Blowhard Victoria Superthread - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2008, 12:34 AM   #391
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

No. But I'll give you a hint: it's in your top 10.
Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde?

I've been hooked on that one lately. Printemps Emeraude, Ciel Errant, and Tir Nan Og are so awesome.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 12:35 AM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde?

I've been hooked on that one lately. Printemps Emeraude, Ciel Errant, and Tir Nan Og are so awesome.
Bingo!

Old 04-04-2008, 12:35 AM   #393
The Male

Quote:

And what, praytell, is so bad about Sting?
What's so bad about Bob Dylan, The Beatles, The Kinks, Radiohead, and so on? Sting just bores me, solo and otherwise.

Now.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #394
Blue Crack Addict

Actually, I'm going through and listening to a bunch of proggy stuff a friend of mine who introduced me to PT as "mellow music" gave me on an mp3 disc a long time ago. Agalloch was one of them and I didn't care for it. But next on my list (once I'm current on DI lists) is Crippled Black Phoenix, which he also described as mellow.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:37 AM   #395
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

What's so bad about Bob Dylan, The Beatles, The Kinks, Radiohead, and so on? Sting just bores me, solo and otherwise.
Of those, I like The Beatles and Radiohead--though admittedly I've never heard The Kinks (at least they don't ring a bell )
Old 04-04-2008, 12:38 AM   #396
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlue
Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

I've seen a similar one for Finland too.

Quote:
-500 Fahrenheit (-295 C)
Hell freezes over.
The Leafs win the Cup
This reminds me of one of my favourite Kiwi jokes (note for foreigners: Invercargill is the main city in Southland, the southernmost part of the South Island):

Two guys from Invercargill die and wake up in hell.

The next day the devil stops in to check on them and sees them dressed in swannies, mittens and balaclavas warming themselves around the fire.

The devil asks them, "What are you doing? Isn't it hot enough for you?"

The two guys reply, "Well, you know, we're from Invercargill, the land of snow and ice and cold. We're just happy for a chance to warm up a little bit, eh."

The devil decides that these two aren't miserable enough and turns up the heat. The next morning he stops in again and there they are, still dressed in swannies, mittens and balaclavas

The devil asks them again, "It's awfully hot down here, can't you guys feel it?"

Again the two guys reply, "Well, like we told ya yesterday, we're from Invercargill, the land of snow and ice and cold. We're just happy for a chance to warm up a little bit, eh."

This gets the devil a little steamed up and he decides to fix these two guys. He cranks the heat up as high as it will go. The people are wailing and screaming everywhere. He stops by the room with the two guys from Invercargill and finds them in t-shirts, footie shorts and jandals drinking a speights and cooking a barbie.

The devil is astonished, "Everyone down here is in abject misery, and you two seem to be enjoying yourselves."

The two Southlanders reply, "Well, ya know, we don't get too much warm weather down there in Invercargill so we've just got to have a cook-up when the weather's THIS nice."

The devil is absolutely furious, he can hardly see straight. Finally he comes up with the answer. The two guys love the heat because they have been cold all their lives. The devil decides to turn all the heat off in hell.

The next morning, the temperature is below zero, icicles are hanging everywhere; people are shivering so bad that they are unable to do anything but wail, moan and gnash their teeth.

The devil smiles and heads for the room with the two Southlanders. He gets there and finds them back in their swannies, mittens and balaclavas. NOW they are jumping up and down, cheering, yelling and screaming like mad men!

The devil is dumbfounded, "I don't understand, when I turn up the heat you're happy. Now it's freezing cold and you're still happy. What is wrong with you two?"

The Southlanders look at the devil in surprise.

"Well, don't you know? If hell freezes over, it must mean that Southland has won the NPC rugby!"

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 12:39 AM   #397
Vocal parasite

Quote:

And? My list doesn't cause listeners to become suicidal. Oh, wait, forgot about Axver.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 12:40 AM   #398
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Great record.

Have to give my stamp of approval.
I personally think Unknown Pleasures is far superior to Closer.

Disorder, New Dawn Fades, and She's Lost Control are three of the band's very best songs.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 12:42 AM   #399
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Actually, I'm not a big Sting/Police fan. Just select songs really. But he doesn't bug me like Bob Dylan, Radiohead, The Arcade Fire, et al.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 12:43 AM   #400
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Actually, I'm going through and listening to a bunch of proggy stuff a friend of mine who introduced me to PT as "mellow music" gave me on an mp3 disc a long time ago. Agalloch was one of them and I didn't care for it. But next on my list (once I'm current on DI lists) is Crippled Black Phoenix, which he also described as mellow.
I've never actually even heard of Crippled Black Phoenix. Let me know if they're anything like PT.

Shame you didn't like Agalloch, but I don't really expect many people to enjoy their music that much. Can't wait for responses to I Am The Wooden Doors in my tracklist. But fuck it's a good song.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 12:43 AM   #401
The Male

Quote:

Of those, I like The Beatles and Radiohead--though admittedly I've never heard The Kinks (at least they don't ring a bell )
I just sent you a top 50 list of my own. Tell me if there's anything you don't recognize.

Now.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:44 AM   #402
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:47 AM

Leafs and Southland must have alot in common

In my heart of hearts I still hold out hope that someday, somehow, they might win a championship in my lifetime. Until that time, I'll keep my fandom up by ripping them apart at every possible juncture.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:44 AM   #403
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Tell me if there's anything you don't recognize.

For me, it's "tell me there's anything you do recognise"!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-04-2008, 12:45 AM   #404
The Male

Quote:

I personally think Unknown Pleasures is far superior to Closer.

Disorder, New Dawn Fades, and She's Lost Control are three of the band's very best songs.
What I've heard from Closer has been rather dull, actually. What I love about Unknown Pleasures is its intensity. They were a great unit, especially in the rhythm section. My favorite song of theirs is still Disorder...what a tune.

Now.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:46 AM   #405
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:47 AM
"It is this grandeur that protects the spirit within, from the plight of this broken world" One of my favourite all time quotes.

Tags
superthread