Bjork's "Earth Intruders" vs. The White Stripes' "Icky Thump"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
A battle between the lead singles from two of the years most anticipated albums.

Make your choice.

Canadiens1160 said:
The White Stripes have a cooler name.
'Bjork' makes me think of pork.

thats because you bitches pronounce it wrongly. actually, her name is björk. but there's no friggin' way you guys would ever be able to pronounce the ö. it doesn't sound like pork when pronounced correctly.

anyway, earth intruders is wonderful.

I dig Earth Intruders and all. I'm excited about Volta...

but Icky Thump, who-da thunk? :drool:

Björk ofcourse! Earth Intruders is a great song. And I'm definitely gonna buy Volta.
But I haven't heard that White Stripes song. But I don't like them so much. Björk is much better.

I gotta give props to the White Stripes for doing what I can't remember ever happening in a tour of Canada. They are touring all of Canada. I mean, ALL of Canada. All ten provinces from B.C to Newfoundland ANNDDD Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut. Apparently, the Whitehorse venue only seats 428 people, Iqaluit has a population of only 6-7000 people.

The Whitehorse venue, pretty intimate eh?:wink:

theatre_large.jpg

I hope to catch them at the Ottawa festival.

U2Man said:
rødgrød med fløde.

try to say it.
The Danes have a sort of stewed fruit dish called rødgrød med fløde. It’s one of those phrases that foreigners can never, ever learn to say properly.
“rødgrød” - the Danish R is to be produced with a bit of a rasp in the back of the throat, but not so much that you lose your precious phlegm. Purse your lips and grunt for the vowel, and then finish the syllable with a sort of numb-tongued bastard cross between a soft th, an l, and the noise a fish might make if it were surprised. You’ve just managed to say the word for “red”. The second syllable is the same, only with a G in front of it.

“med fløde” - we do an exercise in Danish class where we cross out all the letters of a word that aren’t pronounced. This works best with something like “selvfølgelig” which is pronounced about like “seFULly” but you can also do it with “med” - cross out the d, and if you’re really feeling adventurous you can probably get rid of most of the e as well. Fløde works exactly like rødgrød, but the ø is a bit rounder, and you also give a passing nod to the e on the end. After you’ve bitten the end of your tongue trying to say the d, this is easy. And once you’ve done that, all you have to do is wait for the thunderous applause from your new, awe-struck Danish friends, and start hitting the busking circuits around Copenhagen.

Haven't heard the new White Stripes track and have never really liked them that much, on the other hand Earth Intruders is :drool:

Back
Top Bottom