Bloc Party - "Another Weekend in the City" B-Sides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerhour24

ONE love, blood, life
Anybody else heard these? This band never ceases to impress, even on "unreleased" tracks.

As you can tell by my sig, I LOVE Bloc Party :D I'll definitely check these out. I already have a lot of the AWITC bsides - Vision of Heaven, Rhododendrons, Secrets, The Once and Future King, Cain Said to Abel - but I know there's some I don't have. so thanks :up:

Bloc Party amazes me in that they have very few if any songs I dislike. B-sides, unreleased, whatever - it's all good! Rhododendrons and Vision of Heaven are especially :drool: - worthy

i can upload some older unreleased stuff if people want...

annie_vox said:
^^ have you seen the live? I'm going to see them for the first time next month... I think it will be good;)

Yep, I saw them in Chicago during the first American leg of the AWITC tour. Awesome, awesome show. I had GA and ended up in the very front. They put on a very energetic show and the crowd was really into it. They even came back for a second encore to play Pioneers, my fave Bloc song :love:

pics! (took these will my cell so they're not the best quality)

russel.jpg

bp3.jpg

bp1.jpg

bp2.jpg

just wait til ya hear Song for Clay and Positive Tension live... :drool:

Yeah I don't know where these came from originally, I found the link today on a facebook group.

Haven't heard the B-Sides yet, but will do so later.

Kreuzberg, Waiting For The 7.18, Uniform, I Still Remember

As for the original album my favorites have to be: I Still Remember, Hunting For Witches, Song For Clay (Disappear Here), and I also quite like 7.18, Sunday...oh who am I kidding I love the whole thing.

It seems like it's wrong to prefer or sometimes to even like AWITC, but where Silent Alarm was a great if inauspicious debut, this album showed they're ready to be more than another brit-pop or British indie rock band that are all coming up at the same time, the album weaves some really dark and powerful poetry on a number of contemporary issues, and pushes their sound further, making them more distinct than some of their contemporaries.

Yep Weekend kicks Silent Alarms arse in almost every respect.

The only thing Weekend lacks is So Here We Are

Back
Top Bottom