Black Holes and Revelations v. HTDAAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

?

• Black Holes and Revelations

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Votes: 25 61.0%

• Total voters

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
200pxbharcoverrk0.jpg
v.
200pxu2howtodismantleanatomicbomb28albumcover29ya9.png

Two albums enter. One album exits through the sphincter.
You decide.

I just picked up the Muse album today! But I've heard it before, and I liked it enough to buy it. I really, really dig a few songs, but didn't care for a lot more.

there are only 2 songs I don't care for on Bomb.

Black holes and revelations FTW!1

Knights of Cydonia alone is better than anything on HTDAAB

I'm not a big fan of Muse but I've owned Black Holes and revelations since it came out and was quite impressed...

almost anything is better than the snoozefest that is HTDAAB............

this is my opinion bitches LIVE WITH IT

:wink:

The funny thing is that people knock current U2 for the songwriting - but lookijng at Muse lyrics they're nothing to write home about.

Right now Muse is just all about the music. Fuck man, Citizen Erased.....

Canadiens1160 said:
The funny thing is that people knock current U2 for the songwriting - but lookijng at Muse lyrics they're nothing to write home about.

Right now Muse is just all about the music. Fuck man, Citizen Erased.....

Muse are OK...but yea their lyrics are :yikes::down:........

but like you said is all the music

corianderstem said:
Knights of Cydonia is pretty silly when it comes down to it, but DAMN does it rock.

:rockon:

that riff is :drool:

but like I said most of their lyrics are awful

matt is a great singer/guitar player...but he is not a great lyricist:yikes:

Bought the Muse album today as well...only because in some other thread here people were raving about it.

It's still sitting in my car unopened:huh:

But I do hate lyrics that suck.

Black Holes and Revelations still has that shiny and new quality to it. This poll would have more honest results around March 2007.

Starlight and black holes ..... are 2 of the most annoying singles of this year so far in my opinion.

PlaTheGreat said:
Black Holes and Revelations still has that shiny and new quality to it. This poll would have more honest results around March 2007.

The poll would also be more honest if we weren't on a U2 forum.

Black Holes and Revelations :up: :drool: :rockon:

I listened to Black Holes more in the first month after its release than I've listened to HTDAAB in 2 years, and I'm still listening to BH.

I think it's Muse's most accomplished record. I thought Absolution was hard to beat but the other day I listened to OOS, Absolution and Black Holes back-to-back and what I like about Black Holes as a whole is that it's not about Matt's vocals. On Absolution there is so much emphasis on his belting vocals that compared with Black Holes it almost sounds like he's showing off. I like how Black Holes is subtle yet rocks out like crazy at the same time. There's more confidence, it's more about the music than showing off his voice or guitar skills, but without diminishing the brilliance of either. Or something like that.

bono_man2002 said:
My Two Favourite bands....I'm gonna need to think about this! :lol:

:wink: Me too.

I went for Black Holes & Revelations, maybe because I haven't heard all the songs as many times as those on HTDAAB (especially the singles, which were played to death)... :shrug:

ATM I'd prefer to listen to Muse than U2 anyway.

Muse = :love:

Muse's music (and this album) is no big deal, there's nothing really new and special about it.
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is U2's best album.
No more justifications needed.

Well, one thing is for sure: I can stand listening to Bono's voice for hours, but the voice of that guy from Muse starts to annoy me after 15 minutes or something.

I kinda of hate the guitars , which is suprising because im a real fan of the old wood and string.

They bore me but ive been told they great live

I love HTDAAB, but BHaR is better.

like xavi said, Knights of Cydonia alone is amazing.

I made a montage about WWII, Nazis, and the Atomic Bomb using that song in my TV Production class, I'll post it here when I get it on YouTube.

PlaTheGreat said:

If these would have both come out on the same day, the score would be 23-3 HTDAAB. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom