Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2002, 11:04 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
no they are not moving to the UK, they are playing some gigs there without their drummer, who cannot return to his homeland of the UK because of visa issues, if he does go, he can't return to the US for 10 years or some insane crap like that, the band has stated that if it's not cleared up by later this year, they will never go back to the UK to tour again
Actually, Nick is definitely joining them on the UK tour. They announced at the Spiritualized shows that it was the last time they'd be in the US for a long time, and apparently they've been telling fans they're moving to Europe.

Old 05-04-2002, 11:08 PM   #17
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:39 AM
Ill buy it when its on sale like Echoes was.

Old 05-04-2002, 11:35 PM   #18
War Child

How many albums they got? If only 1 is it worth gettin? I suspect you gonna say yes wanderer, they playin here in Ireland at the Witnness festivel soon, along with Oasis, The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Air, Mercury Rev, Badly Drawn Boy, Basement Jaxx, Cornelius, Starsailor, Tricky, Foo Fighters, Green Day, No Doubt, and many many more brilliant acts, yes, the best festivel of all time, seriously, no shittin yez.
Old 05-04-2002, 11:42 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by lazyboy:
How many albums they got? If only 1 is it worth gettin? I suspect you gonna say yes wanderer, they playin here in Ireland at the Witnness festivel soon, along with Oasis, The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Air, Mercury Rev, Badly Drawn Boy, Basement Jaxx, Cornelius, Starsailor, Tricky, Foo Fighters, Green Day, No Doubt, and many many more brilliant acts, yes, the best festivel of all time, seriously, no shittin yez.
You people and your festivals!! I hate you all!! Though I could definitely do without Green Day, No Doubt, and several of the others. V2002 is the one I would sell my first born child to go to.

Anyway, the BRMC album (only one, self-titled) is worth it.
Old 05-05-2002, 11:44 AM   #20
War Child

Cool thanks, I might check that out!

And ya, not too into Green Day or No Doubt myself, but several of the others?! Will ya goway! That is a beautiful line-up! I'm hopin Mercury Rev, Cornelius, Air, Chemical Brothers and Prodigy are all on at separate times, love those bands! And Oasis are pretty good too! Dandy Warhols are rumoured to be coming too
Old 05-05-2002, 12:31 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Cool thanks, I might check that out!

And ya, not too into Green Day or No Doubt myself, but several of the others?! Will ya goway! That is a beautiful line-up! I'm hopin Mercury Rev, Cornelius, Air, Chemical Brothers and Prodigy are all on at separate times, love those bands! And Oasis are pretty good too! Dandy Warhols are rumoured to be coming too
I just said several others to be safe. I'm not really into the Foo Fighters, but they're okay, I guess. I do, however, love the others. I'm so jealous about these festivals. The only one we have here only has two or three good bands on the lineup, and they're on seperate days, so it's not worth the money. Fortunately, I have Ed Harcourt, Doves, and Elbow to look forward too, and HOPEFULLY Idlewild and a few others this summer. But nothing could compare to a festival. Sigh.

[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 05-05-2002).]
Old 05-05-2002, 04:12 PM   #22
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 12:39 AM
These guys do rule.
Old 05-05-2002, 08:22 PM   #23
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie:
Fortunately, I have Ed Harcourt, Doves, and Elbow to look forward too, and HOPEFULLY Idlewild and a few others this summer. But nothing could compare to a festival. Sigh.

[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 05-05-2002).]
Is the new Doves album as good as everyone is sayin? And Idlewild huh? They're big over there? Just heard they were added today to that festivel I was tellin ya about too
Old 05-06-2002, 09:08 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Is the new Doves album as good as everyone is sayin? And Idlewild huh? They're big over there? Just heard they were added today to that festivel I was tellin ya about too
Idlewild is going to be there??? That's it. I'm moving. They're not well-known at all here, but they're most likely going to tour North America sometime this summer after their new album comes out here. I can't wait. 100 Broken Windows is one of my favourite albums.

I personally love the new Doves album. Maybe even more than I liked the first one.