Bland Place, Otara, Auckland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the original direction going to be?

One initial idea for the sequel had the first two acts the same, but the third act had Biff giving his younger self the almanac in the 1960s, not in 1955. When Marty went back to stop him, he ran into his parents again (who were now hippies) and almost stopped his own conception. Robert Zemeckis decided that it was too similar an idea to the first film and came up with the idea of revisiting the original film from different angles with the two Martys in 1955.

Now that's fucking stupid. I hate hippies.

Nic Cage would have you believe that they can make an entire World War as about as important as controlling your menagerie of Italian Prostitutes.

They could not have casted better for his role in National Treasure. He has the exact same amount of annoyance as his character in that.

They could not have casted better for his role in National Treasure. He has the exact same amount of annoyance as his character in that.

I'll admit that I like Nic for the most part...but CCMandolin just had me smacking my head on my desk during my Film Aesthetics class, where I was forced to watch it.

Have you been dancing in the Lady Friend's soul lately? I'd write a blog entry about it. And get really defensive if people question such a thing.

I could dance in her soul, Howard. If only she'd let me.

Wasn't Biff already a rapist in the first film?

True, but he didn't kill George when he shows up and says that awesome line:

"Hey you... get your damn hands off her."

:lol: Well, they either go with one set of cultural cliches or another.

I agree that they made the right decision.

It would never have been the same without all the crazy replays of scenes from other angles. That whole final act is the reason II's my favorite

:lol: Well, they either go with one set of cultural cliches or another.

I agree that they made the right decision.

Indeed. Doc's throwaway line about that specific date in 1955 being the central junction point for the entire space-time continuum was always cool, I thought.

Speaking of which, I rode the Simpsons' Ride that replaced BTTF at Universal the other day. It's a hell of a lot of fun, but not as good as BTTF. Less jolty, less fun.

True story:

My parents nearly bought a DeLorean in the early 80s. I COULD'VE GROWN UP WITH A FREAKING TIME MACHINE CAR.

But you'd need a flux capacitor. That's what makes time travel possible.

And, it would have been redundant, also, as he figured out, as well.

Indeed... and the alternate angle thing was cool as shit. Like a flamethrower.

He'll be your density.

My favorite part of the entire film series is still Christopher Lloyd.

Marty's still one of my favorite fictional characters of all-time, and easily the best teenaged character ever written for film, I think.

Lloyd's the shit. His storyarc in III is what makes it really watchable, to me at least.

Marty's still one of my favorite fictional characters of all-time, and easily the best teenaged character ever written for film, I think.

Lloyd's the shit. His storyarc in III is what makes it really watchable, to me at least.

He's up there. If it were an earlier hour, I'd come up with comparisons.

Agreed. The whole Irish relative thing never interested me much.

What is Christopher Lloyd up to these days anyways? I haven't seen him in anything since this weird Halloween made for tv movie on ABCFamily about 5 or 6 years back.

Agreed. That film barely feels like part of the series to me (likely due to the obvious change in setting), but he certainly doesn't hurt it any. There's enough humor in III to make it worth a viewing.

I saw Lloyd in a guest star appearance on the show Numbers. He played a comic book writer/artist, oddly enough.

IT'S GONE?! Farewell to another Childhood memory :(

Me too, my friend.

He's up there. If it were an earlier hour, I'd come up with comparisons.

Agreed. The whole Irish relative thing never interested me much.

I never liked the Irish stuff... it was just an excuse to do more split screen work and shoe-horn the "Mom, mom is that you?" section, and Leah Thompson in general, into the movie. The whole Marty-as-a-chicken thing worked without Seamus and Co.

I lived next to a national guard armory base, I'm sure I'd be able to find one.

And something that requires more kick... plutonium!

HA! I actually found it

whengoodghoulsgobad.jpg

After 20 years, the people of Walker Falls are celebrating Halloween again. The ghouls can't wait.

What is Christopher Lloyd up to these days anyways? I haven't seen him in anything since this weird Halloween made for tv movie on ABCFamily about 5 or 6 years back.

He was in Baby Geniuses, that's all I can remember. He also did a DirecTV commercial as Doc that was pretty strange.

Agreed. That film barely feels like part of the series to me (likely due to the obvious change in setting), but he certainly doesn't hurt it any. There's enough humor in III to make it worth a viewing.

It's interesting, but doesn't really fit. The setting was briefly hinted at early on in II about Doc always wanting to be "in the Ooooooold West," but that's it. Wish it could've been developed just a little more, that's all. There's enough wit and intelligence in the writing for it to be a BTTF film though.

Alright, I'm out, too. GOODNIGHT, FUTURE BOY!

OH MY GOD!

I finally know who the Chicken Man is! And now everything in that song fits soooo well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom