Blubberhouses, Yorkshire, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, don't think I bothered buying that single. That and Mysterious Ways with its 48 fucking remixes.

Now that I've caught up iwth the beginning of the thread and all those Brooce pictures, I'm out. Night folks :wave:

The MW single was completely fucking worthless. I feel sorry for anyone who bought it.

Have a good night! :wave:

I think, Ax, that you have to hear other versions of Night and Day to come to a realisation why U2's version isn't that great. It could have been better. It goes too long, things are missed out on and Bono pointlessly changes a few of Cole Porter's lyrics - isn't that a sin? I may have said that before. But I have no problem if someone likes earlier versions and U2's as well, of course. I'm not Screwtape.

Don't suppose you or anyone else would like to send me some definitive Night And Day? I'd like to hear it. And yeah, you've ranted before about Bono altering Cole Porter's lyrics - not being someone who knows much about Porter, let alone has any attachment, I can't say it evokes an emotional response from me like it does from you.

I think, Ax, that you have to hear other versions of Night and Day to come to a realisation why U2's version isn't that great. It could have been better. It goes too long, things are missed out on and Bono pointlessly changes a few of Cole Porter's lyrics - isn't that a sin? I may have said that before. But I have no problem if someone likes earlier versions and U2's as well, of course. I'm not Screwtape.
Bono's voice is better suited for something like this. These two other covers, no. And if he'd been the one trying to snarl like Johnny Rotten on "Anarchy In The USA," U2 would've lost a fan. I'm not kidding.

Bono's voice is better suited for something like this. These two other covers, no. And if he'd been the one trying to snarl like Johnny Rotten on "Anarchy In The USA," U2 would've lost a fan. I'm not kidding.

Is it wrong that I want U2 to perform Anarchy In The USA live at least once just because I think it would bring the lulz in so many ways?

Is it wrong that I want U2 to perform Anarchy In The USA live at least once just because I think it would bring the lulz in so many ways?
:hmm: I'll allow it. IF Larry will do the Sid Vicious thing. You know, take a razor or broken bottle or whatever and gouge his chest with it, then play as it bleeds, shirtless.

:hmm: I'll allow it. IF Larry will do the Sid Vicious thing. You know, take a razor or broken bottle or whatever and gouge his chest with it, then play as it bleeds, shirtless.

Then maybe he'll have to go to hospital and his tech, who I'm sure is much more talented, will have to play for him. :up:

Night BEG, fellow Adelaidean! :wave:

Don't suppose you or anyone else would like to send me some definitive Night And Day? I'd like to hear it. And yeah, you've ranted before about Bono altering Cole Porter's lyrics - not being someone who knows much about Porter, let alone has any attachment, I can't say it evokes an emotional response from me like it does from you.

I would upload some, but my internet is pretty bad with downloading and uploading right now, something to do with the monthly bandwidth. In a couple of days, once August settles in and my provider sorts shit out, I'll do it. :up:

I would upload some, but my internet is pretty bad with downloading and uploading right now, something to do with the monthly bandwidth. In a couple of days, once August settles in and my provider sorts shit out, I'll do it. :up:

Whenever's good with you is cool, thanks. :up:

Then maybe he'll have to go to hospital and his tech, who I'm sure is much more talented, will have to play for him. :up:
Ooh, yes. :up: We don't have to worry about Adam, cause, come on, Sid Vicious. Even Adam's better than Sid Vicious. Edge can make a guitar scream, so I'm not worried about him not sounding like Steve Jones. But Bono...as long as he DOESN'T try to snarl like Johnny Rotten, it'll bring lulz. If he does, I think the audience might just walk out. I know I would.

Morning Sis! We're cementing the fact that U2 is a shit cover band. come join us.

Hey Serena! :wave:

Ooh, yes. :up: We don't have to worry about Adam, cause, come on, Sid Vicious. Even Adam's better than Sid Vicious. Edge can make a guitar scream, so I'm not worried about him not sounding like Steve Jones. But Bono...as long as he DOESN'T try to snarl like Johnny Rotten, it'll bring lulz. If he does, I think the audience might just walk out. I know I would.

If Bono did try to snarl like Johnny Rotten, I wouldn't be able to walk out. I'd laugh so hard that I'd collapse.

Hey Serena! :wave:

If Bono did try to snarl like Johnny Rotten, I wouldn't be able to walk out. I'd laugh so hard that I'd collapse.
On second thought, yeah me too. They should sell Depends at the merch stands. Just in case of any accidents or anything. Non-existent God knows I'll be pissing myself laughing.

OK people, I'd like some help with the revision of the original purity test. One problem I find with the original test is there is an over-emphasis on sex. Sex isn't the only kind of debauchery, and especially with the Aussie contingent here, I'm sure we can attest to the vices virtues of drinking. So I'm trying to flesh out the section on drink and drugs (and a couple of other non-sex things work their way in here). Tell me what you think of these questions, and what should be added:

65. smoked tobacco?
66. smoked pot or hashish?
67. abused legal medication?
68. used cocaine or speed?
69. used LSD, PCP, Ecstacy, heroin, or mushrooms?
70 .used four or more recreational drugs in one night?
71. grown or produced illegal substances?
72. been arrested?
73. been convicted of a crime?
74. got a tattoo and/or piercing, excluding standard ear piercings?
75. had an alcoholic drink?
76. tried at least five different kinds of alcoholic drinks?
77. been drunk?
78. … before 5pm?
79. had a hangover?
80. used alcohol to lower an MOS's resistance?
81. lost consciousness due to drinking?

Oh by the way, I feel the need to share.

Axver poisoned my dream last night!

I dreamt that I went on some vacation, I don't even know WHERE to and I met up with Ax and we went around town to watch trains go by.

Sorry guys, I was outside watching a catfight.

Now I know where my neighbour's cat got some horrible scars. He's such a softie with people, though. :cute:

Oh by the way, I feel the need to share.

Axver poisoned my dream last night!

I dreamt that I went on some vacation, I don't even know WHERE to and I met up with Ax and we went around town to watch trains go by.

My campaign to poison dreams worldwide rolls on. In this case, literally, with flanged wheels on rail. :up:

My campaign to poison dreams worldwide rolls on. In this case, literally, with flanged wheels on rail. :up:
I had another interference dream last night. Don't remember anything other than the image of Axver in a green wizard's costume.

:laugh:

Actually, we're just vaguely returning to the original topic of our first thread, Pop Survivor Round One. :wink:

Oh cool. I actually remember that thread. I believe it was you and the Tourist who had the majority of the whorish posts in that one. Good stuff.

Pretty good, tired as all hell.
Thinking how nice it'd be if you worked out a way for food to cook itself.

My philosophy is that since food's purpose is to be eaten, it needs to take more active steps in this direction to achieve its goal rather than expecting me to do everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom