Bloc Party! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2005, 10:55 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 06:54 PM
Bloc Party!

okay, i couldn't find a thread here for bloc party so i decided to fix that. if you haven't heard of them yet, you will soon. insanely catchy dance-rock, sorta like franz ferdinand, but also sounds like the police. plus, their lead singer sounds like robert smith, which is always a good thing.

they're already getting hyped massively in the music press. i tell ya, these guys are gonna be the next arcade fire. except they DON'T suck!

anyway, check them out. my work here is done.

Old 03-27-2005, 11:20 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:54 PM
Meh. I find them to be tolerable, but if I hear Helicopter one more time... well, I don't know what I'll do.

Something. Something that may involve cynical and witless comments.

Old 03-28-2005, 07:43 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:54 AM
crap, overhyped group. i heard one or two songs before coming to that conclusion and they went NOWHERE!
Old 03-28-2005, 07:57 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:54 PM
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by blahblahblah
crap, overhyped group. i heard one or two songs before coming to that conclusion and they went NOWHERE!
They are a new band, how can they have went nowhere? I've heard a few songs by them and they seem alright, they seem to be getting a lot of attention recently, there's a lot of threads about them on another forum I go to with mainly British posters, I really don't know what blahblahblah is talking about because it seems to me like they are going to be pretty popular.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:36 AM   #5
MacPhisto's serving wench

Local Time: 01:54 PM
hey lara, what forum is this that you go to? I love british music and am looking for a forum that discusses it a bit more.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:23 AM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:54 PM
I have a friend from Dublin who insisted I check these guys out; Now, usually I don't get most music news until it's old to other people, but I was glad he pointed me in the direction of Bloc Party. I rather liked the stuff I've heard; Banquet especially.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:32 AM   #7
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by cujo
Meh. I find them to be tolerable, but if I hear Helicopter one more time... well, I don't know what I'll do.

Something. Something that may involve cynical and witless comments.
Get out of Canada. Actually, dont. I only wish radio/tv played things even close to being as enjoyable as Bloc Party where I am! Stay where you are, buddy boy, and stop complaining. You could be listening to "Hangin' By a Moment" still, I seriously heard that on the radio a few weeks ago. Screw you radio, screw you.

Back to Bloc Party, I've only heard one of their songs, and I like it quite a bit. I wouldnt mind checking out the album.

About the comment about being like Arcade Fire, except they dont suck..... I'll have your fingers broken for that, and your ears checked for being filled with poopoo.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:45 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing
hey lara, what forum is this that you go to? I love british music and am looking for a forum that discusses it a bit more.
Its the Embrace music forum (www.embrace.co.uk). They have one messy general forum but you'll find a lot of music discussion threads. http://www.embrace.co.uk/forums/index.php

I have to agree with u2popmofo, I found out about the Arcade Fire by reading the threads here in B&C and checked them out, because the album wasn't released here yet a nice Interferencer sent me a copy. I have to admit they are really good, a real change from the other music around at the moment. It's been a cd I've listened to most this year. I wish they'd get more attention here.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:54 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Bloc Party!

Quote:
Originally posted by bollox

they're already getting hyped massively in the music press. i tell ya, these guys are gonna be the next arcade fire. except they DON'T suck!

and yet you just made a thread about the bloc party, right?

this doesn't seem somewhat wrong to you?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:05 PM   #10
New Yorker

I like them, actually. Very similar to a lot of what I'm hearing now, I guess, but still....I like them.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:07 AM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

What I've heard, I've liked.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:22 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen
I really don't know what blahblahblah is talking about because it seems to me like they are going to be pretty popular.
So because YOU think they're going to be pretty popular my opinion is invalid?

Quote:
They are a new band, how can they have went nowhere?
I said I heard a few songs and the songs went nowhere? Can you really hold it against me? I think the song was called 'Blue Light'...what the hell is that?! Boring, monotonous tripe I THOUGHT was going to turn into something but suddenly spluttered to a halt after the drums FINALLY started!

I'm sorry, this kind of music REALLY doesn't float my boat and to try and pass it off as something better by simply sticking the tag 'ART ROCK' on it is rubbish. Sorry, just the way I feel.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:47 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by blahblahblah

So because YOU think they're going to be pretty popular my opinion is invalid?

I said I heard a few songs and the songs went nowhere? Can you really hold it against me? I think the song was called 'Blue Light'...what the hell is that?! Boring, monotonous tripe I THOUGHT was going to turn into something but suddenly spluttered to a halt after the drums FINALLY started!

I'm sorry, this kind of music REALLY doesn't float my boat and to try and pass it off as something better by simply sticking the tag 'ART ROCK' on it is rubbish. Sorry, just the way I feel.
If it had of been anyone else who said it I would have said the same thing.

I said I didn't know what you were talking about because you said
Quote:
i heard one or two songs before coming to that conclusion and they went NOWHERE!
I thought the they was referring to the band. It wasn't that clear, at least to me, anyway.

I don't like lots of other music that folks really like around here. They like it. I don't. I couldn't care less if you thought Bloc Party were the worst band in existence and I didn't say anything abuot you not liking them. Fair enough. I didn't but I thought you were saying they went nowhere and for a new band to go nowehere, well, that doesn't make much sense, does it?

I don't think my opinion is any more valid than anyone elses here but I am allowed to voice it, as is everyone else. I hate when people jump down my throat though and think I'm having a go. Most of what I say around here is probably not paid much attention to. I don't think that my opinion is anymore right than anyone elses.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:19 PM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

You could be listening to "Hangin' By a Moment" still, I seriously heard that on the radio a few weeks ago. Screw you radio, screw you.

it's official. sorry, mofo, but there is no god. there can't be if you're still hearing that thing on the radio.

actually, i think you're hearing it because life house are releasing a new album (maybe it's out already). i just noticed the other day that itunes was trying to tell me that i wanted to buy it
Old 03-30-2005, 01:35 PM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored

it's official. sorry, mofo, but there is no god. there can't be if you're still hearing that thing on the radio.

actually, i think you're hearing it because life house are releasing a new album (maybe it's out already). i just noticed the other day that itunes was trying to tell me that i wanted to buy it

Oh god no... Oh wait, there is none.

Tags
bloc party