Blubberhouses, Yorkshire, England Superthread - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #721
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
Ah, don't think I bothered buying that single. That and Mysterious Ways with its 48 fucking remixes.

Now that I've caught up iwth the beginning of the thread and all those Brooce pictures, I'm out. Night folks
The MW single was completely fucking worthless. I feel sorry for anyone who bought it.

Have a good night!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #722
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I think, Ax, that you have to hear other versions of Night and Day to come to a realisation why U2's version isn't that great. It could have been better. It goes too long, things are missed out on and Bono pointlessly changes a few of Cole Porter's lyrics - isn't that a sin? I may have said that before. But I have no problem if someone likes earlier versions and U2's as well, of course. I'm not Screwtape.
Don't suppose you or anyone else would like to send me some definitive Night And Day? I'd like to hear it. And yeah, you've ranted before about Bono altering Cole Porter's lyrics - not being someone who knows much about Porter, let alone has any attachment, I can't say it evokes an emotional response from me like it does from you.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #723
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
I think, Ax, that you have to hear other versions of Night and Day to come to a realisation why U2's version isn't that great. It could have been better. It goes too long, things are missed out on and Bono pointlessly changes a few of Cole Porter's lyrics - isn't that a sin? I may have said that before. But I have no problem if someone likes earlier versions and U2's as well, of course. I'm not Screwtape.
Bono's voice is better suited for something like this. These two other covers, no. And if he'd been the one trying to snarl like Johnny Rotten on "Anarchy In The USA," U2 would've lost a fan. I'm not kidding.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #724
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
Bono's voice is better suited for something like this. These two other covers, no. And if he'd been the one trying to snarl like Johnny Rotten on "Anarchy In The USA," U2 would've lost a fan. I'm not kidding.
Is it wrong that I want U2 to perform Anarchy In The USA live at least once just because I think it would bring the lulz in so many ways?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #725
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Is it wrong that I want U2 to perform Anarchy In The USA live at least once just because I think it would bring the lulz in so many ways?
I'll allow it. IF Larry will do the Sid Vicious thing. You know, take a razor or broken bottle or whatever and gouge his chest with it, then play as it bleeds, shirtless.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #726
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'll allow it. IF Larry will do the Sid Vicious thing. You know, take a razor or broken bottle or whatever and gouge his chest with it, then play as it bleeds, shirtless.
Then maybe he'll have to go to hospital and his tech, who I'm sure is much more talented, will have to play for him.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #727
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:19 PM
Night BEG, fellow Adelaidean!

Quote:
Don't suppose you or anyone else would like to send me some definitive Night And Day? I'd like to hear it. And yeah, you've ranted before about Bono altering Cole Porter's lyrics - not being someone who knows much about Porter, let alone has any attachment, I can't say it evokes an emotional response from me like it does from you.
I would upload some, but my internet is pretty bad with downloading and uploading right now, something to do with the monthly bandwidth. In a couple of days, once August settles in and my provider sorts shit out, I'll do it.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #728
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I would upload some, but my internet is pretty bad with downloading and uploading right now, something to do with the monthly bandwidth. In a couple of days, once August settles in and my provider sorts shit out, I'll do it.
Whenever's good with you is cool, thanks.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #729
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Then maybe he'll have to go to hospital and his tech, who I'm sure is much more talented, will have to play for him.
Ooh, yes. We don't have to worry about Adam, cause, come on, Sid Vicious. Even Adam's better than Sid Vicious. Edge can make a guitar scream, so I'm not worried about him not sounding like Steve Jones. But Bono...as long as he DOESN'T try to snarl like Johnny Rotten, it'll bring lulz. If he does, I think the audience might just walk out. I know I would.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #730
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:49 AM
Morning.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #731
Blue Crack Addict

Morning Sis! We're cementing the fact that U2 is a shit cover band. come join us.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #732
Vocal parasite

Hey Serena!

Quote:
Ooh, yes. We don't have to worry about Adam, cause, come on, Sid Vicious. Even Adam's better than Sid Vicious. Edge can make a guitar scream, so I'm not worried about him not sounding like Steve Jones. But Bono...as long as he DOESN'T try to snarl like Johnny Rotten, it'll bring lulz. If he does, I think the audience might just walk out. I know I would.
If Bono did try to snarl like Johnny Rotten, I wouldn't be able to walk out. I'd laugh so hard that I'd collapse.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #733
Blue Crack Addict

I missed this post yesterday amidst all the Larry bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Keith Moon = greatest drummer of all-time.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #734
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Morning Sis! We're cementing the fact that U2 is a shit cover band. come join us.
Oh god. U2 and covers. Very shit.
They speak the truth when they say they're no good at it...

SO STOP DOING IT. YOU'RE EMBARRASSING YOURSELVES.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #735
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Hey Serena!
Hey Axver!
How goes it?

Tags
superthread