Black Eyed Peas unappreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_man2002 said:

Hate is such a strong word...prehaps "intense dislike"
For those wondering about the hate, ask yourselves why you hate Crazy Frog?
There's your answer.

Arcadion said:

For those wondering about the hate, ask yourselves why you hate Crazy Frog?
There's your answer.

Ahhh I had forgotten about that damn frog!

Obviously, their songs are crap
Obviously, they will add nothing positive to the music industry

But, sometimes, people want stupid, mindless music w/ a "good beat".

I can appreciate that.

Certainly, there are crappier groups to be successful.....

Spice Girls anyone?
LFO (I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch:huh: )
Colour Me Badd (I Wanna Sexx You Up:yuck: )
Creed:giggle:

Numb1075 said:
But, sometimes, people want stupid, mindless music w/ a "good beat".

I can appreciate that.

:up: Yes, as long as they admit that it's just a crappy song you dance to in a bar!

Heck, I'm guilty of dancing to the Humps song in a drunken state at a local bar. :reject: :wink:

HAHAHA Zoot danced to Humps in a bar !!1@!!!

Everybody point and laugh !!21!!@

Of course I'm kidding:wink:

Believe it or not, sometimes people don't want to hear "deep songs", they don't want Sunday Bloody Sunday, We are the World, Lighting Crashes.....

They want Humps, Barbie Girl, and Holla Back Girl

I will never buy those songs, but can understand why one would do so.

Big ups to Zoot for admitting his temporary insanity:wink:

I met the guy from Black Eyed Pea's with the dreadlocks in a club in Birmingham once. i shook his hand and took a photo of him on my camera phone. i don't think he enjoyed the experience as his facial expression on the photo proved. oh well, it's a good story to tell people :wink:

Zootlesque said:

Heck, I'm guilty of dancing to the Humps song in a drunken state at a local bar. :reject: :wink:

my humps is a great song if experienced in a loud club/bar while under the influence of (something)

by no means should this song ever be experienced in a non-intoxicated state.

"My Humps" is such a vile, uninspired piece of juvenile trash. I cannot understand how anyone over the age of 12 could possibly respect an artist that writes lyrics like that.

bono_man2002 said:

They've been around that long!?
The Black Eyed Peas have been around for quite a while, actually. They just recently broke through to mainstream success when they made the decision to pick up Fergie, though, and discovered some dope beats. They took a lot of flack from their core hip-hop audience for that one as it was seen as a ploy simply to gain popularity.

It worked and now we're all blessed with their angelic melodies.

Kidding.

Now, My Humps is utter shit, as there's no catchy anything in that song except for the coining of the term 'my humps'.

Hollaback Girl, on the other hand, is a brilliant bit of pop muzik production and quirkyness that I enjoy listening to when no one can see me dancing.

:ohmy:

I must be the only one who finds My Humps to be a delightful little ditty. I prefer it to that "Where is The Love" garbage.

The Black Eyes Peas are indeed ordinary however, although I would not go as far as to use them as the best example of everything that is wrong with the contemporary music industry. That dis-honour goes to Jet.

U2DMfan said:
Someone else in a different thread said it the best.

"They are everything wrong with the music industry"

Exactly.

intedomine said:
That dis-honour goes to Jet.
What are you talking about?

• Leather jackets
  • 5-o'clock shadows
  • Flying Vs

Hayyy they must b rock and roll guyz.

Back
Top Bottom