Blind Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kariann

ONE love, blood, life
Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jea
A friend from work has been wanting to set me up with one of her boyfriend's friends and I'm not so sure based on pictures and what I've been told that he is anything near what I like in a guy. The big meeting is supposed to be tomorrow. For some reason everyone around me is more concerned with my apparent single status than I am...I can be just as happy on my own. The only person I really trust to do such a thing is my best friend that I have known since elementary school since she knows what I am truly like.

I really dont like blind dates or being set up. I hate that pressure of having to try to impress someone or live up to what they have been told about you.

I was wondering what are everyone elses thoughts on blind dates etc.

you should go. they're fun.

I've been on more than I wish to share and none of them turned into anything but I liked the adventure in the whole idea of not knowing what to expect.

Who knows, you could really like him!

One time, I had a blind date...and he took me to Radio Shack. :der:

That was it. That was the whole date. :|

There was no second date.

Bonochick said:

I had that happen, only it was a dog park. He spent more time talking baby talk to his dog then he talked to me. Including travel time, we were together and hour and 20 minutes. He picked me up promtly at noon, according to my kitchen clock. I walked back into the kitchen at 1:20.

I had a blind date once..he was a nice guy, but the girl who set us up was determined that we were going to get married (this was in high school). We both kinda agreed that while the other person was nice there was no love connection....no matter how much we told our friend this...some people are so thick. :laugh:

arw9797 said:

He picked me up promtly at noon, according to my kitchen clock. I walked back into the kitchen at 1:20.

LMAO. Oy, blind dates can suck. I've never been on one that went anywhere, but I still believe that the best way to meet people is through friends.

Well the meeting has been postponed until next week at a dinner party type of get together our mutual friend is having. I am a little happier about this since I dont think I'll feel as trapped in a group atmosphere. I guess there was some kind of family thing that came up.

Bonochick-

Radio Shack? Oh my...that's bad.

Andre the Giant and Ben Affleck combined?!?! :laugh:

I've never been on a blind date- they sound like very, um, interesting experiences, but I'd be willing to give one a try (as long as it didn't involve Radio Shack). :D

One of the last guys I was set up with was nice but I couldnt get over the fact that when we stood up the top of my head came to his shoulders...I'm 5'2" and had on heels. All I could think was if I ever wanted to kiss the guy I would need a stepladder!

He ended up killing the whole thing when he sent me an email saying how he had a good time etc. an hour after we met. I need a little space and that kind of freaked me out...too soon for me.

Bonochick said:

Aw, maybe he knew about you getting turned on by computer/electronic talk :laugh: My one and only blind date was at Denny's. We went with the friend who set us up. My date spent the whole date talking to our mutual friend who set us up :der:

I was thinking, any kind of date would be good.... blind or not
(may be a good thing if my date was blind).
I see "tour dates" have come up in the similar threads. That would be the best date for me.....
U2-Brisbane asap
I digress.
I wasn't single for all that long, so this happened years ago. It was once suggested I go on a blind date but I declined the offer. Some time later, I met a young man at a party and found him rather delightful ( fond memories of Tim Buckley). Turned out, he was the intended blind date.
you sometimes have to wonder...what if?
that's my little parable/yarn

so I'd say trust your old friend, take opportunities, but don't feel pressured.
enjoy the dinner party, bono appetit :)

Last edited:
My friend in New York set me up on a blind date here in Minnesota. She met the woman in Laguardia Airport.

She was nice - but I think she was convinced I was gay. Kind of an odd streak last Spring.

Back
Top Bottom