Blowhard Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Yours is the only one that has impressed me. Of the songs I know, the only rubbish track is that Broken Social Scene one. What a fucking terrible band. Otherwise - Pure Reason Revolution, Porcupine Tree, Passengers, The Edge, The Cure, Pink Floyd, etc. FUCK YES. :drool:

Though I expect that Genesis track to waste 22:50 of my life. They are the worst prog band I know.

As for the others ... I'm very, very conflicted about bono_212's tracklisting. Some absolute drivel there, stuff I could never vote for, and yet in the midst of it, Explosions In The Sky, Porcupine Tree, Joy Division ... some rounds may be a challenge to decide what to vote for.

I have failed Axver.

Axver said:
I am so killing And The Swallows Dance Above The Sun for myself.

Somebody tell me to stop repeating it or something. This is the fifth time in a row.

For the love of god, stop repeating it!!!!! JEEEEEEZ.......

How was that? :larry:

LemonMelon said:

For the love of god, stop repeating it!!!!! JEEEEEEZ.......

How was that? :larry:

Going to have to try harder. I was just away from the computer for a few minutes and came back and it sounds really fucking amazing. :drool:

phillyfan26 said:

I have failed Axver.

I haven't played it yet, but for the most part, I guess it just feels fairly standard. Which means you'll probably do really well as long as Jet doesn't lose you too many votes.

I do love the conclusion. Rowena's Theme --> The Birth And Death Of The Day. :drool:

I'm sure I would've failed Axver if I didn't have 2 PT albums. I don't have any Pink Floyd except what I've gotten so far from DI.

STOP PLAYING IT!

Axver said:
I haven't played it yet, but for the most part, I guess it just feels fairly standard. Which means you'll probably do really well as long as Jet doesn't lose you too many votes.

I do love the conclusion. Rowena's Theme --> The Birth And Death Of The Day. :drool:

I actually think the Streetlight Manifesto song is a bigger risk than the Jet song. I'm not a big Jet fan, but the song itself is not at all a normal sound for them, much simpler, piano based song.

The whole of Disc 2, Side B is something I'm proud of. I really liked that sequence, sonically and thematically.

Almost every tracklist in the entire history of the Desert Island tournaments has failed me! :lol:

Including that sack of crap I submitted for the very first tournament.

Axver said:

I haven't played it yet, but for the most part, I guess it just feels fairly standard. Which means you'll probably do really well

Yup. I feel the same way. I've just heard most of the songs so many damn times that once more is nice, but the power is lost. However, my list is equally standard and unspectacular in its artist choices. It's like my last list but with more variety and a concept.

phillyfan26 said:
STOP PLAYING IT!

I've decided to move on to Waiting (Phase One).

I actually think the Streetlight Manifesto song is a bigger risk than the Jet song. I'm not a big Jet fan, but the song itself is not at all a normal sound for them, much simpler, piano based song.

The whole of Disc 2, Side B is something I'm proud of. I really liked that sequence, sonically and thematically.

I honestly have never heard of Streetlight Manifesto.

The problem with Disc 2, Side B is tracks #2 and #4. They both suck. I don't expect to enjoy #1 or #3 either.

Axver said:
I honestly have never heard of Streetlight Manifesto.

The problem with Disc 2, Side B is tracks #2 and #4. They both suck. I don't expect to enjoy #1 or #3 either.

Intervention? That song is epic. My favorite Arcade Fire song.

Intervention > Devil's Arcade is quite epic, IMO.

So, I've really enjoyed Screwtape's list right up until Genesis. I'm 4.5 minutes in and I feel this song should be over already. :|

LemonMelon said:
Yup. I feel the same way. I've just heard most of the songs so many damn times that once more is nice, but the power is lost. However, my list is equally standard and unspectacular in its artist choices. It's like my last list but with more variety and a concept.

Mine's at least a bit different to what I've done before. Not in a way that will appeal to people, though.

Anybody listened to it yet? I did post it ...

Oh, and Streetlight Manifesto is a ... brace yourself ... ska/punk band.

Yeah, I went there.

phillyfan26 said:

Intervention? That song is epic. My favorite Arcade Fire song.

Intervention > Devil's Arcade is quite epic, IMO.

Note: I think The Arcade Fire are over-rated and over-hyped mundanity.

I've yet to download any lists from people in my group, but Axver, yours will be the first after that.

the tourist said:
So, I've really enjoyed Screwtape's list right up until Genesis. I'm 4.5 minutes in and I feel this song should be over already. :|

Yeah, Genesis sucks.

I haven't heard that song in particular, but ugh, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is the single most over-rated prog album in history. No wonder the genre is so despised in the mainstream nowadays. Shit like that killed it.

Axver said:
Note: I think The Arcade Fire are over-rated and over-hyped mundanity.

Note: I think that to a much lesser extent, you are correct. Was not all that impressed by "No Cars Go" or "Keep the Car Running."

Axver said:

I can agree with you there. :up:

Axver said:
Almost every tracklist in the entire history of the Desert Island tournaments has failed me! :lol:

Including that sack of crap I submitted for the very first tournament.

What do you feel was wrong with your first entry, specifically? Outside of some bizarre choices like placing two Joy Division songs next to each other and, of course, using the same artists over and over, which everyone did back then.

phillyfan26 said:
Oh, and Streetlight Manifesto is a ... brace yourself ... ska/punk band.

Yeah, I went there.

I'm not going to write off an entire genre.

Axver said:

Yeah, Genesis sucks.

I haven't heard that song in particular, but ugh, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is the single most over-rated prog album in history. No wonder the genre is so despised in the mainstream nowadays. Shit like that killed it.

This is my first encounter with Genesis. 8.5 minutes in. :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom