Bland Place, Otara, Auckland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back To The Future doesn't get enough love on this forum.

Not enough Zooey.

It's an understood love, like Die Hard. Seriously though, there's been some great discussion about it from the past.

it's a great movie series. the first is the best, though.

The first is my favorite movie of all-time. Part II is uneven, but it's technically brilliant - I love how they go back to the same day from the first film in the last act. Part III is the weakest, but it's still a fun film and a fitting closer for the series.

Hell, II and III may be the only back-to-back sequels that don't suck.

Biff being made into this maniacal, murdering, pseudo-rapist has always rubbed me the wrong way, but it just goes to show you how having a sports almanac from 2015 can change your life.

Why isn't our now like the 2015 in that movie?

I mean, shit better start hovering soon or I'm gonna be pissed off.

Why couldn't I just accept that they went to the lake together in the pick up and that be it?

And why do they have to change his girlfriend?

FUCK.

The actress who played the girlfriend apparently quit acting by the time production for II and III rolled around. Crispin Glover wanted too much money to appear, too, so he was re-cast and the plot was re-written to revolve around his death.

yeah, the second one is more dark. it made me cry when i saw it for the first time :giggle:

i rank them like this:
1. first
2. second
3. third

crazy, i know.

:lol: @ the rankings. I think everyone but Screwy would agree with you. He'd go with Fire Walk With Me as the best Back To The Future film. Because it is.

The actress who played the girlfriend apparently quit acting by the time production for II and III rolled around. Crispin Glover wanted too much money to appear, too, so he was re-cast and the plot was re-written to revolve around his death.

I actually knew that, I just hate re-casting for the most part, for better or worse.

I actually knew that, I just hate re-casting for the most part, for better or worse.

Yeah, for the girlfriend, it doesn't bother me. Elizabeth Shue, ftw... Khan doesn't agree, but she wanted Neil Finn to play her, so there.

Crispin Glover was awesome in the first one... but I kind of like the direction it took with him not being there. Otherwise the last act would've been in the '60s and the original idea sounds fucking stupid.

Yeah, for the girlfriend, it doesn't bother me. Elizabeth Shue, ftw... Khan doesn't agree, but she wanted Neil Finn to play her, so there.

Crispin Glover was awesome in the first one... but I kind of like the direction it took with him not being there. Otherwise the last act would've been in the '60s and the original idea sounds fucking stupid.

What was the original direction going to be?

I don't know mandolin specifics. I was still under the impression they made ghosts appear. Damn you and your lies, Paul McCartney.

Nic Cage would have you believe that they can make an entire World War as about as important as controlling your menagerie of Italian Prostitutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom