Blowhard Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

Well I've heard OF a lot of those. I've probably heard songs off of a lot of them too. The ones that I would've gotten eventually anyway would've probably been House of the Holy by Zeppelin, the Franz Ferdiand one, the My Bloody Valentine one, and the Beck one.

Axver would back me up on Nick Drake - Pink Moon and Yes - Fragile being essential purchases. :wink:

the tourist said:

Oh fuck. I forgot we aren't talking about 00s Bono.

:lol:

Imagine Bad if he wrote it today.

If you get a needle some way
If you stick it into your veins again
If I could, you know I would
If I could, I would
Tell you "HEROIN IS BAD FOR YOUR SOUL!"

LemonMelon said:

Axver would back me up on Nick Drake - Pink Moon and Yes - Fragile being essential purchases. :wink:

Convenient that he's not here to back that up anymore, eh...? ...eh? :wink:

U2's relationship with their fans bump =

diamond said:
I think if U2 continues to work at it, they'll be as good or maybe even better than Duran Duran and may even surpass Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band.

dbs

God, what a bizarre fellow.

Axver said:

:lol:

Imagine Bad if he wrote it today.

If you get a needle some way
Kneel down and stick it into your veins
If I could, you know I would
If I could, I would
Tell you "HEROIN IS BAD FOR YOUR SOUL!"
Oh Africa!
Oh Africa!
We will relieve your debt
One of these days
With a needle and a kneel
In your veins.

Completed.

The Sad Punk said:
Oh hi guys. I have been having some difficulties with Life lately and thus haven't been here regularly.

Care to specify? We need some new discussion now that Axver has gone off to the tracks.

I'd give it a strong B. Maybe B+ depending on the other 3 I haven't yet listened to.

the tourist said:
I'm getting close to finishing Screwtape's playlist.

I'm just getting started. Has it gotten better since the Genesisathon?

You'll be happy to know the longest song on my playlist is 5:46 or so.

LemonMelon said:

I'm just getting started. Has it gotten better since the Genesisathon?

You'll be happy to know the longest song on my playlist is 5:46 or so.

In all honesty, the Genesis song was one of its weakest moments IMO. The first 9 were very strong. After Genesis, it's been really mellow. I have 2 songs left to go.

LemonMelon said:

Care to specify? We need some new discussion now that Axver has gone off to the tracks.

I have been having trouble with someone who considers me his girlfriend, though I do not consider him my boyfriend. He is Congolese and thus doesn't completely understand the why I don't want to be with him. He's very kind and respects me a lot, but I just want to be his friend, and English is like his sixth language so things can be difficult in communication, let alone other things.

It's complicated and I had a discussion with him last night and it kept on going around in circles. And I had promised we'd hit the town tonight, but now I'm going with my sister and a friend, and I'm not sure if I should still see him. I mean I feel really responsible for this mess, even though the key of it is that he doesn't yet understand Western etiquette in this department.

I hate that nagging feeling of doubting your own playlist. Eh, this is my first attempt after all, though.

LemonMelon said:
At least Screwtape sorted his out properly. Pfan didn't even name all of his songs. :lol:

Actually, I had to update all the tags for Screwtape's. Then again, I had to for a bunch of PFan's too. The one who really got it right when it comes to the tags was Khan. It was very impressive.

Ew, two live songs to end his playlist? Not a strong finish IMO for Screwtape.

the tourist said:

Actually, I had to update all the tags for Screwtape's. Then again, I had to for a bunch of PFan's too. The one who really got it right when it comes to the tags was Khan. It was very impressive.

I didn't bother with tags. :lol: But they're all numbered anyway. One of the easier playlists to sort through, I'm hoping.

LemonMelon said:

I didn't bother with tags. :lol: But they're all numbered anyway. One of the easier playlists to sort through, I'm hoping.

I'm a perfectionist. All my own are tagged with all their official information. People will just have to put them in order themselves.

The Sad Punk said:

I have been having trouble with someone who considers me his girlfriend, though I do not consider him my boyfriend. He is Congolese and thus doesn't completely understand the why I don't want to be with him. He's very kind and respects me a lot, but I just want to be his friend, and English is like his sixth language so things can be difficult in communication, let alone other things.

It's complicated and I had a discussion with him last night and it kept on going around in circles. And I had promised we'd hit the town tonight, but now I'm going with my sister and a friend, and I'm not sure if I should still see him. I mean I feel really responsible for this mess, even though the key of it is that he doesn't yet understand Western etiquette in this department.

Yeah, that is rough, especially since he is essentially a good person.

I am personally a goody-two-shoes (whatever the fuck that means), so I would suggest seeing him since you said you would. But after that, if you're really not emotionally attached and have no desire to go forward with the relationship, cut him loose. :slant:

LemonMelon said:

Yeah, that is rough, especially since he is essentially a good person.

I am personally a goody-two-shoes (whatever the fuck that means), so I would suggest seeing him since you said you would. But after that, if you're really not emotionally attached and have no desire to go forward with the relationship, cut him loose. :slant:

Yes, he's really nice and he's had a fairly tough time (his family house was destroyed by a volcano a few years ago and he came here only with his younger cousins), but he doesn't play the sympathy card which is of course good. I keep saying that don't worry, you'll find someone else - but he won't take this for an answer, he really wants to be with me. And as much an honour as that seems, I just want to be his friend. :shrug:

I will probably call him later and ask if he wants to have some drinks with us, but that's it really. I think to distance ourselves for a while would be good, or just to see each other in lower frequency.

Yeah, I will keep up my final comment on Screwtape's list. Weak ending IMO.

The Sad Punk said:

Yes, he's really nice and he's had a fairly tough time (his family house was destroyed by a volcano a few years ago and he came here only with his younger cousins), but he doesn't play the sympathy card which is of course good. I keep saying that don't worry, you'll find someone else - but he won't take this for an answer, he really wants to be with me. And as much an honour as that seems, I just want to be his friend. :shrug:

I will probably call him later and ask if he wants to have some drinks with us, but that's it really. I think to distance ourselves for a while would be good, or just to see each other in lower frequency.

Just remember to have patience with him. In situations where someone will inevitably be dropped, it's best to do it as gently as possible, especially if you have every intention to carry on a friendly relationship with them and if everything is seemingly "OK". A good way to do that is, like you said, to continue seeing them, but at a lesser frequency. I trust you'll do the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom