Blowhard Victoria Superthread - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2008, 01:59 AM   #466
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

I'm just getting started. Has it gotten better since the Genesisathon?

You'll be happy to know the longest song on my playlist is 5:46 or so.
In all honesty, the Genesis song was one of its weakest moments IMO. The first 9 were very strong. After Genesis, it's been really mellow. I have 2 songs left to go.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:00 AM   #467
Blue Crack Addict

The crowd intro to the Todd Rundgren song really detracts from th flow.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:01 AM   #468
The Male

At least Screwtape sorted his out properly. Pfan didn't even name all of his songs.

Now.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:01 AM   #469
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:04 PM
Quote:

Care to specify? We need some new discussion now that Axver has gone off to the tracks.
I have been having trouble with someone who considers me his girlfriend, though I do not consider him my boyfriend. He is Congolese and thus doesn't completely understand the why I don't want to be with him. He's very kind and respects me a lot, but I just want to be his friend, and English is like his sixth language so things can be difficult in communication, let alone other things.

It's complicated and I had a discussion with him last night and it kept on going around in circles. And I had promised we'd hit the town tonight, but now I'm going with my sister and a friend, and I'm not sure if I should still see him. I mean I feel really responsible for this mess, even though the key of it is that he doesn't yet understand Western etiquette in this department.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:01 AM   #470
Blue Crack Addict

I hate that nagging feeling of doubting your own playlist. Eh, this is my first attempt after all, though.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:02 AM   #471
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
At least Screwtape sorted his out properly. Pfan didn't even name all of his songs.
Actually, I had to update all the tags for Screwtape's. Then again, I had to for a bunch of PFan's too. The one who really got it right when it comes to the tags was Khan. It was very impressive.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:04 AM   #472
Blue Crack Addict

Ew, two live songs to end his playlist? Not a strong finish IMO for Screwtape.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:04 AM   #473
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

Actually, I had to update all the tags for Screwtape's. Then again, I had to for a bunch of PFan's too. The one who really got it right when it comes to the tags was Khan. It was very impressive.
I didn't bother with tags. But they're all numbered anyway. One of the easier playlists to sort through, I'm hoping.

Now.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:05 AM   #474
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I didn't bother with tags. But they're all numbered anyway. One of the easier playlists to sort through, I'm hoping.
I'm a perfectionist. All my own are tagged with all their official information. People will just have to put them in order themselves.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:07 AM   #475
Blue Crack Addict

Well, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my music library.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:07 AM   #476
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

I have been having trouble with someone who considers me his girlfriend, though I do not consider him my boyfriend. He is Congolese and thus doesn't completely understand the why I don't want to be with him. He's very kind and respects me a lot, but I just want to be his friend, and English is like his sixth language so things can be difficult in communication, let alone other things.

It's complicated and I had a discussion with him last night and it kept on going around in circles. And I had promised we'd hit the town tonight, but now I'm going with my sister and a friend, and I'm not sure if I should still see him. I mean I feel really responsible for this mess, even though the key of it is that he doesn't yet understand Western etiquette in this department.
Yeah, that is rough, especially since he is essentially a good person.

I am personally a goody-two-shoes (whatever the fuck that means), so I would suggest seeing him since you said you would. But after that, if you're really not emotionally attached and have no desire to go forward with the relationship, cut him loose.

Now.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:14 AM   #477
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:04 PM
Quote:

Yeah, that is rough, especially since he is essentially a good person.

I am personally a goody-two-shoes (whatever the fuck that means), so I would suggest seeing him since you said you would. But after that, if you're really not emotionally attached and have no desire to go forward with the relationship, cut him loose.
Yes, he's really nice and he's had a fairly tough time (his family house was destroyed by a volcano a few years ago and he came here only with his younger cousins), but he doesn't play the sympathy card which is of course good. I keep saying that don't worry, you'll find someone else - but he won't take this for an answer, he really wants to be with me. And as much an honour as that seems, I just want to be his friend.

I will probably call him later and ask if he wants to have some drinks with us, but that's it really. I think to distance ourselves for a while would be good, or just to see each other in lower frequency.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:15 AM   #478
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, I will keep up my final comment on Screwtape's list. Weak ending IMO.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:16 AM   #479
Blue Crack Addict

And now onto PFan's....
Old 04-04-2008, 02:19 AM   #480
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

Yes, he's really nice and he's had a fairly tough time (his family house was destroyed by a volcano a few years ago and he came here only with his younger cousins), but he doesn't play the sympathy card which is of course good. I keep saying that don't worry, you'll find someone else - but he won't take this for an answer, he really wants to be with me. And as much an honour as that seems, I just want to be his friend.

I will probably call him later and ask if he wants to have some drinks with us, but that's it really. I think to distance ourselves for a while would be good, or just to see each other in lower frequency.
Just remember to have patience with him. In situations where someone will inevitably be dropped, it's best to do it as gently as possible, especially if you have every intention to carry on a friendly relationship with them and if everything is seemingly "OK". A good way to do that is, like you said, to continue seeing them, but at a lesser frequency. I trust you'll do the right thing.

Now.

Tags
superthread