Bland Place, Otara, Auckland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't you! It was Guggi and Gavin Friday! There should be a warning on the outside of the CD if those two and Edge's brother are gonna be mostly naked in the liner notes.

<--Just bought a Virgin Prunes album.

:yikes:

Were they ripping off Achtung? :wink:

Fixed for myself. I was on here and listening to bootlegs during my high school formal. To this day, I think I made the right decision. What a fucking waste of time that would've been.

And Schoolies is for dickheads.

:lol:

Depends what you do for school 99% of those who go up to Queensland are, most of my friends stayed in victoria, and just went in their friendship groups....I meanwhile just worked!

:lol:

Depends what you do for school 99% of those who go up to Queensland are, most of my friends stayed in victoria, and just went in their friendship groups....I meanwhile just worked!

Yeah, all the wankers who come to the Gold Coast and trash the place and push old ladies down stairs and whatnot can just go fuck off. We don't need them.

For Schoolies ... uh ... I was barely aware of it. I just did what I normally do. Then again, I do that all the time. Who do you think posts on Interference on Christmas Day? Me. Not because I'm some serious addict (though I am). Just because I like to stick to my normal routine when I can.

:yikes:

Were they ripping off Achtung? :wink:
Nope. Loincloths. And war paint. The second half is even more :yikes:

To Gavin Friday and Guggi Q: Never wear drag again. And certainly never put a member of the Evans family in it. The One sessions were frightening enough. Thank you.

And this was released in 1982, so technically, Achtung is ripping off the Prunes. So there ya go.

Yeah, all the wankers who come to the Gold Coast and trash the place and push old ladies down stairs and whatnot can just go fuck off. We don't need them.

For Schoolies ... uh ... I was barely aware of it. I just did what I normally do. Then again, I do that all the time. Who do you think posts on Interference on Christmas Day? Me. Not because I'm some serious addict (though I am). Just because I like to stick to my normal routine when I can.

Yeah, I kinda think of interference as a "normal addiction". Its no different to hanging out with your friends and talking crap for hours on end......which is what we're doing anyway :giggle:

I hate no interest in schoolies either, my folks offered to pay for me to go, but I just basically said that I'd prefer to earn some money instead of go away.

Nope. Loincloths. And war paint. The second half is even more :yikes:

To Gavin Friday and Guggi Q: Never wear drag again. And certainly never put a member of the Evans family in it. The One sessions were frightening enough. Thank you.

And this was released in 1982, so technically, Achtung is ripping off the Prunes. So there ya go.

:yikes: That sounds ... terrifying.

And since U2 invented every idea ever, the Prunes must have ... ripped a hole in space-time and used one of those funky wormholes from your astrophysics to go to 1991 and rip off Achtung.

Yeah, I kinda think of interference as a "normal addiction". Its no different to hanging out with your friends and talking crap for hours on end......which is what we're doing anyway :giggle:

I hate no interest in schoolies either, my folks offered to pay for me to go, but I just basically said that I'd prefer to earn some money instead of go away.

Hah, yeah, exactly. That's how I like to rationalise it. And you and I are good at talking crap, it seems!

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 908
User Name Posts
bono_man2002 151
KhanadaRhodes 128
Axver 118

Let's see if you can hold on long enough to beat me. :wink:

Mum was quite happy to pay for me to go to the US to see U2 and whatnot rather than pay for me to go to the formal and Schoolies and all that stupid pointless high school shit. Why would I go anyway? Why would I want to hang out with people who I'd hung out with for five years already and didn't like?

:yikes: That sounds ... terrifying.

And since U2 invented every idea ever, the Prunes must have ... ripped a hole in space-time and used one of those funky wormholes from your astrophysics to go to 1991 and rip off Achtung.
:hmm: They do have an Evans brother. It could happen...

Hah, yeah, exactly. That's how I like to rationalise it. And you and I are good at talking crap, it seems!

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 908
User Name Posts
bono_man2002 151
KhanadaRhodes 128
Axver 118

Let's see if you can hold on long enough to beat me. :wink:

Mum was quite happy to pay for me to go to the US to see U2 and whatnot rather than pay for me to go to the formal and Schoolies and all that stupid pointless high school shit. Why would I go anyway? Why would I want to hang out with people who I'd hung out with for five years already and didn't like?

