personally, I'd prefer ... not that drum-playing individual to be involved in the process. :wink:

Oh, no, scaring and scarring Superthreaders is a time-honoured tradition. Though personally, I'd prefer ... not that drum-playing individual to be involved in the process. :wink:
yeah, me either. I was reading the Larry bashing and the two combined into a terrible mental image.

yeah, me either. I was reading the Larry bashing and the two combined into a terrible mental image.

You should've been reading the posts earlier in this thread featuring photos of actresses. That would have created a far more acceptable mental image to overshare and scar us with. :wink:

You should've been reading the posts earlier in this thread featuring photos of actresses. That would have created a far more acceptable mental image to overshare and scar us with. :wink:
I did! Damn it.

ooh, now i have Scarlett on the brain. Thanks, Ax!

Was that before or after you and Ian started posting your plane/train pics?

Ooh, some of those are really good. Competitive drinking, vomiting, and passing out in public are absolutely in. Must admit I'm entirely unfamiliar with the meaning of these three, though:

tapped a keg?
done a keg-stand?

I'm not so sure if we should do beer-specific questions, though, simply because we could then probably come up with a range of specific questions for all kinds of alcohols (I could do a number of wine snob questions) and overwhelm the test. Things that are general and can be applied to any alcoholic consumption, whether the person is a beer or a wine or a rum or a whatever drinker strike me as preferable.

Incidentally, I've just added this one of my own:

- bought alcohol underage, or been served alcohol at a licenced establishment while underage?

Yes the underage one is good.

They don't have keg stands or beer-bongs down in Australia/New Zealand?

With a keg-stand you get your friends to literally hold you up by the legs and you put one of your hands on the rim of the keg for balance and the other hand is used to put the spout of the keg to your mouth where you then proceed to, while upside down, drink as much beer from the keg as you can before you give up. It's a very common practice at our Universities over here.

Here's a crude picture I found on Google of a girl doing a keg-stand:

girl-keg-stand.jpg

A beer-bong is this (another random picture off of Google):

beerbong1jenn.jpg

Shotgunning a beer involves piercing a hole in the side of a beer-can and trying to pour the beer down your throat as quickly as possible.

They don't have keg stands or beer-bongs down in Australia/New Zealand?

With a keg-stand you get your friends to literally hold you up by the legs and you put one of your hands on the rim of the keg for balance and the other hand is used to put the spout of the keg to your mouth where you then proceed to, while upside down, drink as much beer from the keg as you can before you give up. It's a very common practice at our Universities over here.

In all likelihood, we do - but I don't drink beer, and have no knowledge of beer-drinking culture. That keg stand sounds and looks insane! :laugh: I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of my friends back up in Queensland have done something like that. Thanks for the explantion. See, my alcohol of choice is wine. While I wouldn't be able to answer the keg-stand and shotgunning questions in the affirmative, I could certainly answer the following:

- participated in competitive blind wine tasting?
- are able to identify blind the variety, vintage, and region of a wine with some accuracy?
- drunk wine from the barrel pre-bottling?
- actively match wines and cheeses?

Blame my father ...

What about questions to do with shots of liquor?

My personal preference is to stick to questions that are applicable to any alcohol - and, well, nobody's doing shots of wine.

But then if I'm outvoted on the matter, I'm happy to add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom