Blubberhouses, Yorkshire, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
img_6543.jpg

:drool: :drool:

These are awesome, Anna. :drool:

God, I love steam trains. Need to head to one of the preservation societies one day to get some photos of them as I have barely any in the collection.

That night was great, actually. We started at ODs until it closed, and they started all this when they decided we'd walk to Panthers... And I'd start the moonwalking there. All was fine until a taxi thankfully picked me up 30 metres down the road and drove me the rest of the way :lol: Then the teenage bar upstairs where they had cheap cruisers or something played Billie Jean and it was all over. People stopped and everything. I'd have died if I was sober enough to give a shit.

We've got some interesting memories of Panthers.
:hmm:
:lol:

I don't have quite as interesting stories, but I was a goth for a bit. A goth that liked to run around, drink too much cider, laugh a lot, and dance like a loon all night and all my black eye make up would run and I would strip off 15 layers of black clothing till the last layer. I didn't make a very good goth.

If you head up to Sydney one day, give me about a month or 2 of notice and I can try and tee up an 'encounter' with the kind-of uncle. He's only on 1 Wednesday a month or something. As you can imagine, they don't take the trains out often and you essentially have to wait for someone to die to get a job there and once employed, no one takes sickies or anything. My uncle type is pretty good. He'll get you right up the front and patiently answer the same 100 questions everyone asks.
"How much coal do you use on a day?"
"How many hours ahead do you need to start the fire?"
"Can I have a job here?"

Well, you'd have a different lot of questions, but it's an awesome day. The trip down the railway is exceptional.

i am debating whether to go to mitrovica which has had the most violence since independence. but it's a qquick bus trip in and out.

I'm really keen on that loco. Thanks for posting! :up:

The yard has 7 or 8 working ones and they're repairing god knows how many others. They're mostly all old dudes with trade backgrounds who are close to or retired, and they restore them to working order. I grew up so close to the ZigZag and had no idea how great it was until I went there in '07.

:lol:

I don't have quite as interesting stories, but I was a goth for a bit. A goth that liked to run around, drink too much cider, laugh a lot, and dance like a loon all night and all my black eye make up would run and I would strip off 15 layers of black clothing till the last layer. I didn't make a very good goth.

Goth?? :lmao: No way....

Cider :drool:

What in particular is confusing that you need to know?
the two links below the skopje-thesaloniki schedule (ha, neither is in kosovo or passes through) allegedly hve schedules for skopje-prishtina and prishtina-peja. (there is no train to prizren??) but i can't understand them. doesn't help that this computer is missing a few plugins.

If you head up to Sydney one day, give me about a month or 2 of notice and I can try and tee up an 'encounter' with the kind-of uncle. He's only on 1 Wednesday a month or something. As you can imagine, they don't take the trains out often and you essentially have to wait for someone to die to get a job there and once employed, no one takes sickies or anything. My uncle type is pretty good. He'll get you right up the front and patiently answer the same 100 questions everyone asks.
"How much coal do you use on a day?"
"How many hours ahead do you need to start the fire?"
"Can I have a job here?"

Well, you'd have a different lot of questions, but it's an awesome day. The trip down the railway is exceptional.

Be right back, planning trip to Sydney ... :drool:

the two links below the skopje-thesaloniki schedule (ha, neither is in kosovo or passes through) allegedly hve schedules for skopje-prishtina and prishtina-peja. (there is no train to prizren??) but i can't understand them. doesn't help that this computer is missing a few plugins.

OK, I think I get them. What do you want to know specifically? Ask on AIM if you would rather not throw your proposed transport schedule around on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom