Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-04-2002, 11:04 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
no they are not moving to the UK, they are playing some gigs there without their drummer, who cannot return to his homeland of the UK because of visa issues, if he does go, he can't return to the US for 10 years or some insane crap like that, the band has stated that if it's not cleared up by later this year, they will never go back to the UK to tour again
Actually, Nick is definitely joining them on the UK tour. They announced at the Spiritualized shows that it was the last time they'd be in the US for a long time, and apparently they've been telling fans they're moving to Europe.
__________________

__________________
meegannie is offline  
Old 05-04-2002, 11:08 PM   #17
New Yorker
 
brettig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: heehee, ask george
Posts: 3,194
Local Time: 01:39 AM
Ill buy it when its on sale like Echoes was.
__________________

__________________
brettig is offline  
Old 05-04-2002, 11:35 PM   #18
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Clare, Ireland
Posts: 647
Local Time: 06:39 AM
How many albums they got? If only 1 is it worth gettin? I suspect you gonna say yes wanderer, they playin here in Ireland at the Witnness festivel soon, along with Oasis, The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Air, Mercury Rev, Badly Drawn Boy, Basement Jaxx, Cornelius, Starsailor, Tricky, Foo Fighters, Green Day, No Doubt, and many many more brilliant acts, yes, the best festivel of all time, seriously, no shittin yez.
__________________
lazyboy is offline  
Old 05-04-2002, 11:42 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazyboy:
How many albums they got? If only 1 is it worth gettin? I suspect you gonna say yes wanderer, they playin here in Ireland at the Witnness festivel soon, along with Oasis, The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Air, Mercury Rev, Badly Drawn Boy, Basement Jaxx, Cornelius, Starsailor, Tricky, Foo Fighters, Green Day, No Doubt, and many many more brilliant acts, yes, the best festivel of all time, seriously, no shittin yez.
You people and your festivals!! I hate you all!! Though I could definitely do without Green Day, No Doubt, and several of the others. V2002 is the one I would sell my first born child to go to.

Anyway, the BRMC album (only one, self-titled) is worth it.
__________________
meegannie is offline  
Old 05-05-2002, 11:44 AM   #20
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Clare, Ireland
Posts: 647
Local Time: 06:39 AM
Cool thanks, I might check that out!

And ya, not too into Green Day or No Doubt myself, but several of the others?! Will ya goway! That is a beautiful line-up! I'm hopin Mercury Rev, Cornelius, Air, Chemical Brothers and Prodigy are all on at separate times, love those bands! And Oasis are pretty good too! Dandy Warhols are rumoured to be coming too
__________________
lazyboy is offline  
Old 05-05-2002, 12:31 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazyboy:
Cool thanks, I might check that out!

And ya, not too into Green Day or No Doubt myself, but several of the others?! Will ya goway! That is a beautiful line-up! I'm hopin Mercury Rev, Cornelius, Air, Chemical Brothers and Prodigy are all on at separate times, love those bands! And Oasis are pretty good too! Dandy Warhols are rumoured to be coming too
I just said several others to be safe. I'm not really into the Foo Fighters, but they're okay, I guess. I do, however, love the others. I'm so jealous about these festivals. The only one we have here only has two or three good bands on the lineup, and they're on seperate days, so it's not worth the money. Fortunately, I have Ed Harcourt, Doves, and Elbow to look forward too, and HOPEFULLY Idlewild and a few others this summer. But nothing could compare to a festival. Sigh.




[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 05-05-2002).]
__________________
meegannie is offline  
Old 05-05-2002, 04:12 PM   #22
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 12:39 AM
These guys do rule.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 05-05-2002, 08:22 PM   #23
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Clare, Ireland
Posts: 647
Local Time: 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie:
Fortunately, I have Ed Harcourt, Doves, and Elbow to look forward too, and HOPEFULLY Idlewild and a few others this summer. But nothing could compare to a festival. Sigh.


[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 05-05-2002).]
Is the new Doves album as good as everyone is sayin? And Idlewild huh? They're big over there? Just heard they were added today to that festivel I was tellin ya about too
__________________
lazyboy is offline  
Old 05-06-2002, 09:08 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazyboy:
Is the new Doves album as good as everyone is sayin? And Idlewild huh? They're big over there? Just heard they were added today to that festivel I was tellin ya about too
Idlewild is going to be there??? That's it. I'm moving. They're not well-known at all here, but they're most likely going to tour North America sometime this summer after their new album comes out here. I can't wait. 100 Broken Windows is one of my favourite albums.

I personally love the new Doves album. Maybe even more than I liked the first one.
__________________

__________________
meegannie is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com