Exactly :yes:

We are good at talking crap (and AFL :wink:) I want to go to bed, but I also wanna hold off and "win" one of these superthreads....just for the satisfaction of holding off interferences biggest postwhore (okay....so your not carek!)

I will DIE of laughter if I put these in iTunes and graceNote recognises them. I really will.

We are good at talking crap (and AFL :wink:) I want to go to bed, but I also wanna hold off and "win" one of these superthreads....just for the satisfaction of holding off interferences biggest postwhore (okay....so your not carek!)

:lmao: We're nearly there! Shame I won't come in third. This is my 120th post on the thread, and with over 80 more still to go, there's no way only seven of those will be mine, so I'll soon pass Khan's 128.

But it seems uni is definitely cramping the postwhoring a touch!

Don't tell me Dik is leeching intelligence off Edge? Copycats. They're no better than Coldplay. :tsk:
fix'd.

They're certainly more interesting to listen to and watch than Coldplay. Just...no drag or loincloths please. I'll spare you all the PLEBAn thought I just had though, :lol:

fix'd.

They're certainly more interesting to listen to and watch than Coldplay. Just...no drag or loincloths please. I'll spare you all the PLEBAn thought I just had though, :lol:

Oh, that's right. I always spell his name wrong right wrong.

Every band is just like Coldplay. They're all using instruments and sounds and songs U2 invented. Like singing! Bono invented singing. Why does he let other people get away with ripping him off? :tsk:

Oh, except that Chris Martin DID invent the piano.

Oh, that's right. I always spell his name wrong right wrong.

Every band is just like Coldplay. They're all using instruments and sounds and songs U2 invented. Like singing! Bono invented singing. Why does he let other people get away with ripping him off? :tsk:

Oh, except that Chris Martin DID invent the piano.
So Edge is ripping HIM off playing it in New Year's Day and Miss Sarajevo? :tsk: Edge!

:lmao: We're nearly there! Shame I won't come in third. This is my 120th post on the thread, and with over 80 more still to go, there's no way only seven of those will be mine, so I'll soon pass Khan's 128.

But it seems uni is definitely cramping the postwhoring a touch!

Hehe, I've almost made somewhere between 250-300 posts in the past 2 days :crazy:

I'm back baby!

george_costanza.jpg

Kiwi pop-rock band. I bet Daniel's laughing at me.

I mainly just like the song Everyone (Moving On) and I was rather disappointed when they didn't play it when I saw them open for Split Enz.

Why would I be laughing? I like Evermore too. Not so much now, but I saw them live in 2006, and they were really good! Great live band....

But i've since lost interest in them.

So Edge is ripping HIM off playing it in New Year's Day and Miss Sarajevo? :tsk: Edge!

One day during high school, Edge was mucking around in the science room, tore apart space-time for a few seconds, and while peeking through the small hole, he spied a piano and had just enough strength and speed to reach through and drag it back to his time before the hole closed. He rationalised it as ripping off a ripoff merchant, which I am sure we can all agree is justifiable logic.

:lmao: RECOGNISED THE VIRGIN PRUNES!

iTunes, you never cease to entertain.

One day during high school, Edge was mucking around in the science room, tore apart space-time for a few seconds, and while peeking through the small hole, he spied a piano and had just enough strength and speed to reach through and drag it back to his time before the hole closed. He rationalised it as ripping off a ripoff merchant, which I am sure we can all agree is justifiable logic.
Of course. But! How do you then explain the 40-some years of pop music before U2 formed?

Why would I be laughing? I like Evermore too. Not so much now, but I saw them live in 2006, and they were really good! Great live band....

But i've since lost interest in them.

Because it's me and who'd think I'd dig them? But Everyone is a fantastic song, and some others are very listenable too. I enjoyed them when they opened for Split Enz.

Haven't heard any of their material other than the first album though. Well, they played a couple of new songs at the Enz gig. One was called Light Surrounding You and it was craptastic.

They're not quite as "Poppy" as the corrs :wink:

Touche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom