Blowhard Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be listening to the whole thing tonight.... But yeah, I think I'm gonna give LJT's a C and Screwtape's a B at this point.

Screwtape's is really great so far. Liked his last one a bunch, and this one is off to a great start. Plus, Plainsong :drool:

LemonMelon said:
Screwtape's is really great so far. Liked his last one a bunch, and this one is off to a great start. Plus, Plainsong :drool:

I'd say the best part is 1-9 for Screwtape's

the tourist said:
I like the beginning. I've never heard this Bowie song before.

The album made my top 50. :wink: It really is a brilliant song, but the sequencing from here on was weird for me. Plus, two RHCP-related songs right near the beginning is a no-no for me, since I don't even like them to begin with.

I'm onto John Frusciante. Weird song so far. I'm not impressed on paper that John Frusciante and RHCP are the bookends to the Beatles song....

Though I think I like John Frusciante better than RHCP. Admittedly, I do like a little RHCP, but it doesn't really flow with anything.

I think so far, though, I'm noticing that mine is poppier than anyone else's.

the tourist said:

I've only seen the posted ones on the DI website.

Bah, I won't burden you with it. You'd probably be better off going in order so you won't miss anything.

LemonMelon said:

Bah, I won't burden you with it. You'd probably be better off going in order so you won't miss anything.

I'm gonna need it soon, though, if Phanan doesn't post more links.

I bet I'll get through PFan's and Khan's tomorrow. And I don't want to start Bono 212's until I get the DRM-protected track re-uploaded from her.

the tourist said:
I think Under the Bridge is one of my least favourite RHCP songs.

Yeah, I don't care much for it either. It's dull and the children's choir is a bit much.

Let's see here. 2 A's, 1 C, and an F. What does that make a GPA? 10/4=2.5. So far that's between a B- and a C+.

I'm actually really disappointed to see solo McCartney, solo Lennon, The Beatles, but WHERE THE FUCK IS GEORGE HARRISON????

Anyway, Zeppelin adds another A to his list... for now.

the tourist said:
I'm actually really disappointed to see solo McCartney, solo Lennon, The Beatles, but WHERE THE FUCK IS GEORGE HARRISON????

Anyway, Zeppelin adds another A to his list... for now.

Are you taking his concept into account in your ratings? It's one of the things that kept it afloat for me.

I haven't read that. I think the music should really stand on its own. *shrug* A concept doesn't make a shit song gold.

the tourist said:
I haven't read that. I think the music should really stand on its own. *shrug* A concept doesn't make a shit song gold.

True, but it tells you the logic behind the sequencing and song choices. And it does take extra effort to come up with a good one.

LemonMelon said:

True, but it tells you the logic behind the sequencing and song choices. And it does take extra effort to come up with a good one.

If you say so. I'm listening to a ska song. :sick:

LemonMelon said:
Screwtape's sequencing isn't all that great so far, but I'm loving the songs themselves.

I liked Screwtape's sequencing myself. :shrug:

the tourist said:

I liked Screwtape's sequencing myself. :shrug:

It's not jarring, sure. Just no "SHIT, why couldn't I think of that???" kind of transitions that make it all click. They're songs that would naturally fit together put in a row.

I think I'm just picky. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom