blink 182 spin-off thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Se7en

Rock n' Roll Doggie
i saw the blink thread in lemonade stand, and while i was baffled by its poetic beauty, i thought maybe i'd start a blink thread in these parts. :wink:

i was just wondering if anyone had picked up their latest self-titled album? i think it's wonderful. i like a lot of blink's stuff, granted i don't take them to be musical geniuses or anything, but it's catchy nonetheless. anyway, i think that the latest album is a huge step forward for these guys in both maturity and artistry. i wasn't very impressed with it upon first listen, but it has really grown on me. stand out tracks for me include - violence, asthenia, and i'm lost without you.

please keep your omg stfu ur so ghey loser comments to yourself if you couldn't care less about this. :sexywink: :

everything before their last album sucked.

the three singles i heard from the last one however, were quite decent. by that i mean, if i hear it on the radio, i won't necessarily turn it away, but i also won't spend time downloading them either.

I like it. They get a bit too much flack. They're not amazing by any means. But the harmonies in "I'm Feeling This," especially at the end, are gorgeous

I adore their latest album... I never really liked Blink until I bought it. I agree that Down was an odd choice for a single... shoulda picked Stockholm Syndrome. That song is brilliant and by far the best on the album. Punk at its best.

i liked 'feeling this'. i heard the rest of the album and found that song was a fluke.

i still can't quite bring myself to dl the track with robert smith. i mean, it's robert and all that but i don't think i could stand hearing... the other guy. whatever he's called. :|

IWasBored said:
i liked 'feeling this'. i heard the rest of the album and found that song was a fluke.

i'm surprised by this. i think it's the most "blink 182-ish" song on the album, and that probably explains the choice for it being the first single...but i don't think it is nearly the strongest song on the album. i suggest you give it a few more listens.

yes, the track with robert smith is quite good. not blink 182-ish at all.

Se7en said:

i'm surprised by this. i think it's the most "blink 182-ish" song on the album, and that probably explains the choice for it being the first single...but i don't think it is nearly the strongest song on the album. i suggest you give it a few more listens.

yes, the track with robert smith is quite good. not blink 182-ish at all.

if you take into considering the majority of my music taste, you wouldn't be surprised at all. i'm not an artsy indie rock person at all.

IWasBored said:

if you take into considering the majority of my music taste, you wouldn't be surprised at all. i'm not an artsy indie rock person at all.

fair enough.

also, blink 182 is definitely not punk at its best. they are like post-punk or something...especially after the last album.

i LOVE the song with robert smith, "all of this." the albums is pretty good ... but the main reason i like blink is that the teenagers that worship them are at least moving in the right direction and not listening to crappy rap/r&b. maybe some angst-ridden punk kid will pick up the cure's greatest hits because of that song...

Argh! You are all freaks! :eyebrow:

Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat are awsome.
Everything since then has been pretty awful.

Maybe that is just because I liked those albums when I was younger... but still. Gah! You all have the opposite opinion to me...

What about Buddha? :sexywink:

I like all their stuff. Some more than others. I don't have high expecations for them, and I don't tout them as musical genius types. So I enjoy them for what they are. They're fun, and at least they're trying to mature. But I happen to think TOYPAJ is stronger than Cheshire Cat, personally. And this new album is easily their best.

Back
Top Bottom