Bloc Party! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2005, 03:51 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:27 AM
Haha! I take it all back. 'Luno' kicks ass...heh

Old 04-13-2005, 06:20 PM   #32
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 05:27 PM
I'm really enjoying their album. It more than exceeded anything I was expecting.

Old 05-19-2005, 08:05 AM   #33
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:27 PM
Just got the album, didn't like it on first listen, too many ideas. After a few listens I really started to like it. I don't see the Franz Ferdinand connection other than the dance-y feel to some of the songs. They are definitely a group influenced by both Radiohead and U2. I can't wait to see where they go from here, I think as they mature they will sort out a lot of the problems on Silent Alarm.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:49 AM   #34
Refugee

Local Time: 12:27 AM
got the album also. sounds great. i agree that there's too many ideas but it's their own ideas, which makes it sound somehow innovative. it's not just recycling stuff with 20 years as franz ferdinand do.
let's see where they go. the singer's voice is interesting too.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:13 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:57 AM
Well, I'll be different and declare I love it, loved it from the time I heard their first song on the radio.

I'm actually pretty peeved cos they're coming to Australia in July and I can't see them!!! They're only doing 2 club dates, the one I was going to go to is ALREADY SOLD OUT and it's too far for me to go the festival (Byron Bay festival - with Finn Brothers, Ryan Adams, Interpol and others ) Bloc Party are playing at. I'm sorry but that's not a tour, it's just flying over the top of the country.

Bands do this to Australian fans far too often!
Old 05-20-2005, 08:16 AM   #36
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by bedouin fire
got the album also. sounds great. i agree that there's too many ideas but it's their own ideas, which makes it sound somehow innovative. it's not just recycling stuff with 20 years as franz ferdinand do.
let's see where they go. the singer's voice is interesting too.

Yeah I agree. They do sound more innovative than franz ferdinand. Perhaps a new rock fued?
Old 05-25-2005, 11:07 PM   #37
Refugee

Local Time: 03:27 PM
I've liked "Banquet" for quite some time, man that guy can sing some high notes. The rest of the album is good though?, or should I just get the single?

Adam name-checked them recently.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:20 AM   #38
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by thrillme
I've liked "Banquet" for quite some time, man that guy can sing some high notes. The rest of the album is good though?, or should I just get the single?

Adam name-checked them recently.

Get the album. There are songs that I like better than Banquet and Banquet was the reason I bought it. Its full of great ideas and some really genius parts. I'm very excited to see where they go from here.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:56 PM   #39
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by TheRooster

Get the album. There are songs that I like better than Banquet and Banquet was the reason I bought it. Its full of great ideas and some really genius parts. I'm very excited to see where they go from here.
Glad to see you seem to be liking the album a little more now. I've been freaking addicted to it the last few weeks. I saw them play last night in SLC, they tore the roof off of the place. FANTASTIC live show, I recommend everyone who has the chance to go check them out (and check the album out). I'll probably post a review of the concert later today or this weekend in my journal (I'll provide a link here if/when I do).

I just want to say it again, they put on a FANTASTIC show!
Old 05-26-2005, 03:15 PM   #40
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

Glad to see you seem to be liking the album a little more now. I've been freaking addicted to it the last few weeks. I saw them play last night in SLC, they tore the roof off of the place. FANTASTIC live show, I recommend everyone who has the chance to go check them out (and check the album out). I'll probably post a review of the concert later today or this weekend in my journal (I'll provide a link here if/when I do).

It was only on the first few listens I wasn't impressed. The songs seem very cluttered with ideas. After numerous listens they still do. But there are some points where you just sit back and go "Damn, thats pretty good". It has really grown on me. But thats why I'm looking forward to their next few albums. They will grow more confident and be able to restrain themselves a little better and then I think they will just blow up the joint to borrow a phrase from the rap world. If I had to rate the cd it would be 7-8 out of ten.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:13 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

DON'T tell me this! I'm going to miss them when they come visit the eastern states of Australia. Tell me they were crap, it would make it easier!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:28 AM   #42
The Fly

Local Time: 06:27 AM
This modern love ....
Old 06-12-2005, 10:36 AM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

I farggin LOVE Bloc Party... I downloaded something called the "Peel Session" way back last fall or something on an mp3 blog... it had So Here We Are, Tulips, Luno, and Compliments. I was just blown away. The WOWY-like buildup of So Here We Are, the insanely simple yet catchy Tulips, the raw angry energy of Luno, and the darkness of Compliments, almost reminiscent of Love is Blindness. I think I love every song I've ever heard by this band. Pioneers and Plans both have what I think of as War-era drums... This Modern Love is a masterpiece... omg I love Bloc Party

I do worry that they'll suffer from overexposure, they're one of NME's bands to promote to death it seems...and I dunno about you but I got sick of seeing Franz Ferdinand all the bloody time (and I DO like Franz, I think Bloc Party is way better though, they're really only similiar in songs like Banquet).
Old 06-12-2005, 12:29 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:27 AM
I've downloade the Black Session from French Radio. And it is absolutely FANTASTIC. Awesome live performers.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:03 AM   #45
Blue Meth Addict

They're on Conan Obrien tonight (Tuesday, June 14th). Everyone make sure to check it out.

Tags
bloc party