Bloc Party!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i bought their album but wasn't too impressed by it. the singles they released are superb. banquet and helicopter were great rockers. 'So here we are' was the one that made me go and buy the album but it was a bit of an anti-climax.

good band still, just a bit overrated.

BUMP!!

im so proud of my little thread, it's still going after i started it lo these many months ago.

anyway, i saw them philadelphia a couple of weeks ago, and the show completely rocked! really fun & energetic show. a nice surprise, for some reason i thought they would be another band that was great on record but would completely suck live *cough*interpol*cough*

I like Silent Alarm quite a bit. The singer's voice gets on my nerves sometimes, but the band as a whole show some promise on the album. The music is quite interesting. "Like Eating Glass" is a good song. :up:

I almost got the remixed Silent Alarm today

but I opted for the new Grandaddy EP

bollox said:
i thought they would be another band that was great on record but would completely suck live *cough*interpol*cough*

I've seen Interpol three times. And al three times they were GREAT live.

I was in town, but missed the Philly show (Bloc Party) :(

I've seen them three times since last summer. The first time (august 04) I didn't have a clue who they were. The second time (January 05) I knew the singles and they got the crowd going. The third time (July 05) I had Silent Alarm and they rocked.

I like the album. Maybe a little overrated as there are some duff tracks, but they are a good new British indie band so we make all the fuss we can about them :p

I'll be seeing them December 3rd this year in Paradiso Amsterdam. 'So Here We Are' is easily one of the best songs of the last year. Try singing along with it as hard as you can (or your neighbours will allow you) and you will believe!!

Hmmm, some people here compared them to Franz Ferdinand. This is wrong; Franz Ferdinand are a bunch of whining, dreadfully boring nerds, whereas Bloc Party are übercool! Jawohl.... :wink:

Last edited:
I feel like i should really like Bloc Party for some reason..and it's strange because i remember hearing snippets of "helicopter" on mtv's 'you hear it first' and thinking it was annoying. But all of a sudden I've become quite curious about them. Starting to think maybe they're worth a listen.

zonelistener said:

I've seen Interpol three times. And al three times they were GREAT live.

I was in town, but missed the Philly show (Bloc Party) :(

sorry you missed it.

i've seen interpol twice, and both times they were completely emotionless twats more concerned with looking cool than with putting any feeling in the music they played.

but their tailored suits looked great.

"She's Hearing Voices" is really catchy, but I'm still not tired of it, probably because it actually is a good song.
Banquet and Like Eating Glass are also awesome

I read somewhere that they'll be releasing their next album early in 2007.

Tilli said:
I read somewhere that they'll be releasing their next album early in 2007.

Think the other "next Big thing" of 2005 Kaiser Chiefs are releasing one at a similar time too.

Silent Alarm is good though, a few tracks too long though.....

Back
Top Bottom