Blowhard Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But in the quote you added something extra, some amusing Liechtenstein beer comment, that isn't in the original!

Yeah, I was trying to edit the post but I quoted it instead. :reject: I was just saying that I'll be on the lookout for a beer from Liechtenstein, basically. :wink:

The beer is really nice by the way, it's called Svyturys Ekstra. I guess the Ekstra is extra, but the name I don't think I would be able to pronounce precisely. Particularly when drinking a 500ml of one of these!

I'm pissed off right now because the leader of the AFL tip competition I'm in didn't even send the Round 3 tip sheet to me, and so I automatically get the away teams AGAIN, since I couldn't tip last week, which in other words means I basically tipped the Demons against the Cats! And it's just because I didn't get the sheet! I sent an email and would have included more exclamation marks in it if I were as inebriated as I usually am at 8:50 on a Friday night.

Speaking of inebriation, I have to go to the city, so I'll talk to you later. Hope your gnocchi turns out well, and have a good night! :wave:

Axver said:

Ooh, that sounds like it would be interesting, and quite a change of pace for the tournament. I hope you'd introduce me to some good shoegaze I don't already know.

I thought that too after looking at the previous discs. I hope I can get some points just for being a bit refreshing!

Not sure what shoegaze you haven't heard, I will probably include Chapterhouse, Curve, Lilys, Kitchens of Distinction and probably a song from Isn't Anything or Souvlaki for something more popular. Of course it depends on other things too.

Yeah, entirely agreed. Replace "Vertigo" with "SYCMIOYO" and I agree even more. Bleh. I have absolutely no expectation of hearing anything good on the next album. Now it looks like they may not even get it out this year. Laziest band ever? HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO RECORD AN ALBUM IN TWO YEARS? They've been ostensibly working on new material since mid-2006! Most bands I know can spit out an album in a couple of months without really breaking a sweat.

You know what's fucking sad? This band is one of the most popular in the world for some reason. They have released 5 albums in almost twenty years. Three of those were within five years (another if including Passengers). That is fucking pathetic. A lot of popular bands have released five albums this decade. It's basically inexcusable, I don't give a shit if Bono's out handjobbing Africa, surely he can be in there for a while recording something. Husker Du's Zen Arcade was completed in 85 hours, and I rate it higher than any U2 album. Perfectionism is a demon when making music, and it has plagued U2 this decade.

The Sad Punk said:
Speaking of inebriation, I have to go to the city, so I'll talk to you later. Hope your gnocchi turns out well, and have a good night! :wave:

Have fun! :wave:

I'll reply to the rest of your posts once I'm done with dinner. Hope nobody else turns up here so that I have no choice but to do work. :wink:

The Sad Punk said:
The beer is really nice by the way, it's called Svyturys Ekstra. I guess the Ekstra is extra, but the name I don't think I would be able to pronounce precisely. Particularly when drinking a 500ml of one of these!

Svyturys? Now that's a beer name! I want to try it just for the name. And I bet 'Ekstra' actually means "containing donkey urine" or something. :wink:

I'm pissed off right now because the leader of the AFL tip competition I'm in didn't even send the Round 3 tip sheet to me, and so I automatically get the away teams AGAIN, since I couldn't tip last week, which in other words means I basically tipped the Demons against the Cats! And it's just because I didn't get the sheet! I sent an email and would have included more exclamation marks in it if I were as inebriated as I usually am at 8:50 on a Friday night.

Oh, that's shitty. This is why I'm glad the Super 14 tipping competition I do is just a web-based picks thing. For the AFL, there really should be a "nobody shall ever be assigned the Demons" rule. :wink:

The Sad Punk said:
I thought that too after looking at the previous discs. I hope I can get some points just for being a bit refreshing!

Not sure what shoegaze you haven't heard, I will probably include Chapterhouse, Curve, Lilys, Kitchens of Distinction and probably a song from Isn't Anything or Souvlaki for something more popular. Of course it depends on other things too.

Not too familiar with the material of all four of those bands, actually. So certainly it'd be good to discover some new stuff. The shoegaze I do know is mostly awesome.

Though I do think MBV are terribly overrated.

You know what's fucking sad? This band is one of the most popular in the world for some reason. They have released 5 albums in almost twenty years. Three of those were within five years (another if including Passengers). That is fucking pathetic. A lot of popular bands have released five albums this decade. It's basically inexcusable, I don't give a shit if Bono's out handjobbing Africa, surely he can be in there for a while recording something. Husker Du's Zen Arcade was completed in 85 hours, and I rate it higher than any U2 album. Perfectionism is a demon when making music, and it has plagued U2 this decade.

