Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. They're actually one of the few American (well, 2/3) bands I like. I found their cd for $8 last weekend, and I was way excited. And I got a free BRMC poster too! I'm going to see them open for Spiritualized on the 20th. I love the song "Red Eyes and Tears," it's very Joy Division-y sounding.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

mmm, I only know "Whatever Happened to my Rock n' Roll?"

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

i have hardly heard of this group. id like to subscribe to their magazine.

------------------
-deathbear

I am going to see them open for Spiritualized too! (in Atlanta)
biggrin.gif

------------------
Music, when soft voices die,
Vibrates in the memory;
Odours, when sweet violets sicken,
Live within the sense they quicken.

~P.B. Shelley

never heard of them.......!

------------------
I luuuuuuuv my car, shes my baby, my only baby.

Cars are better than men!

The Wanderer is no perfect man
His fleece is red as blood
And if you call him names all night
Hes sure to start a feud

But beneath that hard exterior shit
Lies a nice and friendly man
Hes snoggable, huggable and certainly shruggable
And I bet his real name's Dan.......

haha, quite true mad1, we should dance really hard one time, right in deathbear's face

after a month of listening, I would say this is one of the best hard rock bands of the last 5 years, they rock hard, did I mention they are a good rock band? and, um, they rock hard

whatever happened to my rock and roll?

why aren't people getting into them? they've got the best band name in rock today

Yeah, but sadly they're moving to the UK and won't be back in the US for a long while. Well, except for the HFStival in DC.

Whatever happened to my rock n' roll indeed.

(Did anyone see them on 120 Minutes last week by any chance?)

------------------
"There's a danger in every story and every smile" - South

no they are not moving to the UK, they are playing some gigs there without their drummer, who cannot return to his homeland of the UK because of visa issues, if he does go, he can't return to the US for 10 years or some insane crap like that, the band has stated that if it's not cleared up by later this year, they will never go back to the UK to tour again

I wouldn't come back, if I'd had been Jesus...

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
no they are not moving to the UK, they are playing some gigs there without their drummer, who cannot return to his homeland of the UK because of visa issues, if he does go, he can't return to the US for 10 years or some insane crap like that, the band has stated that if it's not cleared up by later this year, they will never go back to the UK to tour again

Actually, Nick is definitely joining them on the UK tour. They announced at the Spiritualized shows that it was the last time they'd be in the US for a long time, and apparently they've been telling fans they're moving to Europe.

How many albums they got? If only 1 is it worth gettin? I suspect you gonna say yes wanderer, they playin here in Ireland at the Witnness festivel soon, along with Oasis, The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Air, Mercury Rev, Badly Drawn Boy, Basement Jaxx, Cornelius, Starsailor, Tricky, Foo Fighters, Green Day, No Doubt, and many many more brilliant acts, yes, the best festivel of all time, seriously, no shittin yez.

Originally posted by lazyboy:
How many albums they got? If only 1 is it worth gettin? I suspect you gonna say yes wanderer, they playin here in Ireland at the Witnness festivel soon, along with Oasis, The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Air, Mercury Rev, Badly Drawn Boy, Basement Jaxx, Cornelius, Starsailor, Tricky, Foo Fighters, Green Day, No Doubt, and many many more brilliant acts, yes, the best festivel of all time, seriously, no shittin yez.

You people and your festivals!! I hate you all!!
wink.gif
Though I could definitely do without Green Day, No Doubt, and several of the others. V2002 is the one I would sell my first born child to go to.

Anyway, the BRMC album (only one, self-titled) is worth it.

Cool thanks, I might check that out!

And ya, not too into Green Day or No Doubt myself, but several of the others?! Will ya goway! That is a beautiful line-up! I'm hopin Mercury Rev, Cornelius, Air, Chemical Brothers and Prodigy are all on at separate times, love those bands! And Oasis are pretty good too! Dandy Warhols are rumoured to be coming too
smile.gif

Cool thanks, I might check that out!

And ya, not too into Green Day or No Doubt myself, but several of the others?! Will ya goway! That is a beautiful line-up! I'm hopin Mercury Rev, Cornelius, Air, Chemical Brothers and Prodigy are all on at separate times, love those bands! And Oasis are pretty good too! Dandy Warhols are rumoured to be coming too
smile.gif

I just said several others to be safe.
smile.gif
I'm not really into the Foo Fighters, but they're okay, I guess. I do, however, love the others. I'm so jealous about these festivals. The only one we have here only has two or three good bands on the lineup, and they're on seperate days, so it's not worth the money.
frown.gif
Fortunately, I have Ed Harcourt, Doves, and Elbow to look forward too, and HOPEFULLY Idlewild and a few others this summer. But nothing could compare to a festival. Sigh.

[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 05-05-2002).]

Originally posted by meegannie:
Fortunately, I have Ed Harcourt, Doves, and Elbow to look forward too, and HOPEFULLY Idlewild and a few others this summer. But nothing could compare to a festival. Sigh.

[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 05-05-2002).]

Is the new Doves album as good as everyone is sayin? And Idlewild huh? They're big over there? Just heard they were added today to that festivel I was tellin ya about too
tongue.gif

Is the new Doves album as good as everyone is sayin? And Idlewild huh? They're big over there? Just heard they were added today to that festivel I was tellin ya about too
tongue.gif

Idlewild is going to be there??? That's it. I'm moving. They're not well-known at all here, but they're most likely going to tour North America sometime this summer after their new album comes out here. I can't wait. 100 Broken Windows is one of my favourite albums.

I personally love the new Doves album. Maybe even more than I liked the first one.

Back
Top Bottom