Blowhard Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it's sad that I now ignore the demotivational poster thread because some n00bs have come in and ruined it.

But at least most people are likely to just read the first few pages and that's all full of quality.

HEY, MELBURNIANS!

OK, this is a stupidly long shot, I know. But tomorrow evening, I'm going to go tram photographing in Royal Park. I'm determined to photograph a 00 on the route 55 (counter-peak workings back to Essendon Depot) before daylight savings ends and it's too dark for my camera to produce good shots. So I plan to set myself up around 5:30 to 7pm, perhaps later. If anybody wants to join me, I'll grab a pizza and promise conversation not related to trams. If nobody joins me, I'll be productive and do uni work between trams.

My fellow albino accomplice in tramhunting will be in Adelaide tomorrow, you see. :(

Where's Royal Park?

And thanks Ax, I'll keep you in mind as my back-up supplier if u2start.com fails me :wink:

When was the best performance of Hawkmoon, do you think?

Ugh, nearly time to pour more gunk into my ear.
(Okay, so it's not as interesting as Varitek's oversharing, but it's all I've got!)

Royal Park's around Melbourne Zoo. I actually plan to be at the original spot I suggested for the first Melburnian Interferencers meet-up for most of the time. The 55 turns off Flemington Road near the Royal Children's Hospital, runs north past the Zoo, and resumes street running at the Brunswick/Grantham Street intersection.

Probably my pick for best Hawkmoon is 18 November 1989, Sydney, though that's mainly because it's easily the best in terms of sound quality.

:lol: I think I'll avoid medical oversharing myself. :wink:

Not sure if I can make it to the Zoo after work... someone's leaving and there are usually drinks or something afterwards. I'll let you know, either way...

*makes notes* Ta :)

Yeah, probably not a bad idea... :reject:

Righto, I'm off to bed... seeya! :wave:

Ah, righto, fair enough. It'd be cool if you could make it. Here's the map from when we were planning the meet-up:

0007rrbz

If I'm by myself, I'll probably roam about.

Have a good night! :wave:

I've an essay to write too. What's yours about? Mine's boring the crap out of me. It should be interesting, the Holocaust in Romania, but the way it's framed, I'm just so bored and not motivated.

Ooh. Sounds better than my dull blather that essentially boils down to "Raul Hilberg's four stage model of destruction sorta but not really fits Romania". Snooze.

So here I am eating quesadillas at 1am instead.

Hullo! :wave:

Test is tomorrow. I think I've reached dental saturation. The word Frenectomy is hilarious all of a sudden and I realized I haven't eaten in 36 hours. I have gone through a whole pound of coffee. Strangely I'm not sleepy at all.

Tigger is fine.

lynnok said:
Test is tomorrow. I think I've reached dental saturation. The word Frenectomy is hilarious all of a sudden and I realized I haven't eaten in 36 hours. I have gone through a whole pound of coffee. Strangely I'm not sleepy at all.

Just so you know: you're insane!

phillyfan26 said:

Well done.

"Reject a woman, and she will never let it go. One of the many defects of their kind. Also, weak arms."

And with that, I am going to the gym, so that I can lift 20-40 pounds on the arm machines, and maybe up to 80 on the ones that use back muscles as well.

unico said:
:drool: i want a quesadilla. i had a burrito last night.

I'm going to do enchiladas for dinner one night soon. Tomorrow'll be pizza of some description, but maybe over the weekend I'll do it.

hey ax and mia. i just had a phone call with Dad from the family i like best. at the end he said they were talking to others (which mom said) and he knew i was talking to others, and i said yeah, a few, i do feel a little pressure because i've got a few offers and i need to get back to them, but i like you guys the best, and he asked why i liked them, and i told him, and he said he'd talk to his wife about their various decisions and she'd be getting back to me most likely with an offer.

that's good, right? right?

Axver said:

I'm going to do enchiladas for dinner one night soon. Tomorrow'll be pizza of some description, but maybe over the weekend I'll do it.

quesadillas are sooooo easy to do. as are burritos and tacos. i don't think i've ever done enchiladas though.

Varitek said:
hey ax and mia. i just had a phone call with Dad from the family i like best. at the end he said they were talking to others (which mom said) and he knew i was talking to others, and i said yeah, a few, i do feel a little pressure because i've got a few offers and i need to get back to them, but i like you guys the best, and he asked why i liked them, and i told him, and he said he'd talk to his wife about their various decisions and she'd be getting back to me most likely with an offer.

absolutely!!! way to go that's so exciting

yeah he hemmed and hawwed about talking decisions over with her, but then his last word was offer soooooo... :hyper:

cause if it wasn't a really positive impression he'd say like "decision" or something right? right?

Varitek said:

Ooh, that is exciting. :up:

Varitek said:
quesadillas are sooooo easy to do.

Precisely why I just had two at 1am.

i don't think i've ever done enchiladas though.

They're nice and easy too, though they take a little more time. The way I make them, they're essentially an extension of my taco recipe.

But then I'm a Kiwi in Australia who has never actually eaten Mexican food made by anybody Hispanic, so who knows just how close what I make is to the real deal. Probably not very! :laugh:

hmm it's pretty basic. diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, broth, cumin, oil, chili powder...i can't remember what else. plus i add some hot sauce bc i add hotsauce to everything.

i've seen canned sauce too.

Axver said:

Precisely why I just had two at 1am.

They're nice and easy too, though they take a little more time. The way I make them, they're essentially an extension of my taco recipe.

But then I'm a Kiwi in Australia who has never actually eaten Mexican food made by anybody Hispanic, so who knows just how close what I make is to the real deal. Probably not very! :laugh:

lol, i've never been to mexico but i've had fairly authentic food at mexican places in california and boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom