Bloc Party - Weekend In The City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:

really? I absolutely love Where is Home?. The chorus is so powerful, and I love the odd structure of the song, as well as the drums. it's one of my favourites :drool:

Atomic, I think we disagree even within loving Bloc Party because I saw you put "Pioneers" in the 250 best songs thread, and I actually think that is the worst song off Silent Alarm. :lol:

Ahhh, well, at least we both agree that BP. are awesom and f*#^ng ROCK! :rockon:

:wink:

Pioneers is da best Bloc Party song everrrr :drool: the lyrics are amazing

If it can be broke then it can be fixed
If it can be fused then it can be split

It's all under control

If it can be lost then it can be won
If it can be touched then it can be turned

All you need is time

We promised the world we'd tame it, what were we hoping for?

A sense of purpose and a sense of skill
A sense of function but a disregard
We will not be the first, we won't
You said you were going to conquer new frontiers,
Go stick your bloody head in the jaws of the beast

We promised the world we'd tame it, what were we hoping for?

Breathe in, breathe out

So here we are reinventing the wheel
I'm shaking hands with a hurricane
It's a colour that I can't describe,
It's a language I can't understand
Ambition, tearing out the heart of you
Carving lines into you
Dripping down the sides of you

We will not be the last

and the drums and the way it just builds... how can you not love it :drool:

ah well, it's just like U2 fans, they can't agree on anything either :wink:

My favourite song from Silent Alarm is So Here We are, the song which made me sit up and take notice.....

And when I say Where Is Home is horrible, I mean from my first listen. Most songs are crap at first listen for me, meaning I derive noe enjoyment from the first time I hear a song.

It'll probably grow on me, but it still seems overly long... There is something very sweet about the chorus though, "reminded", the way it's sung...

So Here We Are is amazing. It feels like a dream. It's one of the first Bloc songs I heard, and it pretty much made me a fan.

Where is Home seemed a bit weird to me at first but once it hit the chrous I was like wow, this is pretty sweet. and now I love it.

I don't find Kele too bad as a lyricist...one of my favourite things about his songs are that they don't rhyme. I like that. Some of his lyrics are clunkers, but I think not rhyming gives him more freedom. He has a certain rhythm to his lyrics that I don't see a lot...there's something I can't quite place, but I know I like it.

A Weekend in the City has a more direct lyrical style from Kele... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but overall I love how it's basically a concept album. I like albums that are really albums, where all the songs go together. Bono, take note :wink:

just give me moments, not hours or days.

so here we are was the first bloc party song i heard. i really liked it because it was pretty sounding and coldplay-like; kinda funny, since it wasn't really representative of silent alarm. but it did get me into them and i checked out the rest of the album (which is great obviously)

Like Eating Glass.

It was the first thing I ever heard from them and, to this day, still my favorite.

OMG that song KICKS ASS!!!!

:drool: :drool: :rockon: :rockon: :combust: :combust:

(I swear I went BALLISTIC when I heard the first opening strains of it when I saw them live. Abolutely MENTAL I was!!!!)

The first song I heard was Banquet on a TV comercial:wink: But it was never my favourite, and I can't say I have one... The first on that got stuck on my mind was Plans... I love the atmosphere of that song...

I Still Remember is the most amazing tune I've heard this year. I'm digging it more and more everyday.

A most perfect tune. Arguably Kele O's greatest lyrical moment.

FitzChivalry said:
Like Eating Glass.

It was the first thing I ever heard from them and, to this day, still my favorite.

OMG that song KICKS ASS!!!!

:drool: :drool: :rockon: :rockon: :combust: :combust:

(I swear I went BALLISTIC when I heard the first opening strains of it when I saw them live. Abolutely MENTAL I was!!!!)

it's so cooold in thiiiiiiiiis hooooouse

:drool: yeah, the crowd really goes ballistic for LEG, as well as Positive Tension... seem to be fan favourites.

I still insist that Uniform is the best song from A Weekend. So epic :drool: it was one of my faves live too.

FitzChivalry said:

Atomic, I think we disagree even within loving Bloc Party because I saw you put "Pioneers" in the 250 best songs thread, and I actually think that is the worst song off Silent Alarm. :lol:

Ahhh, well, at least we both agree that BP. are awesom and f*#^ng ROCK! :rockon:

:wink:

Pioneers is proabably my favorite off of Silent Alarm,
with Banquet and Like Eating Glass a close second.

The entire album is great though!

Back
Top Bottom