Blowhard Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only two I've listened to for DI4 is LM and LMP.

Liked LM's significantly better. My only big issue with LM's list is that it peaked with Summer '68 ... with about 18 tracks that followed it. Other than that, I enjoyed it.

LMP's just had no direction, no concept.

LemonMelon said:
I made this really, really cool playlist that I wanted to use as a film soundtrack. I can't use it for any album games because I did some editing to a few tracks to make them fit together, but I may upload it later and make a thread for it in B&C if any of you would be interested.

That sounds like it would be cool. :up:

Axver said:

Remind me what songs are on it. I know I've heard it but I forget which albums had what now. I haven't listened to any of his music in about two years.

1. Thunder Road
2. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
3. Night
4. Backstreets
5. Born to Run
6. She's the One
7. Meeting Across the River
8. Jungleland

(This is my favorite album of all-time, by the way.)

phillyfan26 said:
The only two I've listened to for DI4 is LM and LMP.

Liked LM's significantly better. My only big issue with LM's list is that it peaked with Summer '68 ... with about 18 tracks that followed it. Other than that, I enjoyed it.

I haven't listened to any for this tournament yet. I'll have to soon.

Axver said:

:lol: Given my obscure taste in music, don't give a shit about what I think!

Actually, I think Two Hearts Beat As One would've fit will in mine. :wink:

Axver said:

I haven't listened to any for this tournament yet. I'll have to soon.

Yes you will. I'm pacing myself. But soon if more links aren't posted I won't be able to. Hopefully more will be posted by tomorrow or Saturday.

phillyfan26 said:

1. Thunder Road
2. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
3. Night
4. Backstreets
5. Born to Run
6. She's the One
7. Meeting Across the River
8. Jungleland

(This is my favorite album of all-time, by the way.)

Ah yeah, I remember that. Not all too well. I wonder where I put Springsteen's albums, as I suppose I should play them again.

What I remember is the first three tracks bored me, Jungleland was too long, and the title track just lacks any kind of resonance or power as it lacks in delivery.

phillyfan26 said:

Mine has a strange concept, but I didn't write a paragraph to explain it. I thought the title of the 3 vinyls would serve well enough:

Shoes, Soda, and Earth.

Axver said:

:laugh: Looking at your tracklist now ... good songs in places, but yeah, mediocre. Not quite as predictably B&C cliche as LMP's stuff, though. I'm not surprised he's done so well. His tracklists perfectly fit the usual crowd there.

Our tastes just don't mesh. :shrug: For the record, I thought your DI3 list was your best so far. I'm quite surprised that it wasn't more successful, especially considering that it was your most accessible up to that point.

the tourist said:

That's one of my only problems with the games. I want to be able to edit bits here and there out of songs. Like when there is a little break and silence for like 20 seconds and then a 30 second bit that's an intro to the next track. I want to be able to edit that shit out. My playlist would've been different.

If I were still running it, I wouldn't object to silence being edited out. Editing the content of the track, however, I would never support.

Axver said:
Ah yeah, I remember that. Not all too well. I wonder where I put Springsteen's albums, as I suppose I should play them again.

What I remember is the first three tracks bored me, Jungleland was too long, and the title track just lacks any kind of resonance or power as it lacks in delivery.

I do think it's a cultural thing, too. I spend most of my summers on the Jersey Shore, so a lot of it resonates.

LemonMelon said:

Our tastes just don't mesh. :shrug: For the record, I thought your DI3 list was your best so far. I'm quite surprised that it wasn't more successful, especially considering that it was your most accessible up to that point.

I think the second half (Stewart Island) of my Desert Island III list is the best tracklist I have ever made. I still listen to it. I think I was doomed by its obscurity, though. Not enough people took the time to listen. Plus I admit there were too many songs involving Neil Finn (four!).

Personally, I think my Desert Island II submission was a bit more accessible.

phillyfan26 said:

I do think it's a cultural thing, too. I spend most of my summers on the Jersey Shore, so a lot of it resonates.

Yeah, definitely a cultural thing. As an intellectual Kiwi, I find relating to his American working class background to be almost impossible.

But then all the live stuff I've heard by him has been really good, so who knows.

BTW, I still maintain that Phanan completely deserved to win DI3. His list was incredible, one of the best ever in any tournament.

Axver said:
Yeah, definitely a cultural thing. As an intellectual Kiwi, I find relating to his American working class background to be almost impossible.

But then all the live stuff I've heard by him has been really good, so who knows.

He's awesome live, no doubt about it.

Hammersmith Odeon '75 :drool:

I do find Springsteen dull and overwrought much of the time, but I really like The Wild, The Innocent, And The E Street Shuffle. Very good album.

LemonMelon said:
BTW, I still maintain that Phanan completely deserved to win DI3. His list was incredible, one of the best ever in any tournament.

I'm not so sure. Some of it is really brilliant, there's no doubt that. The ending in particular is incredible, perhaps the best anybody's ever submitted.

But then some songs almost make me want to puke. Coldplay? The Postal Service? Radiohead? The White Stripes?

And I have a hard time taking any playlist seriously that features Gorillaz.

LemonMelon said:
I do find Springsteen dull and overwrought much of the time, but I really like The Wild, The Innocent, And The E Street Shuffle. Very good album.

See, I really don't like that album. Especially Rosalita. I remember really disliking that song.

Axver said:

See, I really don't like that album. Especially Rosalita. I remember really disliking that song.

What I've always liked about that record is its freewheeling quality, something most Springsteen albums do not possess. I actually have fun listening to it.

LemonMelon said:

What I've always liked about that record is its freewheeling quality, something most Springsteen albums do not possess. I actually have fun listening to it.

Remember: I'm no fun. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Check. You will indeed despise my DI4 list. Except for Summer '68, of course. :wink:

Summer '68. :drool:

Surely you've got other good stuff there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom