Blowhard Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

I think it gives the end a special energy. Things seem lost with Falling Slowly then bam this fading applause and keyboard. When In Your Eyes comes, it is accepting and feels like the end of a journey with this celebration of her.

I'm almost there. I'll be checking this out.

Hey PFan, I didn't dislike the Springsteen or Dylan nearly as much as I thought I would. I liked your second half a bit more than I liked your first half.

LemonMelon said:
:drool: Peter Gabriel and Todd Rundgren...

I'm looking forward to that finale.

I really WAS looking forward to that finale. Right til I discovered they were live songs. Not my cup o' tea.

Yeah, that Springsteen song is from his new album, and is a much different sound than his 70s sounds.

phillyfan26 said:
Yeah, that Springsteen song is from his new album, and is a much different sound than his 70s sounds.

In all honesty, all I'd ever heard by him was Born in the USA before.

Really? That's rarely one of his better reviewed albums.

My two favorite are Born to Run and Magic.

Pfan, since we've all given out grades to each other's lists, what would you give mine and Screwtape's?

phillyfan26 said:
Really? That's rarely one of his better reviewed albums.

My two favorite are Born to Run and Magic.

And when I say Born in the USA, I mean the song, not the album.

For me, so far:

Pfan - C+
Screwtape - B+

I think I'll listen to LMP's next and see what's going on over there.

Of the playlists so far that I've heard, my ranking goes:

Screwtape
PFan
LJT

the tourist said:
And when I say Born in the USA, I mean the song, not the album.

That's it, really? :lol:

You certainly were a bit critical of him for only hearing one song. :wink:

And of course, narcissistic as I am, I rank my own above all 3 of those.

I think everyone ranks their own playlist above everyone else's. Considering you most likely enjoy every song in your own and it's highly unlikely you enjoy ever song of the other lists, it's easy to like your own better.

My Springsteen collection:

The Wild, The Innocent
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Nebraska

and from my parents:

Born To Run (vinyl)
Born In The USA (cassette)

the tourist said:
Didn't like his voice. :shrug:

His voice is his worst attribute, and, yes, at times it is poor.

It all makes sense on Born to Run, though. I can't recommend that album highly enough.

phillyfan26 said:
I think everyone ranks their own playlist above everyone else's. Considering you most likely enjoy every song in your own and it's highly unlikely you enjoy ever song of the other lists, it's easy to like your own better.

Oh yeah, this is definitely true. :lol: I'd give my own an A-. It's great except for the things Pfan mentioned.

My Springsteen collection:

The Wild, The Innocent
Born to Run
Darkness
River
Tunnel of Love (my mother's)
The Rising
Magic
Essential compilation

LemonMelon said:
Oh yeah, this is definitely true. :lol: I'd give my own an A-. It's great except for the things Pfan mentioned.

I'd say similar for mine. I think my Disc 2, Side A loses me some points, I give myself an A- or an A.

BTW, though not everyone approved of it, your Jet song wasn't that poor of a fit at all. The only weakness in the Imagine--->Look What You've Done transition was that the intro for both are nearly identical...something you want to avoid.

Like I said, the Jet song was much less risky than the Streetlight Manifesto song.

phillyfan26 said:

Well of course. One thing that's very nitpicky about me, PFan, is that I probably would've had your playlist tied in my mind with Screwtapes if some of the songs didn't skip. :reject:

LemonMelon said:
BTW, though not everyone approved of it, your Jet song wasn't that poor of a fit at all. The only weakness in the Imagine--->Look What You've Done transition was that the intro for both are nearly identical...something you want to avoid.

I thought the weaker transition was from Jet to McCartney because, well, the McCartney one is just so much quieter. :reject:

the tourist said:
Well of course. One thing that's very nitpicky about me, PFan, is that I probably would've had your playlist tied in my mind with Screwtapes if some of the songs didn't skip. :reject:

Songs skipped? :eyebrow: None of them skip for me.

A few songs skipped for me on LMP's list.

phillyfan26 said:

Songs skipped? :eyebrow: None of them skip for me.

A few songs skipped for me on LMP's list.

It was very minor skips. Like in the Franz Ferdinand song. It's less of a skip and more of a minor hiccup. Maybe it happened through mediafire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom