Blondie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

{paintedroses}

New Yorker
Any Blondie fans round here?

I only own the Greatest Hits album and Parallel Lines which I totally dig.. can anyone recommend which album I should buy next, or just show some appreciation for the beautiful Debbie Harry and her band?

I only have their Greatest Hits. :reject:
It is an excellent compilation though! :up:
And Fade Away And Radiate is just gorgeous! :drool:

Another one here who only owns the Greatest Hits.

When I was in kindergarten, my uncle lived with us (he was in high school). I used to listen to his Blondie 8-tracks all the time. It was the beginning of my passion for good rock music. :up:

blueeyedgirl said:
Debbie Harry - more than just a blonde, she's a goddess :bow:

deborah.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Read thread and had to listen to Call Me:
Colour me your colour, darling
I know who you are
Come up off your colour chart
I know where you're coming from.

Legendary song from a band who are a little under appreciated I think, although I do have to plead to guilty to only owning their greatest hits.

One thing that has always bothered me though is how does one 'Walk On Imported Air'? I could be being very stupid but I have absolutely no idea what this line means.

tarquinsuperb said:

One thing that has always bothered me though is how does one 'Walk On Imported Air'? I could be being very stupid but I have absolutely no idea what this line means.

I think its suggesting she's really important like I think of people like Mariah Carey who will only have a dressing room with imported French lilies or what have you. I think they are just taking that idea to the extreme. Even the air she walks on is imported.. I dunno this is just my interpretation :shrug:

Call Me is fabulous, one of my favourites. I also love Sunday Girl and Union City Blue. Of the two albums I have I don't think I'd skip one song, except maybe the Tide is High cos of how Atomic Kitten ruined it!:mad: :sad:

{paintedroses} said:
Of the two albums I have I don't think I'd skip one song, except maybe the Tide is High cos of how Atomic Kitten ruined it!:mad: :sad:

Luckily it isn't a Blondie original then. :wink: (I think The Paragons first recorded it)
That's a thing I noticed lately, when I heard quite a few songs I thought were Blondie originals, but they turned out to be covers. Yes, I knew of Denis and since a couple of years of The Tide Is High too. But recently I heard that I'm Gonna Love You Too also isn't a Blondie original.
Still, their own songs are quite brilliant too. :happy:

Popmartijn said:

Luckily it isn't a Blondie original then. :wink: (I think The Paragons first recorded it)
That's a thing I noticed lately, when I heard quite a few songs I thought were Blondie originals, but they turned out to be covers.

I hate it when that happens:(

Worst thing is when you hear someone else doing a song you think is a cover then it turns out they are the original artist! :reject:

{paintedroses} said:

I think its suggesting she's really important like I think of people like Mariah Carey who will only have a dressing room with imported French lilies or what have you. I think they are just taking that idea to the extreme. Even the air she walks on is imported.. I dunno this is just my interpretation :shrug:

That's probably right, I always wondered if it was a euphemism I hadn't heard of!

Moonlit_Angel said:
I like what I've heard by Blondie :yes:. They have some good songs.

That lyric in "Rapture" that was shared doesn't quite make sense-how exactly does someone "eat guitars/cars/bars"? Still a good song, though :).

Angela

It doesn't make much sense to me either. I don't think its supposed to be very deep, just a fun rap about an alien that likes to eat shit!:wink:

I saw Blondie in concert last year.It was bloody expensive but you could tell it was her voice a mile off,still sounds good even now.The only thing that ruined the gig for me was the bloody weirdo i had to sit next to but thats another story:ohmy:

BABY, I would like to go out tonight,
If I go with you my folks'll get up tight,
Stay at home Sunday Girl!

:D

I also only own The Greatest Hits. No-one's mentioned Atomic or Hanging on the Telephone yet!! Love the spoken start of X-Offender too. Heard Heart of Glass on the radio today and that rekindled my love for it. Touched By Your Presence Dear was good too. But Hanging On the Telephone is defo my favourite song by them.

Back
Top Bottom