Bland Place, Otara, Auckland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hmm: all i've listened to:
- twilight
- demo of twilight (i had to let my mom hear its awfulness, she was like :huh:)
- 11 o'clock tick tock (she loves the song too :cute:)
- demo of fire (which i already had but i wanted to see if it was any more coherent)
- and now i'm on october.

I've beat this horse to death, but the only thing that really bothers me about the Boy bonus disc is the lack of Street Mission :(

I meant to say laughter, instead of slaughter

i am not, as many have believed for aso long, a farmer of cows

I quwite like coews,

I wwould like to have a pet coow

he could ea t my grass

and then I could sewll lmy lownamower

(I meant to say laughter, instead of slaughter.

I am not, as many have believed for so long, a farmer of cows. I quite like cows, and I would like to have a pet cow. He could eat my grass, and then I could sell my lawnmower.)

I know, but I abuse this power.

What's all the commotion going on in here?

I was bored, and decided I'd use my talent of being able to fully comprehend those who type while drunk to help out the people reading this thread.

More importantly, I'm listening to Houses of the Holy right now.

I prefer not to use them. I come from the Phanan school of posting. It's old school.
nothing wrong with that :up: i probably come from the lila school of posting :giggle:

Is all that about Station to Station true? He really doesn't remember a thing?
i'm sure it is. nearly every band i like has at least one member with a major drug problem, and one member in particular said something similar about an album they did, how he barely remembers it. it's amazing what drugs can do to a person :sigh:

(I meant to say laughter, instead of slaughter.

I am not, as many have believed for so long, a farmer of cows. I quite like cows, and I would like to have a pet cow. He could eat my grass, and then I could sell my lawnmower.)

I know, but I abuse this power.

I was bored, and decided I'd use my talent of being able to fully comprehend those who type while drunk to help out the people reading this thread.

More importantly, I'm listening to Houses of the Holy right now.

A noble cause.

Nice. What'd you think of Exile?

I've beat this horse to death, but the only thing that really bothers me about the Boy bonus disc is the lack of Street Mission :(

I knew something was missing, but it's floating around somewhere, you could find it.

and and RavenBlue, I'm with you on not really having enough money for all these releases U2 keeps doing, but luckily, I've a birthday coming up :lol:

Ha, no guys, thank you for your concern, but I do HAVE Street Mission. I don't know, It would've just felt more complete with it on there if that makes sense :huh:

Is all that about Station to Station true? He really doesn't remember a thing?

Yes. He was on crack the whole time. So were both of the guitarists, Carlos Alomar and Earl Slick.

the thing I hVE With u2 remaster s is.. that ya, id like to have the bexitra be-sdoies Ibut I don't need these super dupber evxtra sur[oeca; versiopmns with t-shirts and uislessless shit. I mean, I havn'e much mdough, so all thes e remasatedrds whill have to wait for a rainy day when I can actualy afford thme

(The thing I have with U2 remasters is that I'd like to have the extra B-sides, but I don't need these super-duper, extra special versions with T-shirts and useless shit. I mean, I haven't much dough, so all these re-masters will have to wait for a rainy day when I can actually afford them.)

Shall I defer to you for all Dark Knight references as of now?

Maybe. I'll think about it.

These aren't the droids we're looking for.

But really, 'sup fellas?

Chilling. Question: how does one pronounce "D'yer Maker?"

good point. if someone had played it for me and went "guess what song this is" i would've just guessed it was an outtake from october that never made it to the album.

thank god be there wasn't put on any of these albums.

Ha. Axver loves Be There.

i love the pre-boy/boy demos. some of them are hilariously bad, but most of them are pretty great. i'll admit it. i bought (yes, BOUGHT) a cd of U2 demos back in the day. (my computer couldn't play mp3s so downloading them was impossible) i liked what i heard. plus it had earlier songs that weren't on a cd release, like three and 11OTT.

i love the pre-boy/boy demos. some of them are hilariously bad, but most of them are pretty great. i'll admit it. i bought (yes, BOUGHT) a cd of U2 demos back in the day. (my computer couldn't play mp3s so downloading them was impossible) i liked what i heard. plus it had earlier songs that weren't on a cd release, like three and 11OTT.

I'll admit, the video is one of the worst things i've ever seen U2 take part in, but I don't mind Magic Carpet so much either.

UI am kucky that most new u2 releases seem tohappen arojnd my birthday for the most part, In just really, really, hope I can get msyself to a concert this time around;.. it's been a long wait

I'm hipigbn the codr of bruce cockburins if I had a rocket launcher shows upo on one of the remasters

I know they recorded it

now thrust it out onto the world you rifh c buggers

comon

(I'm hoping the cover of Bruce Cockburn's "If I Had a Rocket Launcher" shows up on one of the re-masters. I know they recorded it.

Now thrust it out onto the world you [motherfuckers.]

C'mon!)

nothing wrong with that :up: i probably come from the lila school of posting :giggle:

i'm sure it is. nearly every band i like has at least one member with a major drug problem, and one member in particular said something similar about an album they did, how he barely remembers it. it's amazing what drugs can do to a person :sigh:

Apparently, for Bowie, it made his best music. Station to Station is arguably my favorite album of his.

A noble cause.

Nice. What'd you think of Exile?

I try.

It pretty much blew me away with its awesomeness. 18 tracks, too. Wow. That needs a couple of listens still, but the last four or five tracks were an absolute tour de force.

have funb binoiman, I did the mail last weel and I gotta admit

it was kinda fun

(Have fun, Bonoman, I did the mail last week and I gotta admit, it was kinda fun.)

I know it's dfiifulcult to be in rhythm records, and say, oh I';m not going to bout y that bootleg awhen you kno w in reality that you'll never really rget it in the real world. Stupid. So many good itemas there.

I wish tehre were more u2 fans around here

it's all country music here though

fake acnets in a place that has no accent

Bruce Cockburn, despite his unfortunate last niame, is a geeatreat candaian musician with many, mnay beautiful songs oncluding, floxglove, all teh diamonds, womderings where the klions are and the song that U2 quoted in hawkemoon 26789 ... lves in a dangerous time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom