Black Hawk Down & Walk On

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
A wonderful storm swept most of the state this evening, so I cam home to my dungeon of a domicile (soon to be removed) and found an old buddy of mine out front chatting it up with the next door neighbors (the gun club) and enjoying adult beverages. After I instructed him to put away his .45 pistol, we had a couple of coldies and went to the store for more.

We got home as the rain came in, gauranteeing no football action tonight, and put in the movie I rented "Blackhawk Down".

Very good movie, fucked up as it happened 9 years ago. I kept hanging on the reminants of the phrase from the **General telling the troops to "leave nothing behind"

After the movie ended, I popped in the GRAMMY tape and played for my buddy the opening 'walk on'.

I found it appropriate, as the Grammy performance was one of their best recent performances and it seemed to ring true to current events of the world and the movie we had just watched.

THis has also affected something i have been thinking about at work. I may volunteer to assist the project of the "traveling wall" of the Vietnam Memorial Wall that is traveling around fro people to go and find the names of loved ones lost.

Anyway, Bless You if you read this:heart:

Leave nothing Behind

Hi Zed Wedge Boy. I have nothing to add. Just wanted to see what happened when if I gave you 5 stars.

Thank me later, I'm off to play virtual realirty golf.

Fun in the boondocks.

20 stars, guess my vote doesnt count. Maybe I dont get it. Dont bother thanking me, I dont deserve it.

Thank Gawd for virtual golf.

Later.

Sigh. There are stars now.
Get this, I dont.

Never even got to virtual golf so no virtual hole in one for me.
I hired a dvd instead. Anyone seen Oceans 11? Looks funny-ish.

Yes mand, we share the same lemon pic. I dont like originality. It scares me into thinking I may become unique. Cant be having none of that now.

Woe.

I dont feel good. I have suckbear maydays.

I wanted to see that, but I find it difficult to stomach those war movies sometimes. I saw some of the soldiers involved in that mission on Larry King when the movie came out-it was very touching.

As for the Vietnam Wall, I'm so ashamed to admit I've never been to DC. I might go this Fall. I think the travelling wall would be a wonderful volunteer project.:up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom