Black Crowes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
They are in town playing 5 nights at a small theater in Hollywood! I'm so excited. I'm only going to one show, Friday night. Talk about a band who changes up setlists and plays songs out of the blue. I was perusing their message board - wow. I have no idea what to expect :hyper: Apparently they played for 2 1/2- 3 hours last night, according to their site/a friend of mine. He's going tonite. I just love this southern soul. Then again I like the IRISH soul, Australian rock/soul (AC/DC), the Queen of Soul (Aretha).

The GOAL IS SOUL! :rockon:

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming :whistle:

I liked their stuff around "Remedy" when that came out. Great band that never became nearly as popular as they should have.

I saw them with Jimmy Page at the Greek Theater (you know, the one where the CD was released from). Had won tickets on the radio for 8th row seats when they came back to town. Unfortunately they postponed then cancelled the rest of that tour :grumpy:

Then I saw them on the split tour with Oasis. BC only played about an hours worth of music from the last album, so I was a little disappointed. Finally I get to see them headline for the whole show. Can't wait :hyper:

Well... I must say. The Black Crowes are quite a unique band. The show I saw last night - not one single song was played at the previous show. They change the set up nightly, and you never know what to expect. If you are going to hear the hits, you will be disappointed. They play all night - close to 3 hour shows on this tour (that I've read about). The theater held maybe 1000-1500 people (I could be wrong). We sat upstairs and it was loud as hell. Would have been better to bring earplugs, had I thought of it. If they were playing a bigger venue or perhaps the Greek Theater (outdoors), it probably would have sounded better. They just played and played and jammed. And I thought it was great, even though I don't know every song in their repertoire. The highlight for me was "Remedy". Never saw it live before (probably haven't seen many 'hits' before) - the place was wild. Had they improvised and went on to play more 'hits' or known songs, the crowd would have stayed standing and hyped... But you have to expect the unexpected when you see them. Here's the setlist for my show, for those few that may be interested:

- Set One -
DON’T DO IT
HOTEL ILLNESS
CYPRESS TREE
PRE-ROAD DOWNS
GOOD FRIDAY
SOUL SINGING
PEACE ANYWAY
HALFWAY TO EVERYWHERE
CATHY’S CLOWN (1st time played)
SOMETIMES SALVATION
MY MORNING SONG

- Set Two -
GREASY GRASS RIVER
WISER TIME MOST LIKELY YOU GO YOUR WAY AND I'LL GO MINE
SHARE THE RIDE ->
MELLOW DOWN EASY
GIRL FROM A PAWNSHOP
LONG LONG LONG
COSMIC FRIEND
A CONSPIRACY
REMEDY
- encore -
THE NIGHT THEY DROVE OLE DIXIE DOWN

(and for those interested, here are the sets from the 2 previous nights)

10/19/05

Set One -
No Speak, No Slave
Go Faster
Thick N' Thin
Black Moon Creeping
Comin' Home
Descending
High Head Blues
Darling Of The Underground Press
You Don't Miss Your Water
Downtown Money Waster -> Jam ->
Jam -> Thorn In My Pride
Fearless

- Set Two -
Many Rivers To Cross (1st time played)
Another Roadside Tragedy
By Your Side
Glad And Sorry
Feathers
L.A.
Miracle To Me
Nonfiction
Shake Your Money Maker
Twice As Hard
- encore -
Pimper's Paradise

10/18/05:

Set One -
Midnight From The Inside Out
Sting Me
Horsehead
Tied Up And Swallowed
Soul Singing
Ballad In Urgency ->
Wiser Time
Trouble
My Morning Song
Lay It All On Me

- Set Two -
Song Of Love
Gone
Cancel Everything
Title Song
Hard To Handle
Sin City
Nebakanezer
Young Man, Old Man
Jealous Again
Remedy
- encore -
Oh Well

They are playing 2 more nights here. I have another show tonite (Queen), but in the back of my mind...wonder what they will play tonite & tomorrow. I'm Jealous Again!!

I saw them a few months ago...one in this small club in VT:rockon: kicked ass!!!!! and then at the orpheum in boston:rockon: great show!

Back
Top Bottom