Bland Place, Otara, Auckland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i saw one part of one episode. there was some guy who had to keep driving in one particular direction or his head would explode or something...

the x-files is like house. never watched more than half an episode of that one either. that was a doozy about dr pain in the arse being his usual obtuse wankery self saving some death row man from a heart condition or something... see, there's a career out there for me writing programme synopses...synopsises... yeah.

:laugh:

Thats House. I dunno, I just love the Xfiles, its got more too it than Dr.Grumpsassi'llsavethispaitentin5minutesaterittook35tofigureouttheproblem, theres the whole Mulder & Scully sexual tension, the government conspiracy's, I've always had a little bit of thing, over recent years for good conspiracy's, so maybe thats why I enjoy the show so much.

She was hospitalised back in February due to a sudden pancreatitis attack, but has been pretty good since then, even went for a short 2km run recently (she hasn't gone for a single run since she was diagnosed January last year). I don't know how she copes on the limited diet, since cooking and baking is her life. Occasionally she's naughty and eats stuff anyway - and regrets it pretty quickly! Would definitely love to see that list/pass it on to her.

Sorry to hear about your mum. :hug:

I know who I hate in the AFL! And it seems I finally know who I like too.

But yeah, fuck the Pies, Swans, Blues, and ESPECIALLY THE DOCKERS.

At least you hate the Blues, and the Boring Freo Dockers, who I don't know how they made it to the preliminary final a few years back.

I only hate Essendon, Carlton, Freo, West Coast and Port Adelaide, but if anyones playing Collingwood, I hate them for about 2 hours :lol:

At least you hate the Blues, and the Boring Freo Dockers, who I don't know how they made it to the preliminary final a few years back.

I only hate Essendon, Carlton, Freo, West Coast and Port Adelaide, but if anyones playing Collingwood, I hate them for about 2 hours :lol:

The Dockers are one of the worst sporting teams ever JUST FOR THEIR HORRIBLE FUCKING NAME AND TEAM SONG. Ugh. Way to poison a team, guys.

And what did Essendon and West Coast ever do to you?

I still love the swannies*. Ever since they beat West Coke in the 2005 Grand Final :heart:

*=Unless they are playing collingwood

:lol: I think of you and Eddie every time we play you. And I don't mind you lot either (unless we're playing you!), despite the association with Mr Ed. Man, I cannot stand that guy.
:hmm:

i think i saw one part of one episode. there was some guy who had to keep driving in one particular direction or his head would explode or something...

the x-files is like house. never watched more than half an episode of that one either. that was a doozy about dr pain in the arse being his usual obtuse wankery self saving some death row man from a heart condition or something... see, there's a career out there for me writing programme synopses...synopsises... yeah.

:laugh:

I totally don't get TV at the moment. All these one-word title shows becoming classics amongst a certain demographic. It's a weird pattern. I've never watched House. Or Lost. Or Heroes. Or any of the other one-word shows.

They're the SWANS. Swaaaaaaans. Is this cutesy footy for old grandmothers with tea cosies now?

Aw, come on! As if the Demons are anything to be quivering in your boots about! Oooh, what are they going to do? Surrender their opponents to death? And the Dockers. What are they? A fucking anchor! Actually, they're a verb because being a 'dock' doesn't really work, but whatever. Port Power.... Gee... zap! Are we in a Batman comic or something?

... Want me to continue?
:cute:

The Dockers are one of the worst sporting teams ever JUST FOR THEIR HORRIBLE FUCKING NAME AND TEAM SONG. Ugh. Way to poison a team, guys.

And what did Essendon and West Coast ever do to you?

FREOOO HEEEV HOOO

Dude, Essendon, c'mon!, its lucky you didn't grow up in Victoria....

Its like Adelaide and Port Adelaide, Collingwood and Essendon generally hate each other (almost as much as the Blues and Pies rivalry) Its like. The hate has deteriorated I think over the years, but yeah.

As for West Coast, I just think Ben Cousins has ruined whatever like I had for them in the first place.

I'll get a list sorted as soon as possible then. :up: Hopefully she can find some enjoyable things on there. I've developed a real love of baking as a result. Bug me if you don't have the email by say, the weekend.

Awesome, thank you. :up:

My mother's been a professional cake decorator and baker and stuff like that, and she still makes a lot of food for other people that she can't eat simply because she's the kind of person who loves cooking. Bizarrely enough, although I don't have quite her love of cooking, I seem to take after her habits to a T, including baking muffins in the wee hours of the morning ...

:lol: I think of you and Eddie every time we play you. And I don't mind you lot either (unless we're playing you!), despite the association with Mr Ed. Man, I cannot stand that guy.

Eddie everywhere is a top bloke though. I've met him twice. We once parked next to him on at the Boxing Day test. I'm sure if he wasn't involved with Collingwood everyone would love him :laugh:

If Collingwood and Sydney ever make the granny, we should so go! or at least the cheaper option, have a Live thread whilst the game is on

Aw, come on! As if the Demons are anything to be quivering in your boots about! Oooh, what are they going to do? Surrender their opponents to death? And the Dockers. What are they? A fucking anchor! Actually, they're a verb because being a 'dock' doesn't really work, but whatever. Port Power.... Gee... zap! Are we in a Batman comic or something?

... Want me to continue?

Oh, I agree with you on all of those. And I hate Dockers more than Swans. But Swans is so fucking dumb. Who on earth calls their team that and expects people to take it seriously? They could at least have stayed as the Bloods.

Plus, they're Sydney. Fail. :wink:

Oh, I agree with you on all of those. And I hate Dockers more than Swans. But Swans is so fucking dumb. Who on earth calls their team that and expects people to take it seriously? They could at least have stayed as the Bloods.

What about the Gold Coast Dolphins?, or whatever they have planned for that team. I mean C'mon, Tassie deserves the next AFL team, they have a team in the VFL why not!....The Tassie Devils...a bit too much like Melbourne, but still....

... Want me to continue?

There was something I heard during one of the AFL games this year, that Freo wanted to drop the anchor from their logo.....Shouldn't they have thought this through, I don't know, back in 1995!!!

FREOOO HEEEV HOOO

Dude, Essendon, c'mon!, its lucky you didn't grow up in Victoria....

Its like Adelaide and Port Adelaide, Collingwood and Essendon generally hate each other (almost as much as the Blues and Pies rivalry) Its like. The hate has deteriorated I think over the years, but yeah.

As for West Coast, I just think Ben Cousins has ruined whatever like I had for them in the first place.

Oh, that's right, the Bombers and Pies are traditional rivals. See, it seems a lot of people hate the Bombers, but I really haven't a problem with them. Nor a fondness. But any "you've got to hate the Bombers!" attitude was worked out of me by living with a Bombers fan for a year.

I sort of like West Coast - and I don't keep up with the off-field scandals and shit.

I totally don't get TV at the moment. All these one-word title shows becoming classics amongst a certain demographic. It's a weird pattern. I've never watched House. Or Lost. Or Heroes. Or any of the other one-word shows.

Scrubs & Frasier PERIOD!

House, Lost and Heroes can get LOST!

What about the Gold Coast Dolphins?, or whatever they have planned for that team. I mean C'mon, Tassie deserves the next AFL team, they have a team in the VFL why not!....The Tassie Devils...a bit too much like Melbourne, but still....

Gold Coast Dolphins works bettern than the Gold Coast Metre Maids. Or Gold Coast Toolies.

Only just, but..

Gold Coast DOLPHINS? Oh, that's shit.

And yeah, I've always argued Tassie needs a team, but apparently the money's in Queensland and they're more concerned with that than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom