Blubberhouses, Yorkshire, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a good night, Chass. Hope your dreams stay poisoned. :wave:

: peeks in Chass's wardrobe :

How can such a lively thread now be so dead?

There is always a solution.

s640x480

I've got a picture uploading now that I'm fairly proud of. Shame my Internet's crawling on the uploads tonight.

Ah fuck. I forgot to change the blown light bulb in the lounge today. Now it's too dark for me to see well enough to change it. Guess it'll be another evening by lamplight.

They could save money by cutting down on admin staff.

They could improve customer goodwill by not charging outrageous markups.

They could improve the whole fucking planet if they stopped using and building more bloody coal-fuelled power plants in the LaTrobe Valley. It's not as if we're short on viable alternatives to LaTrobe coal plants.

It's got.....a......certain kind of charm? The charm of a cardboard box, maybe?

:laugh: I must admit, every time I've been through, I've been fairly impressed with how clean it is for an unstaffed station. You'd think it'd be all covered in graffiti, especially since it's in such a dull, poorly trafficked spot beneath the Tullamarine Freeway, but I guess it really does benefit from being in a commercial/light industrial area where nobody lives and everybody buggers off home after about 5-6pm.

I'm not sure if this is blurred or not. I can't remember.

I know that dusk photography in cloudy conditions isn't for me.

IMG_2151.jpg

Looks good to me, but trusting my eyes probably isn't smart.

And god, photographing on cloudy days gives the must dull backgrounds, doesn't it? It's why I haven't been out photographing much lately.

OK, time to polish off the short series with S 311 and Friends at the Creek Sidings.

Here it is side-on, with a bunch of bogies and stuff in the foreground and the Southern Star Observation Wheel in the background.

s640x480

And the last of the five pictures: this is at the southern end of the sidings and I think it looks rather quaint, like a scene from a couple of decades ago.

s640x480

Looks good to me, but trusting my eyes probably isn't smart.

And god, photographing on cloudy days gives the must dull backgrounds, doesn't it? It's why I haven't been out photographing much lately.

It's actually come up rather well.

If I could get more into the background of airport photos, I'd be more inclined to go out on cloudy days...and sunny days are so few and far between.

I clearly took this photo with you in mind, Ian. What a fucking dull day the 4th of June was!

s640x480

There's a lot of cool spots in Wellington. I see great photos from there....it's just, when I'm in Wellington I tend to be doing other stuff.

Perhaps I should pick a day to hang around the airport there.

I presume that if you've got a good enough zoom, somewhere from the nearby hills would be absolutely ideal for photography.

Next time I go back, I'm hoping to get some time for some quality trainspotting. I have too few photos of Kiwi trains. What makes it a bit tedious is that the train frequency in Wellington isn't what it is here and I don't have anybody to go railfanning with there. Might have to get more active on the Kiwi railway mailing lists and find someone to meet up with.

Cool shot! It looks like a typical midwinter day....particularly uninspiring.

Heh, thanks. It was such a dull day that my camera fogged up and a few shots that should be awesome are totally blurred and worthless. It's not even the kind of fogging up that produces an eerie effect.

And although they aren't uploaded now, sometime soon watch out for pictures with the Telstra Dome in the background all over the show. I just reviewed them now and there's some sweet shots. Will probably take some time to upload, though.

I like the reflection of the Comeng on the side of the Hitachi set in this photo.

s640x480

I presume that if you've got a good enough zoom, somewhere from the nearby hills would be absolutely ideal for photography.

Next time I go back, I'm hoping to get some time for some quality trainspotting. I have too few photos of Kiwi trains. What makes it a bit tedious is that the train frequency in Wellington isn't what it is here and I don't have anybody to go railfanning with there. Might have to get more active on the Kiwi railway mailing lists and find someone to meet up with.

Even just getting more than sky in the background of a shot would suit me fine.

I could handle doing some trainspotting...it would be nice to photograph something other than planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom