Blubberhouses, Yorkshire, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Get Smart in it's first showing at the local cinemas and it was fun. I saw it on a Saturday night at the local cinemas with a near full house, and it was fucking brilliant.

It was pretty vacant when I went to see it, but I still enjoyed that more than I thought I would. Hathaway has her moments and she had plenty of them in that movie. She and Carell had some great chemistry and Alan Arkin kicked ass as The Chief.

Scarlett-Johansson-Sexy-Hot-Screensaver.jpg
swoon.gif

I can so cope with that.

Well.....maybe. I do enjoy the really cold though.

Picture this.

It's 9:00 AM. You have a boring sociology lecture (and you have a midterm the following day, so you don't want to skip it). There is a metre and a half of snow outside, but the ploughs haven't been through yet. So you beat a path out for yourself and somehow manage to stagger to the bus stop. Then the wind picks up, driving ice pellets FROM HELL into your face. It also brings the temperature down to -35C. You wait forever for the bus to arrive. It's twenty minutes late (as I said, the ploughs haven't been through.) You arrive at uni half an hour later, only to find that morning lectures have been cancelled, due to the weather.

Still think you can cope? :wink:

Picture this.

It's 9:00 AM. You have a boring sociology lecture (and you have a midterm the following day, so you don't want to skip it). There is a metre and a half of snow outside, but the ploughs haven't been through yet. So you beat a path out for yourself and somehow manage to stagger to the bus stop. Then the wind picks up, driving ice pellets FROM HELL into your face. It also brings the temperature down to -35C. You wait forever for the bus to arrive. It's twenty minutes late (as I said, the ploughs haven't been through.) You arrive at uni half an hour later, only to find that morning lectures have been cancelled, due to the weather.

Were there any tracks in the snow behind you?

Picture this.

I love it when that happens to me! Except when it happens to me in Texas it's a lot different then when it happens in Indiana. For instance the above scenario would happen in Indiana.

In Texas, you could probably still see the grass peaking through the snow when they'd cancel classes.

It was pretty vacant when I went to see it, but I still enjoyed that more than I thought I would. Hathaway has her moments and she had plenty of them in that movie. She and Carell had some great chemistry and Alan Arkin kicked ass as The Chief.

I think it could have benefited from a longer running time, to flesh it out. A lot of the plot felt.....contrived wouldn't be the right word, but too easily glossed over.

The though of a sequel wouldn't disappoint me.

Picture this.

Sounds better than summer in Melbourne. 41C some days. :crack:

Picture this.

Is it uphill both ways?

I think it could have benefited from a longer running time, to flesh it out. A lot of the plot felt.....contrived wouldn't be the right word, but too easily glossed over.

The though of a sequel wouldn't disappoint me.

It wasn't funny enough to be a great comedy or thrilling enough to be a great action flick... tonally, it didn't work for me. Carell's a bumbling goof, yet he can still kill Russians pretty easily. The script wasn't too good, like you said, but once they started the mission, it got pretty enjoyable. Bill Murray's cameo didn't hurt.

If they got new screenwriters, which I doubt would happen, I'd be down with a sequel. It's open, but if it's meh, then why go for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom