Bland Place, Otara, Auckland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the galaxy of THIS SUCKS CAMEL DICK!

I want to hear the full band version of that album, stat.

Aside from the wrecked boat, which we will fix, what did you think of the presentation?

It would be fucking awesome. I can hear the full band for songs like Atlantic City and Johnny 99.

what, when did you ever burn me a CD?

Or are you implying that you're the GUY that's in love with me? The one that told me "I love you, and I want to fuck you, but I'll respect your decision" when I told him I had a boyfriend that I was perfectly happy with :banghead:

Pretty much yeah :lol:

Tracks four, five, and six are all pretty good. Johnny 99 sounds like all his full band stuff from the era on acoustic, and Highway Patrolman is probably the best lyric on the album.

I was too lazy to look, but yeah those are the two, Johnny 99 and Highway Patrolman are pretty good songs, and of course, objectively, Reason To Believe!

first impression: the music is good, but very repetitive. and the vocals are definitely re-recorded. his voice was never this husky in 83. plus when he tries to stretch and sing high or hold a note, he can't. just like now! :happy:

I'm disappointed that I was the only one to name off Red Hill Mining Town as a crappy song title in that thread Sicy made.
:hmm: yeah, that title is kind of lame. U2 sometimes miss the mark completely when it comes to song titles. especially when they pick long ass names (which is nothing new, i mean hello? side a of jt is full of long names)

Aside from the wrecked boat, which we will fix, what did you think of the presentation?

It would be fucking awesome. I can hear the full band for songs like Atlantic City and Johnny 99.

I always wanted to be a dinosaur.

I'm disappointed that I was the only one to name off Red Hill Mining Town as a crappy song title in that thread Sicy made.

The video looks fucking terrible... it reminds me of the coal-mining section of Zoolander. I'm glad it was never released.

Seriously, I have the hardest time taking Red Hill Mining Town seriously, it's the only song on TJT I feel taht way about. And that was BEFORE the video came out. That video did NOT help the song's case.

*let's a canary go*

Is it good? I'll have to check it out after I'm done with my DI list

Speaking of which, I'll hook you and Pfan up with those new links tomorrow. I wonder how those ones expired so soon.

So The Aviator is fucking good.

I would like to reiterate, that last night, the chicken man's house was blown up in Philly, as was the Chicken man himself.

i'm about to make a bold statement: i think treasure is just...okay. not by any means their best b-side. i don't hate it though.

Ax would kill you. He has Treasure in his top ten overall U2 songs.

Then again, he also ranked Porcupine Tree ahead of David Bowie 3-0, so fuck his opinion.

Seriously, I have the hardest time taking Red Hill Mining Town seriously, it's the only song on TJT I feel taht way about. And that was BEFORE the video came out. That video did NOT help the song's case.

*let's a canary go*

I think RHMT is one of the very best songs on the album, and I find the video hilarious, if horrific.

Ax would kill you. He has Treasure in his top ten overall U2 songs.

Then again, he also ranked Porcupine Tree ahead of David Bowie 3-0, so fuck his opinion.
yeah, i was mostly thinking of him when i made that post.

the artist league has had some surprising rankings by some. i'm disappointed to see how many people are giving 0s to crowded house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom