Bland Place, Otara, Auckland Superthread - Page 58 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2008, 09:02 AM   #856
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
You lazy bastard.

... so I can't talk, I know.
You wanted lunch to cook itself earlier.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:02 AM   #857
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
I'll get a list sorted as soon as possible then. Hopefully she can find some enjoyable things on there. I've developed a real love of baking as a result. Bug me if you don't have the email by say, the weekend.
Awesome, thank you.

My mother's been a professional cake decorator and baker and stuff like that, and she still makes a lot of food for other people that she can't eat simply because she's the kind of person who loves cooking. Bizarrely enough, although I don't have quite her love of cooking, I seem to take after her habits to a T, including baking muffins in the wee hours of the morning ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 09:03 AM   #858
Jesus Online

Quote:
They're the SWANS. Swaaaaaaans. Is this cutesy footy for old grandmothers with tea cosies now?

And besides, Swans are actually viscious and nasty and can break a grown mans' legs with one swoop of their wings. They're a tougher bird than a hawk!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:04 AM   #859
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I think of you and Eddie every time we play you. And I don't mind you lot either (unless we're playing you!), despite the association with Mr Ed. Man, I cannot stand that guy.
Eddie everywhere is a top bloke though. I've met him twice. We once parked next to him on at the Boxing Day test. I'm sure if he wasn't involved with Collingwood everyone would love him

If Collingwood and Sydney ever make the granny, we should so go! or at least the cheaper option, have a Live thread whilst the game is on
Old 07-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #860
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Aw, come on! As if the Demons are anything to be quivering in your boots about! Oooh, what are they going to do? Surrender their opponents to death? And the Dockers. What are they? A fucking anchor! Actually, they're a verb because being a 'dock' doesn't really work, but whatever. Port Power.... Gee... zap! Are we in a Batman comic or something?

... Want me to continue?
Oh, I agree with you on all of those. And I hate Dockers more than Swans. But Swans is so fucking dumb. Who on earth calls their team that and expects people to take it seriously? They could at least have stayed as the Bloods.

Plus, they're Sydney. Fail.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #861
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
You lazy bastard.

... so I can't talk, I know.

Give me a good picture of Porcupine Tree/Steve Wilson, and I'll knock one up....if your that desperate!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #862
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh, I agree with you on all of those. And I hate Dockers more than Swans. But Swans is so fucking dumb. Who on earth calls their team that and expects people to take it seriously? They could at least have stayed as the Bloods.
What about the Gold Coast Dolphins?, or whatever they have planned for that team. I mean C'mon, Tassie deserves the next AFL team, they have a team in the VFL why not!....The Tassie Devils...a bit too much like Melbourne, but still....
Old 07-30-2008, 09:08 AM   #863
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Aw, come on! As if the Demons are anything to be quivering in your boots about! Oooh, what are they going to do? Surrender their opponents to death? And the Dockers. What are they? A fucking anchor! Actually, they're a verb because being a 'dock' doesn't really work, but whatever. Port Power.... Gee... zap! Are we in a Batman comic or something?

... Want me to continue?
There was something I heard during one of the AFL games this year, that Freo wanted to drop the anchor from their logo.....Shouldn't they have thought this through, I don't know, back in 1995!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #864
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
FREOOO HEEEV HOOO

Dude, Essendon, c'mon!, its lucky you didn't grow up in Victoria....

Its like Adelaide and Port Adelaide, Collingwood and Essendon generally hate each other (almost as much as the Blues and Pies rivalry) Its like. The hate has deteriorated I think over the years, but yeah.

As for West Coast, I just think Ben Cousins has ruined whatever like I had for them in the first place.
Oh, that's right, the Bombers and Pies are traditional rivals. See, it seems a lot of people hate the Bombers, but I really haven't a problem with them. Nor a fondness. But any "you've got to hate the Bombers!" attitude was worked out of me by living with a Bombers fan for a year.

I sort of like West Coast - and I don't keep up with the off-field scandals and shit.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #865
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I totally don't get TV at the moment. All these one-word title shows becoming classics amongst a certain demographic. It's a weird pattern. I've never watched House. Or Lost. Or Heroes. Or any of the other one-word shows.
Scrubs & Frasier PERIOD!

House, Lost and Heroes can get LOST!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #866
Jesus Online

Quote:
What about the Gold Coast Dolphins?, or whatever they have planned for that team. I mean C'mon, Tassie deserves the next AFL team, they have a team in the VFL why not!....The Tassie Devils...a bit too much like Melbourne, but still....
Gold Coast Dolphins works bettern than the Gold Coast Metre Maids. Or Gold Coast Toolies.

Only just, but..
Old 07-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #867
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Gold Coast DOLPHINS? Oh, that's shit.

And yeah, I've always argued Tassie needs a team, but apparently the money's in Queensland and they're more concerned with that than anything else.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #868
Jesus Online

We've so killed the thread!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #869
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Scrubs & Frasier PERIOD!

House, Lost and Heroes can get LOST!
Scrubs looks stupid.

Frasier's from an earlier era and is pretty funny.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #870
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:47 AM
Mornings = Overrated.
I probably should go back to bed but I don't want to.

Tags
superthread