Blubberhouses, Yorkshire, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Porcupine Tree's SW likes his transport disasters.

What Happens Now:
Well I could be boarding an aircraft
With a bomb concealed in somebody's briefcase
My body would spread through the heavens, across the sky
My ashes would fall through the cloudburst
What happens now?

Trains:
A sixty tonne angel falls to the earth
A pile of old metal, a radiant blur
Scars in the country ...

Another VLo, this time crawling into North Melbourne with the under-construction-and-taking-far-too-long-FFS southern footbridge prominent. I like the composition of this, both with the footbridge and the person sitting down at right.

s640x480

Seems Porcupine Tree's SW likes his transport disasters.

What Happens Now:
Well I could be boarding an aircraft
With a bomb concealed in somebody's briefcase
My body would spread through the heavens, across the sky
My ashes would fall through the cloudburst
What happens now?

Trains:
A sixty tonne angel falls to the earth
A pile of old metal, a radiant blur
Scars in the country ...

OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE

Another VLo, this time crawling into North Melbourne with the under-construction-and-taking-far-too-long-FFS southern footbridge prominent. I like the composition of this, both with the footbridge and the person sitting down at right.

s640x480

Yeah, I really like that retro look and the shot overall.

Is the footbridge running late, or just taking forever?

Also at North Melbourne, a Comeng behind a signal. Much has changed since the days of semaphore signalling ...

s640x480

Yeah, I really like that retro look and the shot overall.

Is the footbridge running late, or just taking forever?

Yeah, I think the VLos have a sweet look, and they've just announced an order for nine more of them. About time. It really won't help much with overcrowding, but it's SOMETHING.

The footbridge is on the most ridiculous timetable. I think it's not meant to open until 2010. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO BUILD A FUCKING FOOTBRIDGE?

IMG_1900.jpg

Something appearing from the mist.............

I fucking love those two streetlights. They frame everything coming in, and sometimes provide a really cool shot. Like this one.

Oh, now that's a fantastic shot. :up:

Yeah, I think the VLos have a sweet look, and they've just announced an order for nine more of them. About time. It really won't help much with overcrowding, but it's SOMETHING.

The footbridge is on the most ridiculous timetable. I think it's not meant to open until 2010. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO BUILD A FUCKING FOOTBRIDGE?

I love a lack of action on overcrowding. Unsurprisingly, Auckland buses are getting busier and busier (when often they were already at capacity last year), and my bus company is "considering" putting more buses on the route.

Don't consider it. Go to the public transport board or whoever the fuck they are and demand more fucking buses!

And 2010? What the fuck? They're building a stadium in Melbourne in the same time frame!

Bet you haven't seen this neat little signalbox just south of Newmarket station, Ian. :wink:

Probably because this is Melbourne's Newmarket, though. I can also tell you all about the "new" market that gave the suburb its name, operated for 126 years, and is now closed and converted into housing.

s640x480

Bet you haven't seen this neat little signalbox just south of Newmarket station, Ian. :wink:

Probably because this is Melbourne's Newmarket, though. I can also tell you all about the "new" market that gave the suburb its name, operated for 126 years, and is now closed and converted into housing.

s640x480

I haven't, I wonde......Oh, I see what you did there!

Cool little building.

I love a lack of action on overcrowding. Unsurprisingly, Auckland buses are getting busier and busier (when often they were already at capacity last year), and my bus company is "considering" putting more buses on the route.

Don't consider it. Go to the public transport board or whoever the fuck they are and demand more fucking buses!

And 2010? What the fuck? They're building a stadium in Melbourne in the same time frame!

Oh god, I love that "consideration" they do, and all the feasibility studies. I've noticed that in Melbourne, there's a tendency for the reports to give utterly INSANE costs in the hundreds of millions of dollars for railway extensions that shouldn't be more than $30 million. How? Because they hide all kinds of OTHER stuff in the costs, like upgrades to the rest of the network, and pass it off as only being required by the new line. So then the politicians can claim the new line is outrageously too expensive - and then neither the line, nor the upgrades that are needed ANYWAY get done. Idiots.

Yeah, how on earth can it take over two years to build a footbridge from street level to four platform areas? For god's sake! Are they only working one day a week or something? I never see many workmen about ...

s640x480

That's awesome! Signal boxes! I forgot about them. There's one on the mountains line up here, at Blackheath. Actually, Blackheath has a crossing as well!! And it's on the way to Lithgow, where the steamies live. I never mentioned this before, but for the husband's 30th I took him up to Lithgow for the day and he got to drive one. My sort-of uncle has spent about 362 years studying them and he's... well, an older version of you, Ax. He let Mat chuck in some coal (they all let Mat do the coal to save them, actually :lol: ), he played with the whistle, did the steam thing and all sorts of jazz. I wonder where the pics are...

PICSPAM TIME!!!!!

That's awesome! Signal boxes! I forgot about them. There's one on the mountains line up here, at Blackheath. Actually, Blackheath has a crossing as well!! And it's on the way to Lithgow, where the steamies live. I never mentioned this before, but for the husband's 30th I took him up to Lithgow for the day and he got to drive one. My sort-of uncle has spent about 362 years studying them and he's... well, an older version of you, Ax. He let Mat chuck in some coal (they all let Mat do the coal to save them, actually :lol: ), he played with the whistle, did the steam thing and all sorts of jazz. I wonder where the pics are...

PICSPAM TIME!!!!!

:laugh: Wow, that's awesome. I'd love to do something like that, but it seems all the "drive a steam train" things down here simply cost far too much for me to even contemplate doing it. I should find a convenient society to volunteer at and get to do it that way ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom