bling bling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
8206478_240X180.jpg

Designer Makes Brooches From Roaches
Insects Kept On Leash

POSTED: 7:11 am PST March 23, 2006
UPDATED: 8:40 am PST March 23, 2006

SALT LAKE CITY -- The latest thing in spring jewelry moves while you have it on.

A designer in Salt Lake City has come up with a brooch made from a roach.

The bejeweled insects are kept on a leash, giving them room to roam over your coordinated top.

The brooches cost $40 in the store and $80 if purchased online.

The name of the Salt Lake City store where the broaches are available is Black Chandelier.

ok this is just a little gross :yuck:
not to mention isn't it slightly inhumane even if it is just a little icky roach?

i wonder what the PETA people will say about it :tsk:

Yeah, I saw that on America's Next Top Model last week. :shifty: er, not that I watch that. :shifty: okay i do.

Anyway. if I had to have a roach on me i'd like it to be bedazzled and on a leash. :D

who is the GENIUS that came up with that idea? and how the hell was the idea presented?

"uh yeah guys, I've got these GREAT idea for jewelry...y'see what it is is...I mean, what I'm trying to do is...what I mean to say...is...it's a COCKROACH...with jewelry on it...and you can, like...wear it. like jewelry. because it is jewelry. with a cockroach. yeah."

talk about overly judgmental & straight-laced! i don't know why i hang out 'round you people!

ya'll have no flair, no style. . .no substance!

that's right, continue to blindly put on your daily work uniform. . . kakhi Docker pants, while Polo shirt, black Hsh Puppies & Swatch watch! :LameAsses: :conformists: :down:

TripThruUreWires said:
talk about overly judgmental & straight-laced! i don't know why i hang out 'round you people!

ya'll have no flair, no style. . .no substance!

that's right, continue to blindly put on your daily work uniform. . . kakhi Docker pants, while Polo shirt, black Hsh Puppies & Swatch watch! :LameAsses: :conformists: :down:

lol

Stoooopid and pointless, but there just might be a market for them :D

I saw that on morning news a couple of days ago and I don't believe that PETA's said anything in regards to them. I suppose since they're just bugs, really and not animals, then there really is no problem to it.

What about the disease and germ factors with these cockroaches?

They're only cockroaches... but to stick gaudy jewels on them and to call that a form of jewerly... is just too over the top. I don't really see anyone who's going to wear a bug on themselves.

Oh yeah, don't forget to feed their sugar rushes often. I saw how they kept the bugs, in this like cake pan (with the plastic covers) and they were just eating this raspberry jam looking thing. Mmmm.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I don't get it....if this keeps up....it'll be a snake or something bigger with jewels on it that you can wear on your shirt :shrug:

:drool: THAT would be killer. i've always wanted to have a pet snake and wear it around my neck to school and see if anyone says anything :wink:

Back
Top Bottom