Blowhard Victoria Superthread - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2008, 06:20 AM   #571
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:16 AM
Wow, Saints 45, Bulldogs 8.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 06:21 AM   #572
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:46 AM
Quote:
But in the quote you added something extra, some amusing Liechtenstein beer comment, that isn't in the original!
Yeah, I was trying to edit the post but I quoted it instead. I was just saying that I'll be on the lookout for a beer from Liechtenstein, basically.

The beer is really nice by the way, it's called Svyturys Ekstra. I guess the Ekstra is extra, but the name I don't think I would be able to pronounce precisely. Particularly when drinking a 500ml of one of these!

I'm pissed off right now because the leader of the AFL tip competition I'm in didn't even send the Round 3 tip sheet to me, and so I automatically get the away teams AGAIN, since I couldn't tip last week, which in other words means I basically tipped the Demons against the Cats! And it's just because I didn't get the sheet! I sent an email and would have included more exclamation marks in it if I were as inebriated as I usually am at 8:50 on a Friday night.

Speaking of inebriation, I have to go to the city, so I'll talk to you later. Hope your gnocchi turns out well, and have a good night!

Old 04-04-2008, 06:25 AM   #573
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Ooh, that sounds like it would be interesting, and quite a change of pace for the tournament. I hope you'd introduce me to some good shoegaze I don't already know.
I thought that too after looking at the previous discs. I hope I can get some points just for being a bit refreshing!

Not sure what shoegaze you haven't heard, I will probably include Chapterhouse, Curve, Lilys, Kitchens of Distinction and probably a song from Isn't Anything or Souvlaki for something more popular. Of course it depends on other things too.

Quote:
Yeah, entirely agreed. Replace "Vertigo" with "SYCMIOYO" and I agree even more. Bleh. I have absolutely no expectation of hearing anything good on the next album. Now it looks like they may not even get it out this year. Laziest band ever? HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO RECORD AN ALBUM IN TWO YEARS? They've been ostensibly working on new material since mid-2006! Most bands I know can spit out an album in a couple of months without really breaking a sweat.
You know what's fucking sad? This band is one of the most popular in the world for some reason. They have released 5 albums in almost twenty years. Three of those were within five years (another if including Passengers). That is fucking pathetic. A lot of popular bands have released five albums this decade. It's basically inexcusable, I don't give a shit if Bono's out handjobbing Africa, surely he can be in there for a while recording something. Husker Du's Zen Arcade was completed in 85 hours, and I rate it higher than any U2 album. Perfectionism is a demon when making music, and it has plagued U2 this decade.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:27 AM   #574
Blue Crack Addict

I think the new album should be called Shit Polishing by the way

Seeya later.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #575
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Speaking of inebriation, I have to go to the city, so I'll talk to you later. Hope your gnocchi turns out well, and have a good night!
Have fun!

I'll reply to the rest of your posts once I'm done with dinner. Hope nobody else turns up here so that I have no choice but to do work.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #576
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Wow, Saints 45, Bulldogs 8.
Saints 52, Bulldogs 35 now.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 06:57 AM   #577
Vocal parasite

Quote:
The beer is really nice by the way, it's called Svyturys Ekstra. I guess the Ekstra is extra, but the name I don't think I would be able to pronounce precisely. Particularly when drinking a 500ml of one of these!
Svyturys? Now that's a beer name! I want to try it just for the name. And I bet 'Ekstra' actually means "containing donkey urine" or something.

Quote:
I'm pissed off right now because the leader of the AFL tip competition I'm in didn't even send the Round 3 tip sheet to me, and so I automatically get the away teams AGAIN, since I couldn't tip last week, which in other words means I basically tipped the Demons against the Cats! And it's just because I didn't get the sheet! I sent an email and would have included more exclamation marks in it if I were as inebriated as I usually am at 8:50 on a Friday night.
Oh, that's shitty. This is why I'm glad the Super 14 tipping competition I do is just a web-based picks thing. For the AFL, there really should be a "nobody shall ever be assigned the Demons" rule.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 07:30 AM   #578
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I thought that too after looking at the previous discs. I hope I can get some points just for being a bit refreshing!

Not sure what shoegaze you haven't heard, I will probably include Chapterhouse, Curve, Lilys, Kitchens of Distinction and probably a song from Isn't Anything or Souvlaki for something more popular. Of course it depends on other things too.
Not too familiar with the material of all four of those bands, actually. So certainly it'd be good to discover some new stuff. The shoegaze I do know is mostly awesome.

Though I do think MBV are terribly overrated.

Quote:
You know what's fucking sad? This band is one of the most popular in the world for some reason. They have released 5 albums in almost twenty years. Three of those were within five years (another if including Passengers). That is fucking pathetic. A lot of popular bands have released five albums this decade. It's basically inexcusable, I don't give a shit if Bono's out handjobbing Africa, surely he can be in there for a while recording something. Husker Du's Zen Arcade was completed in 85 hours, and I rate it higher than any U2 album. Perfectionism is a demon when making music, and it has plagued U2 this decade.
I find this absolutely incomprehensible. Now, I appreciate that U2 do much bigger tours than many bands, and that will impose some delays. We're not going to see albums every 1-2 years. But every 2-3 should be more than reasonable. I just don't think U2 have the passion any more. I have to wonder how much of their hyperbole is really for themselves.

Pop and Popmart were the worst things to ever happen to U2. The impression the recording sessions and tour left on the band have, rightly or wrongly, fucked everything since then. Now it's all got to be "just so", the album must maximise sales, all the gigs must sell out, etc. Art? You get the feeling Bono's forgotten the word 'art'.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 07:33 AM   #579
Blue Crack Addict

helllllloooooooooo blowharders.

what a fucking long day .
Old 04-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #580
Vocal parasite

Hey Jen!

I shouldn't be here but I am. No motivation to do boring work, whee.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 07:50 AM   #581
Blue Crack Addict

none of should be here so it seems, but here we are, so hows things ?
Old 04-04-2008, 07:52 AM   #582
Vocal parasite

I'm bored. Should be stressed but I'm just boooooored.

You?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #583
Blue Crack Addict

ohhh sweet the australian u2 show playing at imax at the premiere ...
Old 04-04-2008, 07:54 AM   #584
Blue Crack Addict

tired. so so tired.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #585
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm bored. Should be stressed but I'm just boooooored.

You?
ive had so much stress this week i just went into manic who gives a fuck mode today , i have had enough !

Tags
superthread