Bland Place, Otara, Auckland Superthread - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #901
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
It wasn't you! It was Guggi and Gavin Friday! There should be a warning on the outside of the CD if those two and Edge's brother are gonna be mostly naked in the liner notes.

<--Just bought a Virgin Prunes album.

Were they ripping off Achtung?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #902
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Fixed for myself. I was on here and listening to bootlegs during my high school formal. To this day, I think I made the right decision. What a fucking waste of time that would've been.

And Schoolies is for dickheads.

Depends what you do for school 99% of those who go up to Queensland are, most of my friends stayed in victoria, and just went in their friendship groups....I meanwhile just worked!

Old 07-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #903
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:37 AM
Later Anna!

...I am having problems keeping up.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #904
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post

Nah, the Tigers are alright....better than Essendon anyway
Wellington Richmond are yellow and black. All I need to know.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #905
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Depends what you do for school 99% of those who go up to Queensland are, most of my friends stayed in victoria, and just went in their friendship groups....I meanwhile just worked!
Yeah, all the wankers who come to the Gold Coast and trash the place and push old ladies down stairs and whatnot can just go fuck off. We don't need them.

For Schoolies ... uh ... I was barely aware of it. I just did what I normally do. Then again, I do that all the time. Who do you think posts on Interference on Christmas Day? Me. Not because I'm some serious addict (though I am). Just because I like to stick to my normal routine when I can.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #906
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:37 AM
Quote:

Were they ripping off Achtung?
Nope. Loincloths. And war paint. The second half is even more

To Gavin Friday and Guggi Q: Never wear drag again. And certainly never put a member of the Evans family in it. The One sessions were frightening enough. Thank you.

And this was released in 1982, so technically, Achtung is ripping off the Prunes. So there ya go.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #907
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yeah, all the wankers who come to the Gold Coast and trash the place and push old ladies down stairs and whatnot can just go fuck off. We don't need them.

For Schoolies ... uh ... I was barely aware of it. I just did what I normally do. Then again, I do that all the time. Who do you think posts on Interference on Christmas Day? Me. Not because I'm some serious addict (though I am). Just because I like to stick to my normal routine when I can.
Yeah, I kinda think of interference as a "normal addiction". Its no different to hanging out with your friends and talking crap for hours on end......which is what we're doing anyway

I hate no interest in schoolies either, my folks offered to pay for me to go, but I just basically said that I'd prefer to earn some money instead of go away.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #908
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Nope. Loincloths. And war paint. The second half is even more

To Gavin Friday and Guggi Q: Never wear drag again. And certainly never put a member of the Evans family in it. The One sessions were frightening enough. Thank you.

And this was released in 1982, so technically, Achtung is ripping off the Prunes. So there ya go.
That sounds ... terrifying.

And since U2 invented every idea ever, the Prunes must have ... ripped a hole in space-time and used one of those funky wormholes from your astrophysics to go to 1991 and rip off Achtung.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #909
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yeah, I kinda think of interference as a "normal addiction". Its no different to hanging out with your friends and talking crap for hours on end......which is what we're doing anyway

I hate no interest in schoolies either, my folks offered to pay for me to go, but I just basically said that I'd prefer to earn some money instead of go away.
Hah, yeah, exactly. That's how I like to rationalise it. And you and I are good at talking crap, it seems!

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 908
User Name Posts
bono_man2002 151
KhanadaRhodes 128
Axver 118

Let's see if you can hold on long enough to beat me.

Mum was quite happy to pay for me to go to the US to see U2 and whatnot rather than pay for me to go to the formal and Schoolies and all that stupid pointless high school shit. Why would I go anyway? Why would I want to hang out with people who I'd hung out with for five years already and didn't like?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #910
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
That sounds ... terrifying.

And since U2 invented every idea ever, the Prunes must have ... ripped a hole in space-time and used one of those funky wormholes from your astrophysics to go to 1991 and rip off Achtung.
They do have an Evans brother. It could happen...
Old 07-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #911
Vocal parasite

Quote:
They do have an Evans brother. It could happen...
Don't tell me Dick is leeching intelligence off Edge? Copycats. They're no better than Coldplay.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #912
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Hah, yeah, exactly. That's how I like to rationalise it. And you and I are good at talking crap, it seems!

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 908
User Name Posts
bono_man2002 151
KhanadaRhodes 128
Axver 118

Let's see if you can hold on long enough to beat me.

Mum was quite happy to pay for me to go to the US to see U2 and whatnot rather than pay for me to go to the formal and Schoolies and all that stupid pointless high school shit. Why would I go anyway? Why would I want to hang out with people who I'd hung out with for five years already and didn't like?
Exactly

We are good at talking crap (and AFL ) I want to go to bed, but I also wanna hold off and "win" one of these superthreads....just for the satisfaction of holding off interferences biggest postwhore (okay....so your not carek!)
Old 07-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #913
Blue Crack Addict

I will DIE of laughter if I put these in iTunes and graceNote recognises them. I really will.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:39 AM   #914
Vocal parasite

Quote:
We are good at talking crap (and AFL ) I want to go to bed, but I also wanna hold off and "win" one of these superthreads....just for the satisfaction of holding off interferences biggest postwhore (okay....so your not carek!)
We're nearly there! Shame I won't come in third. This is my 120th post on the thread, and with over 80 more still to go, there's no way only seven of those will be mine, so I'll soon pass Khan's 128.

But it seems uni is definitely cramping the postwhoring a touch!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #915
Blue Crack Addict

So much for getting any X File watching done tonight then!

Tags
superthread