Black Holes and Revelations v. HTDAAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

?

• Black Holes and Revelations

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Votes: 25 61.0%

• Total voters
Black Holes And Revelations is even worse than HTDAAB. Half of HTDAAB is good, and the album is a marked improvement from ATYCLB. In comparison, BHAR is a huge step down from everything Muse has done previously and there is little of note. No songs stand out as great to me. I'd pretty much forgotten about it.

I was looking forward to Black Holes before it was released, but I think about half of it was filler and quite a disappointment

How to dismantle is an album I still play now & again
great album though among my 3 least favourite U2 albums

HTDAAB easily.

I love a couple of the songs on Black Holes, like a few, and don't really care much for the others. The only song I really don't like from HTDAAB is Crumbs, and even that is much better than the snoozefest that is Soldier's Poem.

AtomicBono said:
HTDAAB easily.

I love a couple of the songs on Black Holes, like a few, and don't really care much for the others. The only song I really don't like from HTDAAB is Crumbs, and even that is much better than the snoozefest that is Soldier's Poem.
Soldier's Poem? Don't you mean Can't Help Falling in Love?

AtomicBono said:
HTDAAB easily.

I love the vocals on Soldier's Poem, I think that makes it a great song. One Step Closer, on the other hand, is a snoozefest.

I really do love both albums though.

joyfulgirl said:
I listened to Black Holes more in the first month after its release than I've listened to HTDAAB in 2 years, and I'm still listening to BH.

I think it's Muse's most accomplished record. I thought Absolution was hard to beat but the other day I listened to OOS, Absolution and Black Holes back-to-back and what I like about Black Holes as a whole is that it's not about Matt's vocals. On Absolution there is so much emphasis on his belting vocals that compared with Black Holes it almost sounds like he's showing off. I like how Black Holes is subtle yet rocks out like crazy at the same time. There's more confidence, it's more about the music than showing off his voice or guitar skills, but without diminishing the brilliance of either. Or something like that.

:up: :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom