BlackAdder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheQuiet1

Rock n' Roll Doggie
After seeing an advertisement for 'House' on C5 and hearing Hugh Laurie with an American accent :ohmy: I couldn't help but think of George from BlackAdder Goes Fourth. So Etonian!

So got any other fans of BlackAdder here?

All good Englishmen are fans of Blackadder surely the most quotable program of all time, not the best but one of my favourites:

Blackadder: [to Baldrick] This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you've got a moment, it's a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour porterage and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'.

From BlackAdder Goes Fourth:

<As they're about to go over the top>

DARLING: Wrote an entry in my diary on the way here. It simply says...Bugger.

BALDRICK: Somebody ought to do something about that ladder sir, it got a splinter. A man could hurt himself on that!

From any series:

WOOF!

BluRmGrl said:
I'm a "Yank", but I ADORE Blackadder!!! Brilliant. :yes:

:up:

Same here!

Our library has the box set and I keep checking it out to get my "Black Adder" fix :D

Perhaps my favorite series is Blackadder III w/ the Prince Regent

And my favorite episode from that series is "Sense and Senilty" when the two actors try to teach the Prince how to make a speech in "enormous trousers" and Blackadder keeps yelling "Macbeth" in order to make the actors do the silly dance/chant

:lmao:

Blackadder = quality laughs :yes:

BlackAdder is one-liner heaven!

To Bob: You are a girl. And you are a girl with as much talent for disguise as a giraffe in dark glasses trying to get into a polar-bears-only golf club.

All 4 are hilarious but III and IV are probably my favorites.

Yeah, great show.. :)

"I smell something fishy, and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble."

And yeah, hearing Hugh Laurie with an American accent gave me a start as well.

Blackadder is definitely one of the best TV shows ever made. Absolutely hysterical brilliance!

BLACKADDER: They do say, Mrs. M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you'll soon discover when I stick this toasting fork in your head.

Baldrick: But then I'll go to hell for ever for stealing!

Blackadder: Baldrick, believe me, an eternity in the company of Beelzebub, and all his hellish instruments of death, will be a picnic compared to five minutes with me and this pencil.

BOB: I just wanted to be like my brothers! I wanted to see how a war was fought, so badly!
BLACKADDER: Well, you've come to the right place, Bob. A war hasn't been fought this badly since Olaf the Hairy, high chief of all the vikings, accidentally ordered 80,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside.

MELCHETT: Well, perhaps some pleasant word game?
BLACKADDER: All right... Make a sentence out of the following words... "face... sodding... your... shut."

Blackadder: Something's going on, and I think I can make an educated guess what it is, something which you, George, would find hard to do.

George: Ha, true, true. Where I was at school, education could go hang as long as a boy could hit a six, sing the school song very loud, and take a hot crumpet from behind without blubbing.

I love Blackadder it rules!
IMO
1. Blackadder the Third
2. Blackadder season 1
3. Blackadder goes Forth
4. Blackadder II

Although Im not a huge fan of season 2 the others are absolute essential classics.

(after a Baldrick poem)
BLACKADDER: "Well it started badly. Trailed off in the middle. And the less said about the end the better!"

I'm bumping this thread because...I can!

"George: Tally-ho pip-pip and Bernard's your uncle.
Blackadder: In English we say, "Good Morning"."

"George: The war started because of the vile Hun and his villainous empire building.
Edmund: George, the British Empire at present covers a quarter of the globe, while the German Empire consists of a small sausage factory in Tanganyika. I hardly think that we can be entirely absolved of blame on the imperialistic front.
George: Oh, no, sir, absolutely not. (aside, to Baldick) Mad as a bicycle!"

"Mary: Edmund. When this war is over do you think we might get to know each other a little better?
Edmund: Yes, why not? When this madness is finished, perhaps we could go cycling together, take a trip down to the Old Swan at Henley and go for a walk in the woods.
Mary: Yes, or we could just do it right now on the desk.
Edmund: (looks at the desk) Yeah, OK."

:lmao: !!!

Yey - a Blackadder thread!

From Blackadder Goes Forth:

"For the past thirteen months, Baldrick's coffee has in fact been made from mud. With dandruff as a cunning sugar substitute. Just don't ask what he's been using for the milk. "

:heart: So Flashheart tweaked the Adder's beard,
From now he always shall be single.
To fall in love with boys is weird,
especially boys without a tingle.

Blackadder, Blackadder.
His taste is rather odd.
Blackadder, Blackadder,
The randy little sod.
Lord Flashheart, Lord Flashheart,
I wish you were the star.
Lord Flashheart, Lord Flashheart,
You're sexier by far. :heart:

Last edited:
And in honour of my avatar:
Queenie:
When the night is dark,
and the dogs go bark;
When the clouds are black,
and the ducks go- quack;
When the sky is blue,
and the cows go- moo;
Think of lovely Queenie;
She'll be thinking of you.

It's called, "Edmund." Shakespeare gave me a hand with the title, but the rest is all my own work!

Tilli said:
Yey - a Blackadder thread!

From Blackadder Goes Forth:

"For the past thirteen months, Baldrick's coffee has in fact been made from mud. With dandruff as a cunning sugar substitute. Just don't ask what he's been using for the milk. "
Cappuccino, oh do you have any of those little brown flakey bits?

(Baldrick pleased with his performence as Charlie Chaplin)

Baldrick:- "Sir, Some people seem to think that I was best, would you agree?"

B.Adder:- "Baldrick, in the Amazonian Rainforest there are tribes of Indians, as yet untouched by civilization who've developed more convincing Charlie Chaplin impressions than yours"

Great thread, loved it since the 1st series.

"Im as poor as a church mouse, thats just had an enormous tax bill on the very day his wife ran off with another mouse, taking all the cheese".

zoobeatle said:
Great thread, loved it since the 1st series.

"Im as poor as a church mouse, thats just had an enormous tax bill on the very day his wife ran off with another mouse, taking all the cheese".

That one made me think of this one:

"George, the day this war began I was cheesed off. Within ten minutes of you turning up, I finished the cheese and moved on to the coffee and cigars. And at this late stage, I'm in a cab with two lady companions on my way to the Pink Pussycat in Lower Regency."

"Weve been sitting here since Christmas 1914, during which time millions of men have died and weve moved no further than an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping".

bammo made me get III and IV on dvd. and then i may have not-so-legally acquired II :shifty:

hilarious stuff.

Back
Top Bottom