I find this absolutely incomprehensible. Now, I appreciate that U2 do much bigger tours than many bands, and that will impose some delays. We're not going to see albums every 1-2 years. But every 2-3 should be more than reasonable. I just don't think U2 have the passion any more. I have to wonder how much of their hyperbole is really for themselves.

Pop and Popmart were the worst things to ever happen to U2. The impression the recording sessions and tour left on the band have, rightly or wrongly, fucked everything since then. Now it's all got to be "just so", the album must maximise sales, all the gigs must sell out, etc. Art? You get the feeling Bono's forgotten the word 'art'.

Hey Jen! :wave:

I shouldn't be here but I am. No motivation to do boring work, whee.

I'm bored. Should be stressed but I'm just boooooored.

You?

mysterious_jen said:
ohhh sweet the australian u2 show playing at imax at the premiere ... :drool:

Have you seen them before? I haven't, though I get the impression from Ali that they're not bad.

What day of the week is the U2 3D premiere again?

mysterious_jen said:

ive had so much stress this week i just went into manic who gives a fuck mode today , i have had enough !

I'm really stressed about uni stuff, but now I'm just pissed off with it all. I'm regurgitating the work of others for the sake of a mark and it's driving me batty. I already know how to research stuff in primarily secondary sources in the uni libraries! I know how to present a coherent argument!

I WANT TO DO SOME ORIGINAL WORK! :scream:

I'm going to go insane soon.

Axver said:

Have you seen them before? I haven't, though I get the impression from Ali that they're not bad.

What day of the week is the U2 3D premiere again?

wednesday nite . midnite. entertainment starts at 9 you being there is a must. otherwise i will see you saturday 8.30 !

:madwife:

Axver said:

I'm really stressed about uni stuff, but now I'm just pissed off with it all. I'm regurgitating the work of others for the sake of a mark and it's driving me batty. I already know how to research stuff in primarily secondary sources in the uni libraries! I know how to present a coherent argument!

I WANT TO DO SOME ORIGINAL WORK! :scream:

I'm going to go insane soon.

aww ax , soon you will be pouring out your own work .

mysterious_jen said:
wednesday nite . midnite. entertainment starts at 9 you being there is a must. otherwise i will see you saturday 8.30 !

:madwife:

Right, so it's Wednesday night/Thursday morning? I knew it involved Wednesday, but I couldn't remember if it was that, or Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Thanks.

And I'll definitely be there - I've got one of the tickets Ali bought!

Axver said:

Right, so it's Wednesday night/Thursday morning? I knew it involved Wednesday, but I couldn't remember if it was that, or Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Thanks.

And I'll definitely be there - I've got one of the tickets Ali bought!

sweeet ! should be a great meet up im looking forward to it, other than my inevitable getting lost :lol: hope cin can navigate !

mysterious_jen said:

aww ax , soon you will be pouring out your own work .

The problem is that my marks are going to suffer this semester. I'm not challenged. If I'm not challenged, if I'm just regurgitating shit, there's no way I can write to my best level. This is all garbage and I despise it.

I'm on the verge of writing very carefully phrased angry letters to certain lecturers.

mysterious_jen said:

sweeet ! should be a great meet up im looking forward to it, other than my inevitable getting lost :lol: hope cin can navigate !

:lol: You need me. I'm never lost. My passion for maps has served me well over the years!

Though I am wondering how the fuck I'm meant to get home so late, considering the last tram on my line runs at approximately midnight!

mysterious_jen said:
how far are you and in what direction from the imax? im sure either i or ali wll give you a lift

I'm in Brunswick West, not that far northwest from the Imax. I'm a 17 minute tram ride from uni, and the Imax is only four blocks further.

I'd be very appreciative if anybody could give me a lift. :up:

unico said:
uggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh what a night. and i should be at work by now. oh man.

:lol: How are you feeling? I think you ended up collapsing rather quickly really ... :wink:

i feel like im holding the indian ocean in my belly. yeah i passed out, which was quite an accomplishment seeing as how i was in the middle of 3 IM conversations and texting. and also this thread. haha oops.

i didn't feel like going downstairs for more oj, so i just kept drinking the vodka. bad idea.

unico said:
i feel like im holding the indian ocean in my belly. yeah i passed out, which was quite an accomplishment seeing as how i was in the middle of 3 IM conversations and texting. and also this thread. haha oops.

i didn't feel like going downstairs for more oj, so i just kept drinking the vodka. bad idea.

ohhh mia you and me would make a great team ! :hi5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom