Black Hole Sun's music video is creepy as hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who else remembers when it was on MTV essentially every time you turned the channel on?

LemonMelon said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiSkyEyBczU

There are kids having seizures, an exterminator being eaten by cockroaches, a Barbie's skin melting, that creepy old guy in the tophat, and everyone's smiling during it. Don't even get me started on the bad green screen effects.

Great song though.

You're just realizing this now? Kids these days... :tsk:

My favorite part is the creepy lady giving Marmaduke a bath :up:

But it's not as creepy as the video for 'Jeremy' - scariest music video I have ever seen. Blood all over the classroom at the end, and Veddar looks positively demonically possessed, with his eyes wide and bulging.

Summer of '94. :drool:

Soundgarden were at the peak of their powers that year. I remember having battles with my sister over which album was played in the car--Superunknown, or The Lion King. Of course, Elton and the lion always won. :angry:

This video always creeped me out to no end. All these years later, I'm still completely tired of the song and don't care to hear it ever, ever again.

corianderstem said:
This video always creeped me out to no end. All these years later, I'm still completely tired of the song and don't care to hear it ever, ever again.

It was seriously overplayed, but there's something kind of intriguing and psychedelic about the guitar parts between the chorus.

Such amazing guitar work cannot be found in a mainstream rock song anymore. The mainstream used to be better in the 90s. :(

Zootlesque said:
Such amazing guitar work cannot be found in a mainstream rock song anymore. The mainstream used to be better in the 90s. :(

Yeah, it was better then. In what other decade would artists as strange as Beck and Cyprus Hill sell millions?

Zootlesque said:

That's so true. Even the Gin Blossoms look like geniuses compared to today's crap on the radio. There's so much sameness now, for lack of a better word. Teenybopper sameness. :(

1994 :drool:

There were some great songs that year.

Hole's 'Doll Parts' and the Connells' '74/75' are two others that spring to mind.

angelordevil said:

That's so true. Even the Gin Blossoms look like geniuses compared to today's crap on the radio. There's so much sameness now, for lack of a better word. Teenybopper sameness. :(

So true. When I think back to what was played in the top 40 in the 90s, you had everything from Nirvana to Soundgarden to Pearl Jam to Hootie to the Gin Blossoms to Blues Traveler to Rusted Root to U2 to REM and more. Like the bands or not, there's such variety in there! Now it seems like Top 40 stations are really Top 10 stations, and there are only really 3 or so varieties----Daughtry-like, chick-rock, and guys with falsettos and pianos.

Back
Top Bottom